Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dfosterf  
#31 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 5:39:28 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 198
Applause Received: 416

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
No, I have to be a dick because some people refuse to take off their G&G goggles and try and put this fandom guilt trip on everything which is BS. DD should not have been on the roster this season because you can throw a rook in there playing for league minimum instead of $1.2 million.

Didn't you pull the trigger on my JAMES Jones?

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline DakotaT  
#32 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 5:44:06 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,360

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
Didn't you pull the trigger on my JAMES Jones?

Yeah, I was willing to let his non catching ass walk. I am wrong on occassion, but not often.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#33 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 6:41:22 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,030
Applause Received: 1,467

No, I have to be a dick because some people refuse to take off their G&G goggles and try and put this fandom guilt trip on everything which is BS. DD should not have been on the roster this season because you can throw a rook in there playing for league minimum instead of $1.2 million.

Yeah, I was willing to let his non catching ass walk. I am wrong on occassion, but not often.

well you are wrong again because your bitch is not with the rest of the fans but with Ted and Mike.

UserPostedImage

Offline dfosterf  
#34 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 6:52:28 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

I never did hear where Nonstop went. My imagination wants me to think he fulfilled his (apparent) life long dream of practicing gynecology, and just forgot about us little folk as he pursued his dreams in-depth, so to speak. Flapper

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline DakotaT  
#35 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 7:00:06 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
well you are wrong again because your bitch is not with the rest of the fans but with Ted and Mike.

I was wrong on Jones because he is starting to become the player he always should have been, but I haven't been wrong about DD. My bitch is with no one, I just give my opinion and then get jumped by people who sleep with DD jerseys on.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#36 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 7:03:59 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 397
Applause Received: 1,075

I don't have an issue with DD not playing.. not in the least. My opinion is just this is not how I wish he would have gone out.

A player, at least in my opinion, wants to play his last game at home. I worked my ass of just to take one snap after the wreck. My peace with it.

Maybe he was in error coming back.. but I think he believed he could still help this team and play in the Big Game this time in full.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#37 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 7:13:52 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

DD is most certainly welcome on this field in place of ANY WR on this team for this playoff try, in my world.

Any single one of them, taking all pluses and minuses of doing that into account.

the best one in the business, this corps-imo, he fits just fine (even at) his age.

Message modified by user Sunday, January 6, 2013 7:24:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

Offline wpr  
#38 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 7:19:20 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,030
Applause Received: 1,467

I was wrong on Jones because he is starting to become the player he always should have been, but I haven't been wrong about DD. My bitch is with no one, I just give my opinion and then get jumped by people who sleep with DD jerseys on.

oh no sweet pea. You in so many words you are insinuating that DD is on the team because the fans would be outraged if he was not there.

UserPostedImage

Offline Wade  
#39 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 7:31:35 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 678
Applause Received: 697

IMO, a fitting end for DD's career would be the following:

1. He is active for the Super Bowl this year.
2. He catches one pass, what turns out to be the winning (but not the last) TD in a Packer victory.
3. That pass is the pass he was at one time better than anyone at, the quick slant from the slot, which he turns from an 8 yard gain into a 65 yard TD gallop.

That, IMO,would be fitting.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline dfosterf  
#40 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 7:37:34 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post

2. He catches one pass, what turns out to be the winning (but not the last) TD in a Packer victory.
3. That pass is the pass he was at one time better than anyone at, the quick slant from the slot, which he turns from an 8 yard gain into a 65 yard TD gallop.

I have no reason to think that Donald Driver is not fully capable of doing precisely that, if given the chance to do so.

I'd like to see that, too.

UserPostedImage

Offline DakotaT  
#41 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 8:18:52 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post

Oh my God. Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#42 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 8:20:06 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

I have no reason to think that Donald Driver is not fully capable of doing precisely that, if given the chance to do so.

I'd like to see that, too.

Yeah, just like you're capable of bedding down triplets in there mid twenties. Duh!
UserPostedImage
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#43 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 8:49:29 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

You know what. If he helps us win a superbowl on or off the field. May It be 1 or 2 catches. I'm pretty happy either way. He knows he's on the decline. He's like Jeff Saturday, one of the best professional players ever. I hate to compare MJ to these guys but that's something that all teams look for. A pros pro.
Offline Wade  
#44 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 9:27:08 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 678
Applause Received: 697

I never did hear where Nonstop went. My imagination wants me to think he fulfilled his (apparent) life long dream of practicing gynecology, and just forgot about us little folk as he pursued his dreams in-depth, so to speak. Flapper

Well, he has an NFCNorth blog with live interviews and everything (I was on once, zombie was on, what, three time?). I haven't been there in some time. And they just had another child. I'm hoping to get together with them sometime this month.

And, alas, that's all the gossip I know.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#45 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2013 7:20:16 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 371

It was a sad moment seeing the look on Driver, and knowing they could have had him dressed and even playing. Having Ross active for returning kicks only was kind of a waste of a roster spot if you are putting Cobb back on punts. But there may still be some life for Driver being active this season. With Nelson being hobbled some, I could see Driver being active the next 3 games.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed