Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages«<456
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline doddpower  
#76 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2013 12:19:24 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,000
Applause Received: 487

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Aaron Rodgers is slowly giving himself cancer, obsessing over every little slight he has ever perceived.

It's not my place to question anyone's motivation, especially someone that is incredibly successful at something I could never do. It can't be easy to stay motivated to continually take a beating the way Rodgers does, especially now that he's already very rich. Whatever it takes to stay motivated, I say do it. I remember big John Henderson used to love to be slapped and hit before games to pump him up. James Hetfield (lead singer of Metallica, understandably kind of a lame example), used to or maybe still does step around in cat litter before shows. People use all kinds of different things to motivate, prepare, and push them throughout their careers. Football is an extreme game, and sometimes takes extreme measures (although I view nothing Rodgers does as extreme in terms of a chip on his shoulder). The guy just wants to prove that he can be one of the best. Good for him. Most the stars have felt the same way. I hope he continues to not only want to be one of the best Green Bay Packers ever, but one of the best players of all time, because if he achieves that, it likely means another Super Bowl win, or two, for the Packers. Hopefully Rodgers successor feels the exact same way. The Packers could have a QB like Mark Sanchez, Romo, Schuab, Locker, Dalton, . . . the list goes on and on. How lucky Packer fans are.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
earthquake on 1/9/2013(UTC)
Offline VinceLambeauStarr  
#77 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2013 9:31:44 AM(UTC)
VinceLambeauStarr

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 24

Nerdmann.

How I missed you! And, I know who you are, f*ckface!

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool is my captain.
Offline nerdmann  
#78 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2013 2:49:41 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,556
Applause Received: 640

Originally Posted by: VinceLambeauStarr Go to Quoted Post
Nerdmann.

How I missed you! And, I know who you are, f*ckface!

UserPostedImage

S'up mahhn.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline gbguy20  
#79 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2013 2:51:15 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 285

I am re-watching the superbowl right now. The number of slants and quick passes we are running is simply awesome, and i am suddenly sad.
call me Dan
Offline warhawk  
#80 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2013 3:31:15 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 219

There is a great article on Rodgers by Trent Dilfer. He talks about how QB's can beat you with their brains, arm, accuracy, and feet, stating Rodgers blows all other QB's away when you combine those four elements.
That was not the most interesting part of the article, however. He went on to say that the 49r's are in trouble because their defense has not changed much and they utilized the same schemes and looks all year. He went on to talk about Atlanta a few years ago and how they beat the Packers in the regular season but then Rodgers smoked them in the playoffs. The Falcons, in Dilfers mind, made the fatal error of thinking they had defensive schemes that could hold Rodgers in check but what happened was he saw everything they were trying to do and was one step ahead of them the second time around.
He went on to say that while the 49'rs have had success on defense their lack of additional kinds of schemes to throw Rodgers off will allow him to carve them up this second time around. They run essentially the same looks they did in week one.

I hope he's right.

As far as being a stat whore I think that's bogus. I see him as a guy that only cares about winning and if INT's didn't = losses he wouldn't worry about not throwing them as much. Based on how many games he's won and how many we lost thru no fault of his having done what he could to get a W I say just keep doing what your doing.
"The train is leaving the station."
thanks Post received 2 applause.
SINCITYCHEEZE on 1/9/2013(UTC), gbguy20 on 1/9/2013(UTC)
Offline gbguy20  
#81 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2013 10:09:47 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 285

Originally Posted by: warhawk Go to Quoted Post
There is a great article on Rodgers by Trent Dilfer. He talks about how QB's can beat you with their brains, arm, accuracy, and feet, stating Rodgers blows all other QB's away when you combine those four elements.
That was not the most interesting part of the article, however. He went on to say that the 49r's are in trouble because their defense has not changed much and they utilized the same schemes and looks all year. He went on to talk about Atlanta a few years ago and how they beat the Packers in the regular season but then Rodgers smoked them in the playoffs. The Falcons, in Dilfers mind, made the fatal error of thinking they had defensive schemes that could hold Rodgers in check but what happened was he saw everything they were trying to do and was one step ahead of them the second time around.
He went on to say that while the 49'rs have had success on defense their lack of additional kinds of schemes to throw Rodgers off will allow him to carve them up this second time around. They run essentially the same looks they did in week one.

I hope he's right.

As far as being a stat whore I think that's bogus. I see him as a guy that only cares about winning and if INT's didn't = losses he wouldn't worry about not throwing them as much. Based on how many games he's won and how many we lost thru no fault of his having done what he could to get a W I say just keep doing what your doing.

link to article
call me Dan
Offline Zero2Cool  
#82 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 6:20:11 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,911
Applause Received: 2,118

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post

Not sure if that's the one he's referring to though ...
UserPostedImage