Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MontanaBob  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 14, 2008 6:59:48 PM(UTC)
MontanaBob

Applause Received: 52

We made it back to Missoula late Saturday afternoon, and it is cold. Right now, on Sunday pm it's 5 below and suppossed to get to -18 tonight.

What a game. Our seats were in the endzone below the scoreboard, next to the James Madison Band. Most of the rest of the Griz fans were on the right side from us, about the 30 yard line. (we got the cheap seats...gotta talk to Forrest about that)

Forrest and I had some fun with the band, and by the end of the game they were going to let us play a few bars of "Up With Montana". Now that would have been sweet, except Forrest and I can't play a note even on a drum.

We won't be going to Chattanooga next week as we're broke now. Gotta call Bush for some bailout money. As we were getting on the bus after the game, one little old lady all decked out in James Madison colors came up to us and bluntly said, "we're better than you. We should have won."
Forrest, being the diplomatic gentleman that he is, turned and said to her, "Have you looked at the scoreboard? It says 35-27 in favor of Montana. And the clock says 00:00....game over. Next time we play you, we'll put in our first team.....that was a high school team to we used tonight."

She turned and walked away, then turned back and shouted, "we'll see about that." We all laughed all the way back to the hotel.

vegOmatic.....I personally know Carpentars parents since I've worked Griz home games in the TV booth and on the field. And...dead giveaway....Dan's mother was wearing a Dolphins jersey with #5 on it and the name CARPENTER on the back. Sorta gives you a clue.

Next Friday on ESPN Richmond falls again. And if the Griz lose, hey, 130 other teams would have liked to have been there just for the chance.
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
Sponsor
Offline Formo  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 14, 2008 10:07:29 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

I didn't read the whole post..

But, my uncle lived in Missoula for a few years, and I stayed with him for a week. That's beautiful country, especially Missoula.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Rockmolder  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 15, 2008 7:13:42 AM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 147
Applause Received: 237

-5... That's already like -20 Celsius.

Glad your team won, nothing better than some bragging rights against other fans. Especially if they make fools of themselfs like that :p.
UserPostedImage
Offline MontanaBob  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 15, 2008 3:30:35 PM(UTC)
MontanaBob

Applause Received: 52

Right on, Formo. Missoula is beautiful but right now I'm not sure. If you stay inside it's nice, outside, nasty!

With all the snow it looks absolutely beautiful.......until you step outside and realize what minus 45 is like. If we could put all the lakes from around The Cities or Northern Wisconsin out here in Western Montana, then this would be absolute paradise.

Except for the friggin' cold and snow.
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
Rss Feed