Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages«<3456>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DakotaT  
#61 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2013 9:49:10 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,243
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,296

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post


OK, fess up, which of you nimrods started this?
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#62 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 6:44:20 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 12,332
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,738
Applause Received: 1,311

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
OK, fess up, which of you nimrods started this?


This I love. Applause Applause Applause

We all know that you did it and are trying to make us not think it was you. Laughing
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline Wade  
#63 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 7:16:38 AM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,762
Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 629
Applause Received: 647

I use my facebook account so little I have to reset my password every time because I've forgotten it again.
None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline musccy  
#64 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 7:58:31 AM(UTC)
musccy

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,914
Joined: 5/7/2009(UTC)
Location: Pennsylvania

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 144

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
OK, fess up, which of you nimrods started this?


Guilty Blushing

Just kidding, this feels like Burt Farve all over again. Fans care more about a player than the team and/or logic. If DD, due to injuries or match-ups, gives the Pack a better chance to win, Mike McCarthy will put him out there.

Offline DakotaT  
#65 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 8:21:10 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,243
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,296

Originally Posted by: musccy Go to Quoted Post
Guilty Blushing

Just kidding, this feels like Burt Farve all over again. Fans care more about a player than the team and/or logic. If DD, due to injuries or match-ups, gives the Pack a better chance to win, Mike McCarthy will put him out there.



But that's the problem for some of these guys, he isn't putting him out there because he doesn't give the Pack a better chance to win.
UserPostedImage
Offline musccy  
#66 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 9:03:17 AM(UTC)
musccy

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,914
Joined: 5/7/2009(UTC)
Location: Pennsylvania

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 144

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
But that's the problem for some of these guys, he isn't putting him out there because he doesn't give the Pack a better chance to win.


Exactly. I'm a DD fan, and admittedly I don't like seeing him, Saturday, and pretty shortly Woody's career with the Packers end awkwardly/unceremoniously, but I, along with Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy would rather see the Packers win than hand out effort awards and rice crispy squares after every game.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DakotaT on 1/8/2013(UTC)
Offline steveishere  
#67 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 11:17:33 AM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Posts: 1,531
Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 38
Applause Received: 790

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
Boykin I would agree with. Not Ross though. Just over a month up from the practice squad and primarily doing nothing but Special teams.


Which is a lot more than Driver has been doing.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#68 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 4:32:27 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Posts: 2,277
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 247
Applause Received: 365

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
No, I have to be a dick because some people refuse to take off their G&G goggles and try and put this fandom guilt trip on everything which is BS. DD should not have been on the roster this season because you can throw a rook in there playing for league minimum instead of $1.2 million.


Glad you are so proud to be 'A Dick". Congratulations, you've reached your ultimate goal in life!!!
Lets review the players that wouldn't be on this team if you were evaluating talent and making your "Business decisions"

Let's start with Ryan Grant, hell you would have released him before the 2008,2009,and 2011 seasons, No way would you have brought him back this year, guy can't hit the whole, guy goes down to easy, guys over the hill,he can't contribute.
(2008, 2009 1200+rushing yds top 5 each year. Think )

All he's done since coming back is carry the load until DeJuan Harris got acclamented to the RB position.

Jarret Bush(one of the best SP teams player in the league Think ), if you were GM he would have been playing for The Titans 4 yrs ago.

A.J. Hawk, you would have released his overpaid ass 3 years ago, no way is he worth the money he's making.(Packers leading tackler in 2012 Think )

James Jones, no way was he good enough to be resigned after the 2010 season.(led the league in TD catches in 2012 Think )

Jermicheal Finley, guy talks to much and drops to many balls, you wouldn't have had to worry about resigning him after this year, because you would have jettisoned his as after last year.
Guy is pretty much unstoppable over the middle right now. Think )

Going back in time again Clifton and Tauscher in 2010 and 2011, guys were "done" (both turned in Pro bowl year in 2010 Think ).

After thinking about this, looking at your TRACK RECORD at evaluating talent and making "business" decisions.

I am more certain than ever Donald Driver will be active if not this week in Frisco, definately next week against Seattle at Lambeau!!! (yes it will all come together)

You say I have G&G goggles, can't let go of the past, YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN ANY MORE WRONG!!!

Here's the difference between you and me.

Whoever is on the field for The Packers, I'm gonna support 100%, I trust Ted and Mike's decisions, I know they are putting the best 53 on the roster and THE BEST 46 on the field that is available to them.

You on the other hand think you know more than Ted and Mike and if there is a player you don't feel is worthy in your mind, you would rather THEY FAIL just so you can beat your chest and say "I TOLD YOU SO, I TOLD YOU SO, I AM RIGHT AND EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG".

Once again Congratulations on being the self-proclamed "Forum Dick" hope you are proud.
“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
Offline DakotaT  
#69 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 5:04:08 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,243
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,296

Actually Buckeye the difference between you and I is nothing because we both use conjecture to form our opinions. My opinion comes from what I presently see on the field and yours is tainted with nostalgia. I like to go with younger guys with potential, and you prefer the names you know. I think the big difference between us is that I don't think the Packers owe any of these guys a God damn thing, whereas you seem to think a marginal veteran deserves some kind of loyalty. Grant hasn't done shit but be a stop gap, and don't even bring up the game against the JV Tennessee team that phoned in the game.
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#70 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 5:32:36 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Posts: 2,277
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 247
Applause Received: 365

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Actually Buckeye the difference between you and I is nothing because we both use conjecture to form our opinions. My opinion comes from what I presently see on the field and yours is tainted with nostalgia. I like to go with younger guys with potential, and you prefer the names you know. I think the big difference between us is that I don't think the Packers owe any of these guys a God damn thing, whereas you seem to think a marginal veteran deserves some kind of loyalty. Grant hasn't done shit but be a stop gap, and don't even bring up the game against the JV Tennessee team that phoned in the game.


Denial....a river in Egypt. LOL LOL

Just keep posting your opinions on players, everytime you do you prove my point.

When are you goiong to realize,

I'M NOT THE ONE WHO SIGNED DD TO 1 YEAR EXTENSION,

I'M NOT THE ONE WHO CHOSE TO KEEP HIM ON THE 53 MAN ROSTER INSTEAD OF IR'ING HIM THIS YEAR.
(That would be Ted and mike)

I'M NOT THE ONE WHO CAN'T EXECPT THE FACT THAT RYAN GRANT HAS MADE A CONTRIBUTION THE LAST MONTH.
(that would be you)

The Packers rosTer is made up of 53 men, 46 are active on gameday.

I AM THE ONE WHO SUPPORTS WHOEVER THOSE 53 AND 46 PLAYERS ARE.

“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
Offline DakotaT  
#71 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 5:50:56 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,243
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,296

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
Denial....a river in Egypt. LOL LOL

Just keep posting your opinions on players, everytime you do you prove my point.

When are you goiong to realize,

I'M NOT THE ONE WHO SIGNED DD TO 1 YEAR EXTENSION,

I'M NOT THE ONE WHO CHOSE TO KEEP HIM ON THE 53 MAN ROSTER INSTEAD OF IR'ING HIM THIS YEAR.
(That would be Ted and mike)

I'M NOT THE ONE WHO CAN'T EXECPT THE FACT THAT RYAN GRANT HAS MADE A CONTRIBUTION THE LAST MONTH.
(that would be you)

The Packers rosTer is made up of 53 men, 46 are active on gameday.

I AM THE ONE WHO SUPPORTS WHOEVER THOSE 53 AND 46 PLAYERS ARE.



No shit Sherlock! So basically you are admitting to being a lemming off a cliff. What exactly is this forum for? d'oh!
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#72 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 5:58:47 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Posts: 12,750
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,020

LOL... Didn't last a week. Big Grin

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
And the best part for you is that I can't argue with you for a whole year. I'll just have to take all your hypothesis on the Packers, read them, and then bite my tongue. Do you realize how painful that will be? But it was totally worth it.

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#73 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 6:09:34 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Posts: 2,277
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 247
Applause Received: 365

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
LOL... Didn't last a week. Big Grin





Always the voice of reason Pack93z

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
Offline gbguy20  
#74 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 10:09:26 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,238
Joined: 8/28/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 280

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
Glad you are so proud to be 'A Dick". Congratulations, you've reached your ultimate goal in life!!!
Lets review the players that wouldn't be on this team if you were evaluating talent and making your "Business decisions"

Let's start with Ryan Grant, hell you would have released him before the 2008,2009,and 2011 seasons, No way would you have brought him back this year, guy can't hit the whole, guy goes down to easy, guys over the hill,he can't contribute.
(2008, 2009 1200+rushing yds top 5 each year. Think )

All he's done since coming back is carry the load until DeJuan Harris got acclamented to the RB position.

Jarret Bush(one of the best SP teams player in the league Think ), if you were GM he would have been playing for The Titans 4 yrs ago.

A.J. Hawk, you would have released his overpaid ass 3 years ago, no way is he worth the money he's making.(Packers leading tackler in 2012 Think )

James Jones, no way was he good enough to be resigned after the 2010 season.(led the league in TD catches in 2012 Think )

Jermicheal Finley, guy talks to much and drops to many balls, you wouldn't have had to worry about resigning him after this year, because you would have jettisoned his as after last year.
Guy is pretty much unstoppable over the middle right now. Think )

Going back in time again Clifton and Tauscher in 2010 and 2011, guys were "done" (both turned in Pro bowl year in 2010 Think ).

After thinking about this, looking at your TRACK RECORD at evaluating talent and making "business" decisions.

I am more certain than ever Donald Driver will be active if not this week in Frisco, definately next week against Seattle at Lambeau!!! (yes it will all come together)

You say I have G&G goggles, can't let go of the past, YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN ANY MORE WRONG!!!

Here's the difference between you and me.

Whoever is on the field for The Packers, I'm gonna support 100%, I trust Ted and Mike's decisions, I know they are putting the best 53 on the roster and THE BEST 46 on the field that is available to them.

You on the other hand think you know more than Ted and Mike and if there is a player you don't feel is worthy in your mind, you would rather THEY FAIL just so you can beat your chest and say "I TOLD YOU SO, I TOLD YOU SO, I AM RIGHT AND EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG".

Once again Congratulations on being the self-proclamed "Forum Dick" hope you are proud.


After reading this I am absolutely convinced you have been taking notes and I would love to hear the notes you have on me :>
call me Dan
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#75 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2013 2:36:43 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Posts: 2,277
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 247
Applause Received: 365

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
After reading this I am absolutely convinced you have been taking notes and I would love to hear the notes you have on me :>


Don't have to take notes when the same subjects come up time and time again, year after year.



“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest (3)
6 Pages«<3456>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error



Recent Topics
49m / Fantasy Sports Talk / Mucky Tundra

50m / Green Bay Packers Talk / musccy

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

12h / Around The NFL / Dexter_Sinister

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16h / Random Babble / Pack93z

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23-Jul / Random Babble / DakotaT

22-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

22-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Wade

22-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Dulak

22-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Jul / Random Babble / dhazer


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.