Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
8 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#16 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2013 6:48:29 PM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 3,311
Applause Received: 1,606
Gaycandybacon said: Go to Quoted Post
The key to winning this game is simply the same gameplan as last week. Make them pass the ball, start out fast, stop the big plays from the running game, and run the ball enough to keep the TOP in our hands. It will come down to which QB has the better day. That will be Aaron.

28-17 Packers.

yep. make them one dimensional with the pass and put pressure on them.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Pack93z on 1/7/2013(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#17 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2013 6:51:25 PM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Applause Given: 410
Applause Received: 1,130
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
yep. make them one dimensional with the pass and put pressure on them.

What is this you say... the run is important. :-k
Offline stevegb  
#18 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2013 7:42:06 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 16
Applause Received: 18
Game of the year IMO Elite offense versus Elite Defense, I think it comes down to whether our defense can stop their offense. I think whoever wins this wins it all.

That front 7 is scary as hell hopefully Dejuan Harris can have a big impact early and keep the pass rushers second guessing themselves. Also want to see Raji continue his dominant performance from last week and hopefully see the defense as a whole remain as aggressive and, more importantly, as disciplined as they where last week. Kaepernick isn't going to miss as many passes as Web did last week.

Quick side note is this the earlier game or later game ?
Offline wpr  
#19 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2013 7:58:03 PM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

stevegb said: Go to Quoted Post
Game of the year IMO Elite offense versus Elite Defense, I think it comes down to whether our defense can stop their offense. I think whoever wins this wins it all.

That front 7 is scary as hell hopefully Dejuan Harris can have a big impact early and keep the pass rushers second guessing themselves. Also want to see Raji continue his dominant performance from last week and hopefully see the defense as a whole remain as aggressive and, more importantly, as disciplined as they where last week. Kaepernick isn't going to miss as many passes as Web did last week.

Quick side note is this the earlier game or later game ?

Playoffs - Divisional Playoffs
SAT, JAN 12 TIME (ET) TV LOCATION
Baltimore at Denver 4:30 PM CBS Sports Authority Field at Mile High
Green Bay at San Francisco 8:00 PM FOX Candlestick Park
SUN, JAN 13 TIME (ET) TV TICKETS LOCATION
Seattle at Atlanta 1:00 PM FOX Georgia Dome
Houston at New England 4:30 PM CBS Gillette Stadium
Offline wpr  
#20 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2013 8:03:40 PM(UTC)

Pack93z said: Go to Quoted Post
What is this you say... the run is important. :-k

Like MN, the running game is important to SF. Not so much to GB other than to keep the other teams from sacking Aaron Rodgers every other down.
Offline DakotaT  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 7:58:30 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 779
Applause Received: 1,567
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
Like MN, the running game is important to SF. Not so much to GB other than to keep the other teams from sacking Aaron Rodgers every other down.

That checkdown to Dujaun Harris has been a thing of beauty. I'm not so worried about their Defense with a one armed Justin Smith, cause Aldon Smith is a one trick pony without him. Their defense as a whole is hard hitting, so our boys just have to man up. I really don't think we are as soft as we were in game 1, so anybody thinking San Francisco is going to man handle us again is in for a rude awakening.
Offline warhawk  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 10:45:11 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 253
Just some general observations.

When it's 2nd round playoff time teams are usually pretty even. Look to the better QB to be the difference.

The 49'r pass rush is always sited yet the Packers have 9 more sacks and that was with CM3 out a month.

The lack of a balanced offense is often sited as a shortcoming for the Packers yet they are one of only four teams that average over 250 ypg passing and 100 ypg rushing. Two of the other three are NE and Denver. The tops seeds over in the AFC.

Finally, the Packers have now seen what the 49r's will do defensively over and over and you can see how McCarthy has adapted with Harris and the offense. The offense is now comfortable with what they have to do to be more effective when the defense has taken away the big play opportunites.

That and the fact we had four or five players in their first pro game in there defensively at any one time that first go around and what was Bush doing in there anyhow?. They are much more ready for this now.

Zero2Cool on 1/8/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 11:16:56 AM(UTC)

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2015Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Applause Given: 2,138
Applause Received: 2,875
2010 Packers faced their week 1 opponent in the playoffs, the Eagles.

2010 Eagles, Falcons, Bears. Packers played each during the season.
2012 Vikings, 49ers and possibly Seahawks.

Irrelevant observation, yes.
Packers_Finland on 1/8/2013(UTC)
Offline gbguy20  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 11:22:00 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 329
Applause Received: 382
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post

care to explain the significance of said irrelevant observation? I don't get it :-k
Offline Packers_Finland  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 11:26:34 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 88
Applause Received: 45
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post

I'm not a superstitious man but I do like this train of thought.
Offline earthquake  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 11:28:36 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 445
Applause Received: 143
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post
care to explain the significance of said irrelevant observation? I don't get it :-k

In 2010 the Packers faced each of their (NFC) playoff opponents earlier in the regular season.

If the Packers and Seahawks win this weekend, they will do the same once again.
Offline gbguy20  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 11:30:11 AM(UTC)

In that case, we would have lost to all 3 of our playoff opponents earlier in the regular season, not sure if like.
Offline warhawk  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 11:34:33 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 253
I was thinking of this myself about how nice it would be to take down the 49'rs and could hardly wait if it works out we get Seattle at our place.

That's justice and clearly shows whose best when it counts the most.

I so hope we put the 49r's away and the Seahawks beat Atlanta. I'm sure the Packers players want that more than you or me.
earthquake on 1/8/2013(UTC)
Offline gbguy20  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 11:40:19 AM(UTC)

Twitter lead me to this article on a 49ers blog:

Quote:
Cosell: “I don’t think Aaron Rodgers is playing particularly great football.”
Posted on January 8, 2013 by Grant Cohn

Greg Cosell spoke on KNBR Monday afternoon. Here’s what he said about Aaron Rodgers.

Q: How good is Aaron Rodgers, and can the 49ers contain him?

COSELL: I’m not saying this to be bold or controversial, but I don’t think Aaron Rodgers is playing particularly great football. I think he’s so physically gifted – he can throw it on the run better than anyone in this league – but he’s leaving an awful lot of plays on the field.

I think he’s indecisive and tentative in the pocket. He’s not pulling the trigger on throws that are there. I think this has been an ongoing thing all throughout the season.

Some people would say I’m nitpicking because of his numbers, but he’s so physically gifted that there are times that he still makes plays. The biggest concern with Aaron Rodgers and their pass offense right now is not the rhythmic flow of it, it’s the extension of plays. That’s where he’s at his best right now.

I would bet that the Packers will have to do some chipping with Jermichael Finley, with back, because their right tackle, Don Barclay, and quite frankly their left tackle, Marshall Newhouse, I don’t think they’re going to be able to block Ahmad Brooks or Aldon Smith.

Q: Why do you think Rodgers is leaving a lot of plays on the field?

COSELL: Sometimes he’ll leave plays on the field, move and make another play. Sometimes he’ll leave plays on the field, move and get sacked. His first two sacks this week were on him. He didn’t pull the trigger to open receivers and then he couldn’t get away. The defense then beat him. There’s been stretches of this season where he’s been like this. But he’s so physically gifted where he’ll make throws and you’ll go, “Wow, not many people make that throw.”

Q: It seems like their offense is not fazed when their in third and eight, third and 12.

COSELL: And that’s what you have to be concerned about. The burden Rodgers puts on your defense is this: No defense is built to cover, whether it’s zone or man, for four, five or six seconds. No defense it built to do that. And Rodgers, with his ability to extend plays – not only extend them, but then make throws at the intermediate and deeper levels, which is something not a lot of quarterbacks can do – that’s the burden he puts on your defense.

- greg cosell

Sure seems to be exactly what we have been discussing all season, here. Week 1 vs the niners was a perfect example of exactly what he is talking about. Watching film of that game rodgers took sacks instead of throwing it into the holes left by blitzing linebackers, missed out on at least 1 easy touchdown because of it. Let's hope it doesn't cost us the game this time.

edit: I hate the fact that this post is negative and I wasn't able to save it. Someone help me.

edit2: I'll turn it positive by stealing someone else's tweet:

Quote:
Melinda B ‏@ilovemypackers

Oh shit.. all these quakes in Northern and Central CA right now.. think the Niners are watching Packers film? #Scared #QuiveringInTheirShoes
Offline earthquake  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 11:42:07 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 445
Applause Received: 143
warhawk said: Go to Quoted Post
I was thinking of this myself about how nice it would be to take down the 49'rs and could hardly wait if it works out we get Seattle at our place.

That's justice and clearly shows whose best when it counts the most.

I so hope we put the 49r's away and the Seahawks beat Atlanta. I'm sure the Packers players want that more than you or me.

Yeah this is how I feel too, though I wouldn't be too worried about GB having to travel to the dome in Hotlanta where they absolutely own the Falcons.
Rss Feed