Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline vikesrule  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 6:25:07 PM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
We do all get along. Now lets put to bed all this wuss stuff and somebody call me an asshole sooner than later!

You're not an asshole DT.
A colossal dumbass and a major numbnuts, but not an asshole.
Sorry DT, I just had to quote you one last time.

With that said, and giving it careful thought for a couple of days, I have decided that I shall not post here anymore.
I will not apologize for my comments in that other thread, as for good or bad, it is where I am.
It is time for me to move on with what is left.

For those of you that remembered that I am not always an asshole, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the kind words and comments.
It means more to me than you will ever know.

Shawn, you are hell of good man, much better than I am. I will miss your sage advice, for you are truly one of a kind. I shall not forget you my friend.
Kevin, it has been my pleasure to watch you grow and mature. Keep growing and I wish you nothing but the very best.
Alan, you were the first "cheesehead" that I ever exchanged banter with. You will always have a special place in my heart.
Paul, what can I say, I have thoroughly enjoyed our wagers but even more so, the friendship. Thank you for that my amigo.
Wade, you are a fine, fine man. Please do not give in to self doubt. If it means anything at all, I respect the hell out of you.
Dave you old jarhead, I shall sorely miss our "back and forth".You and I go way back and have some differences, but so much more in common.
and we share that special bond, Band of Brothers as it were. Thank you for being my friend.
Wayne, you and I did not see eye to eye on much of anything. But I valued your thoughts and comments. I always respected you and thought kindly of you.
Phil, I will always hold close the remembrance of my favorite British cheesehead...and I shall send those jerseys to you.
Troy, well what the hell can I say to a dumbass that made my life much more enjoyable and complete...thank you for that my friend and keep fighting the good fight. I'm your Huckleberry.
Rourke, if you still read here, I hope that you are well and life is good for you. You are a unique individual and that is a good thing.
Detlev, you're a heck of fine young guy for a Dutchman (just kidding). You are wise beyond your years, it's been my pleasure to know you.
Bob (macbob), I always enjoyed your take on things. Be well my friend.
Bob (MontanaBob), you have led an interesting life to say the least. Your stories always brought a smile to my soul. Keep on with the adventures my friend.

Yooperfan, Toddy, Porky88, Porforis, RaiderPride, 4PackGirl, dhaser, nerdmann, SinCityCheese,TheKanataThrilla, PackFanWithTwins, earthquake, rabidgopher04,DGB454, mi_keys, gbguy20, GermanGilbert
RajiRoar, musccy, buckeyepackfan...and my apologies if I did not mention you...I enjoyed you guys.
Thank you for allowing me into your home.

I just remembered, it was about 7 or 8 years ago that I first ventured into that "other Packer Forum" and began to get to know you guys....time goes by quickly.

I will ask one more favor from you, please do not PM me, as that will just make it much more difficult. Thank you for that.

I parting, I would just like to say, you have made my life richer for being in it and for that, I am very, very grateful indeed.
I wish you a good and fulfilling life....and....I will miss you guys.

vikesrule has left the building...sorry, but you know me....couldn't leave on a totally somber note. Big Grin

Seriously....skål, my friends.

Sponsor
Offline Pack93z  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 6:34:30 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 383
Applause Received: 1,027

I am sorry... but that is the hardest and most painful thread I have read here. I will respect your wishes.. but not because I want to.

I honestly don't have the words.

Take care my friend and yell anytime if you wish.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
dfosterf on 1/12/2013(UTC)
Offline Wade  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 6:57:19 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 644
Applause Received: 657

I find myself completely without words. (And we all know how rare *that* is.)

Shawn said it all better than I could, so I'll echo by saying "what Shawn said, is *it*."

And Nick, wherever you are and whatever this thing you are going through is, know this. You may not see us again in this world, but I have to believe you will see us in the next.

God loves you, and so do I.

Wade
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline wpr  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 7:31:02 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,844
Applause Received: 1,370

I am very sorry to see you leave. Outside of football we are more alike than you realize.

Be well. Good life to you and all your loved ones.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 8:30:46 PM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE

United States

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 110

Sorry to see you go Vikes.We all have to do whats best for ourselves.Good Luck to you.
Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Offline macbob  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 9:54:12 PM(UTC)
macbob

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Applause Given: 264
Applause Received: 227

Nick, I echo what Shawn said--that was an extremely difficult post to read.

You are going to be terribly, terribly missed here. I have greatly enjoyed your sense of humor. You have added more to my enjoyment here than I can say.

I have such a tremendous sense of loss knowing you're not going to be posting here anymore, my friend. I'll be pulling whatever strings I can in praying for the best possible outcome for you, whatever that might be.

If there's anything we can do--short of becoming Vikings fans--please let us know (there, I couldn't end on a somber note, either).
UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 10:17:03 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 284

I am unaware of what is occurring right now, and I regret it. I regret not getting to know you, or anyone else here on a personal level. I will miss your banter, and everything else you brought to this board. Good luck, man.
call me Dan
Offline flep  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2013 2:03:29 AM(UTC)
flep

United Kingdom

Applause Given: 54
Applause Received: 60

Good luck to my favourite Vikings fan.

Take care of yourself Nick

God Bless

Phil Alty
Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 30 years

UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2013 6:56:01 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

Originally Posted by: vikesrule Go to Quoted Post
With that said, and giving it careful thought for a couple of days, I have decided that I shall not post here anymore.
I will not apologize for my comments in that other thread, as for good or bad, it is where I am.
It is time for me to move on with what is left.

Every time I hit the space bar key I hear a squeak that reminds me of nails on a chalkboard. Really pissing me off.

Something that kept up me late last night was ... when a member goes rogue or AWOL from here ... we don't know what happened to them. It got me wondering ... what if they passed away? Would we know? Would anyone in their family know to let us know? Am I overvaluing the importance of this site? Do we even deserve to know?

When someone from here decides to go elsewhere, or just to no longer participate... I take it personally. I question myself ... what could I have done better? Did I fail in keeping the site appealing? Did I fail in keeping the site unique? Did the site go down too many times? Did the site not respond fast enough? Did they get attacked and I overlooked it? Did I not do enough? Shit ... is it because of me??

No one is seeking an apology. Perhaps an understanding, maybe as I'm uninformed to what is going on. Most certainly, no one wants anyone to leave.
UserPostedImage
Offline Porforis  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2013 7:03:16 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

If nothing else, I respect you for being intelligent (if a bit crass at times) and having the courage to know when to walk away. As great as this community is, sometimes there are more important things in life and I hope that you feel welcome (or at least as welcome as a Purple Fiend can be) to come back should you feel the need. I wish you luck on your journey.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2013 7:14:45 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Every time I hit the space bar key I hear a squeak that reminds me of nails on a chalkboard. Really pissing me off.

Something that kept up me late last night was ... when a member goes rogue or AWOL from here ... we don't know what happened to them. It got me wondering ... what if they passed away? Would we know? Would anyone in their family know to let us know? Am I overvaluing the importance of this site? Do we even deserve to know?

the same thing crosses my mind. there are a few people I think we would hear about but not everyone.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post

When someone from here decides to go elsewhere, or just to no longer participate... I take it personally. I question myself ... what could I have done better? Did I fail in keeping the site appealing? Did I fail in keeping the site unique? Did the site go down too many times? Did the site not respond fast enough? Did they get attacked and I overlooked it? Did I not do enough? Shit ... is it because of me??

No one is seeking an apology. Perhaps an understanding, maybe as I'm uninformed to what is going on. Most certainly, no one wants anyone to leave.

the same thing crosses my mind. not just about what could YOU have done better but what could I or others have done better. and can we lure them back.

UserPostedImage

Offline rabidgopher04  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2013 10:23:06 AM(UTC)
rabidgopher04

Applause Given: 112
Applause Received: 126

Peace, vikesrule.
Do you like bacon?
Packerchick on 1/9/2013(UTC)
Offline Packerchick  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2013 11:32:43 AM(UTC)
Packerchick

Applause Given2: 598
Applause Received: 27

so long fella.
I am a woman and I love football.
Offline Wade  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2013 11:59:39 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 644
Applause Received: 657

Kevin and Shawn,
I'm pretty sure Nick's departure has nothing to do with anything either of you said or didn't say, did or didn't do.

What was it he said in one post, "I'm living on borrowed time"? I'm not one of the ones he has shared any of the details with, but that sounded like a man getting ready for a death that is coming sooner rather than later. And that means he has a lot of goodbyes to say. He's simply decided that this is the time for him to say goodbye to us so that he can spend time with family, etc.

I don't know what I'd do if I faced that kind of situation. I'd like to think I'd handle my own goodbyes as well and compassionately as Nick's final post does IMO. But I probably wouldn't -- I fear I'd probably try to avoid that kind of responsible behavior until the day I die.

I'm honored that he remembered me -- I think he may be the first person other than a family member I've ever had say goodbye to me in this personal way. Come to think of it, he's the only person period.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
thanks Post received 2 applause.
wpr on 1/9/2013(UTC), flep on 1/9/2013(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2013 12:14:02 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Kevin and Shawn,
I'm pretty sure Nick's departure has nothing to do with anything either of you said or didn't say, did or didn't do.

What was it he said in one post, "I'm living on borrowed time"? I'm not one of the ones he has shared any of the details with, but that sounded like a man getting ready for a death that is coming sooner rather than later. And that means he has a lot of goodbyes to say. He's simply decided that this is the time for him to say goodbye to us so that he can spend time with family, etc.

I don't know what I'd do if I faced that kind of situation. I'd like to think I'd handle my own goodbyes as well and compassionately as Nick's final post does IMO. But I probably wouldn't -- I fear I'd probably try to avoid that kind of responsible behavior until the day I die.

I'm honored that he remembered me -- I think he may be the first person other than a family member I've ever had say goodbye to me in this personal way. Come to think of it, he's the only person period.

well said. I saw that post yesterday and was thinking the same thing. I could not decide if I should bring it over here or leave it alone. I think you did it best by simply referring to the appropriate phrase. Wish we/I could do more for him.

UserPostedImage

Rss Feed