Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
8 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 12:12:16 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,954
Applause Received: 2,186

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
In that case, we would have lost to all 3 of our playoff opponents earlier in the regular season, not sure if like.

Packers lost to Falcons during the regular season in 2010 and squeaked out a win in the Divisional playoff game against them.
UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 12:20:29 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 206
Applause Received: 285

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Packers lost to Falcons during the regular season in 2010 and squeaked out a win in the Divisional playoff game against them.

48-21 domination of them. One of my fondest playoff memories ever.
call me Dan
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DakotaT on 1/8/2013(UTC)
Offline warhawk  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 1:40:13 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 221

I understand it's good press and people love hearing about young athletic QB's that have all kinds of talent but the reality of it is they don't go to or win SB's. They just don't.

When it gets down to the real deal it's the Brees',Rothlisbergers', Brady's, Mannings', Rodgers' traditional pocket guys with ice in their vains that goes and wins the big show.

I watch ESPN and hear all this about Kaepinick who has yet to play or win a playoff game and yes they brush over the player Rodgers is but his playoff numbers are completely insane.

I hope Arod is doing a slow burn leading up to Saturday and he makes guys like Cosell eat his words. So he holds to ball to long sometimes. He also makes plays only guys like Big Ben can make and last I noticed he wears a lot of glitter on those fingers.

Along with a lot of other QB's that have no idea what running a 4.5 forty feels like.

"The train is leaving the station."
DakotaT on 1/8/2013(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 2:24:33 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,360

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
48-21 domination of them. One of my fondest playoff memories ever.

I still have that game on my DVR. That's the best I've ever seen the Rodger's led Packers ever play.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20 on 1/8/2013(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 2:29:50 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: warhawk Go to Quoted Post
I understand it's good press and people love hearing about young athletic QB's that have all kinds of talent but the reality of it is they don't go to or win SB's. They just don't.

When it gets down to the real deal it's the Brees',Rothlisbergers', Brady's, Mannings', Rodgers' traditional pocket guys with ice in their vains that goes and wins the big show.

I watch ESPN and hear all this about Kaepinick who has yet to play or win a playoff game and yes they brush over the player Rodgers is but his playoff numbers are completely insane.

I hope Arod is doing a slow burn leading up to Saturday and he makes guys like Cosell eat his words. So he holds to ball to long sometimes. He also makes plays only guys like Big Ben can make and last I noticed he wears a lot of glitter on those fingers.

Along with a lot of other QB's that have no idea what running a 4.5 forty feels like.

Yeah, I don't get the fascination with running quarterbacks either. Not one of them has ever one a Super Bowl or even sniffed one.

The sacks Rodgers takes is out of necessity for the amount of throwing he does. That sack is certainly better than all the picks that Favre threw. I'd rather lose 7 yards than a turnover. We couldn't have asked for a better quarterback than Rodgers, and there isn't a team in the league that wouldn't give their left nut for him.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 4:25:00 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,030
Applause Received: 1,467

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
That checkdown to Dujaun Harris has been a thing of beauty. I'm not so worried about their Defense with a one armed Justin Smith, cause Aldon Smith is a one trick pony without him. Their defense as a whole is hard hitting, so our boys just have to man up. I really don't think we are as soft as we were in game 1, so anybody thinking San Francisco is going to man handle us again is in for a rude awakening.

absolutely. I was glad to get his nervous bobble out of the way this past week. I don't think he will do that again.

Originally Posted by: warhawk Go to Quoted Post
Just some general observations.

When it's 2nd round playoff time teams are usually pretty even. Look to the better QB to be the difference.

The 49'r pass rush is always sited yet the Packers have 9 more sacks and that was with CM3 out a month.

The lack of a balanced offense is often sited as a shortcoming for the Packers yet they are one of only four teams that average over 250 ypg passing and 100 ypg rushing. Two of the other three are NE and Denver. The tops seeds over in the AFC.

Finally, the Packers have now seen what the 49r's will do defensively over and over and you can see how McCarthy has adapted with Harris and the offense. The offense is now comfortable with what they have to do to be more effective when the defense has taken away the big play opportunites.

That and the fact we had four or five players in their first pro game in there defensively at any one time that first go around and what was Bush doing in there anyhow?. They are much more ready for this now.

nice summary. talking heads tend to grind on and regurgitate the same old stories without looking at the facts and see what has changed.

UserPostedImage

Offline Pack93z  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 5:04:21 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 397
Applause Received: 1,075

Yeah, I don't get the fascination with running quarterbacks either. Not one of them has ever one a Super Bowl or even sniffed one.

I can think of two:

Fran Tarkenton
Steve Young
Edit... Three.. Randall Cunningham.. he just happened to play with the choking Vikes.

But I agree with the premise.. just pointing out the generalization is invalid.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 5:16:04 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
I can think of two:

Fran Tarkenton
Steve Young
Edit... Three.. Randall Cunningham.. he just happened to play with the choking Vikes.

But I agree with the premise.. just pointing out the generalization is invalid.

Didn't Steve Young benefit from a loaded defense just as responsible for the championship as he was?

As for Tarkenton and Cunningham, you're kidding right?
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 5:22:17 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 397
Applause Received: 1,075

As for Tarkenton and Cunningham, you're kidding right?

They didn't win one... but they definitely were sniffing.

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2013 10:05:31 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 206
Applause Received: 285

I still have that game on my DVR. That's the best I've ever seen the Rodger's led Packers ever play.

I will absolutely agree with this. Pretty sure I have it on my hdd as well.
call me Dan
Offline Dulak  
#41 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2013 2:35:51 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 154
Applause Received: 100

The sacks Rodgers takes is out of necessity for the amount of throwing he does. That sack is certainly better than all the picks that Favre threw. I'd rather lose 7 yards than a turnover. We couldn't have asked for a better quarterback than Rodgers, and there isn't a team in the league that wouldn't give their left nut for him.

ya - watched that seattle/wash game last nite and I saw was - 2 decent defenses vs 2 ok QBS but great runners ... sadly rg3 got injured - was a cool game if you guys didnt watch it. The 1st quarter is looked like a blowout was about to happen.

as far as the pack vs the niners - if justin smith is injured and davis and manningham are out injured (btw how is davis?) - I dont think they will do that well vs us. The niners havnt looked that good of late.

Im not convinced on duan harris (spelling) - but it appears that's all we got. btw if the pack and seattle win do we play at home? or do we have to go to that ugly seattle field?

IMO I think this game will be be quite the lopside 34-10 pack.

Offline VinceLambeauStarr  
#42 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2013 6:20:26 AM(UTC)
VinceLambeauStarr

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 24

Hello all!

It's been a while, my apologies.

The first quarter and a half will shape the game I feel. Yes, both teams are capable of making on the fly adjustments but I feel, by about 20 minutes of on-field play, we will have a good feel of how successful we are to be in beating/stopping them.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool is my captain.
Offline wpr  
#43 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2013 6:26:37 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,030
Applause Received: 1,467

Originally Posted by: Dulak Go to Quoted Post
ya - watched that seattle/wash game last nite and I saw was - 2 decent defenses vs 2 ok QBS but great runners ... sadly rg3 got injured - was a cool game if you guys didnt watch it. The 1st quarter is looked like a blowout was about to happen.

as far as the pack vs the niners - if justin smith is injured and davis and manningham are out injured (btw how is davis?) - I dont think they will do that well vs us. The niners havnt looked that good of late.

Im not convinced on duan harris (spelling) - but it appears that's all we got. btw if the pack and seattle win do we play at home? or do we have to go to that ugly seattle field?

IMO I think this game will be be quite the lopside 34-10 pack.

If it is Seattle and GB, it will be a home game.

welcome back VLS.

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#44 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2013 6:27:33 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,954
Applause Received: 2,186

Originally Posted by: VinceLambeauStarr Go to Quoted Post
Hello all!

It's been a while, my apologies.

The first quarter and a half will shape the game I feel. Yes, both teams are capable of making on the fly adjustments but I feel, by about 20 minutes of on-field play, we will have a good feel of how successful we are to be in beating/stopping them.

Originally Posted by: VinceLambeauStarr Go to Quoted Post
You know what, you fucking pissant :D

If I find a great design by somebody (I think Shawn will deliver it in some style) I WILL get the Packers Home Logo (minus the gay Est.)

That, I promise you.

UserPostedImage
Yerko on 1/9/2013(UTC)
Offline VinceLambeauStarr  
#45 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2013 7:03:24 AM(UTC)
VinceLambeauStarr

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 24

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post

LOL!

Did I get a good design, you little pissant bastard? Wanna Box?

Love you really.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool is my captain.
Rss Feed