Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
8 Pages«<23456>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline doddpower  
#46 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2013 8:30:08 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,175
Applause Received: 550

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
Twitter lead me to this article on a 49ers blog:

- greg cosell

Sure seems to be exactly what we have been discussing all season, here. Week 1 vs the niners was a perfect example of exactly what he is talking about. Watching film of that game rodgers took sacks instead of throwing it into the holes left by blitzing linebackers, missed out on at least 1 easy touchdown because of it. Let's hope it doesn't cost us the game this time.

edit: I hate the fact that this post is negative and I wasn't able to save it. Someone help me.

edit2: I'll turn it positive by stealing someone else's tweet:

Eh, of course Rodgers can play better. During his post game interview after the Vikings game, the main thing he discussed was how the offense needs to play better, but thankfully the defense was playing at a championship level. Rodgers has never been one to deny he and the rest of the offense could be playing better. Thankfully, even when they're not hitting on all cylinders, they are still very dangerous and are often still favorites to win most games.

A large reason for some of Rodgers 'struggles' have to go back to the offensive line (after Rodgers, of course). After so much instant/quick pressure and dozens of sacks, it's tough to feel confident in the pocket and see the entire field, even if the protection is good on any given play. I know they have played well at times, but how comfortable could Rodgers really be with Newhouse and Barclay protecting the edges? I think most QBs would be shaky in the pocket and likely too quick to escape behind those tackles, imo. Hopefully they play well on Saturday, and even more important, the game plan helps them throughout.

Offline Yerko  
#47 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2013 12:40:46 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 164
Applause Received: 269

This game is just the type of game you want for Rodgers and Co. We all know Rodgers thrives off these kinds of games and that is when he does the best work. When Rodgers is unstoppable, the entire offense is unstoppable. 49ers made the Packers look foolish and I'll be damned if Rodgers let's that happen again.

His quote before the Vikings game during the "The Aaron Rodgers Show" with Wilde is one of the best (also said again to Bob Costas), "I really believe that you earn your paycheck during the season," Rodgers told Costas. "[You] play at a high level and get your team to the playoffs. And then the postseason is all about creating your legacy. The great quarterbacks are remembered for their playoff successes and triumphs and Super Bowl championships and Super Bowl MVPs. We've got one here, and we want to add to that." (Link for Quote)

A lot has changed for both of these teams over the past 18 weeks. Both teams have gone through their injury bugs and for the most part, everyone is back for both teams. While it is a rematch of week 1, it will clearly not be the same game.

Defense:
Packers defense is playing well right now and all of the defensive rookies have played a big chunk of the season. The 49ers offense is meeting a defense that has gelled really well together, as opposed to week 1. Clear weakness is against the run, but the Packers have shown they can put a "stop" to AP.

Offense:
With the new running game, this should open up a lot more for the Packers. The Packers should really work the short game to keep the 49ers defense honest and when they aren't paying attention, hit them deep. I think the Packers offense betters the 49ers defense this time around but it still will not be easy.

Packers-28
49ers- 24
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
yooperfan on 1/9/2013(UTC), Gaycandybacon on 1/11/2013(UTC)
Offline warhawk  
#48 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2013 2:26:01 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 230

I am going to call handing the #2 seed back to San Francisco a wash in this case as crazy as that may sound.
Had GB won that last regular season game against the Vikes several different scenarios would have occured.
First, the Bears would have went to the 49r's instead of the Packers playing the Vikes and here's how I see that scenario being better for the 49'rs. The Bears went to San Francisco earlier and got their butts drilled.
This scenario would have given Kaepinick (assuming they repeated the butt whipping) playoff experience and confidence going into the game against us. Now, San Fran has a QB going into a huge game against a better team then the Bears with 0 playoff snaps under his belt.
While it would have been great to sit home last week and watch for the Packers I think the 49'rs would have been better served getting their QB some playoff experience before going against us. Just my thoughts but in terms of the QB being ready for a big time playoff setting we are waaaay out in front there.
"The train is leaving the station."
thanks Post received 3 applause.
gbguy20 on 1/9/2013(UTC), Yerko on 1/9/2013(UTC), yooperfan on 1/9/2013(UTC)
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#49 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 1:51:34 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Wide receivers all return to practice on Thurs.

That's great news that we may be at full force for a second week! Angel

http://blog.packers.com/2013/01...rn-to-practice-on-thurs/
Quote:
All three Packers WRs who missed practice on Wednesday were back on the field Thursday during the portion of the workout open to the media.

Jordy Nelson (ankle), Randall Cobb (illness) and Jarrett Boykin (ankle) all returned to practice for the final day of preparations for Saturday night’s NFC Divisional Playoff game in San Francisco.

Also, rookie S Jerron McMillian (personal issue) was back on the practice field Thursday as well.

Mike McCarthy will address the media one final time this week following practice.

Post-practice update: Boykin actually is listed as “did not participate,” even though he was dressed and had his helmet with him at practice. McCarthy said he would not be ready this week.

Cobb and Nelson were both listed as limited, and it’s expected both will be available to play. McCarthy said Cobb is still under the weather a bit but he should be fine. Nelson ran several deep routes and “looked pretty good,” McCarthy said.

“We’ll be good to go come Saturday,” Nelson said. “Guys are ready to go.”

Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#50 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 3:14:58 PM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE

United States

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 110

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
Wide receivers all return to practice on Thurs.

That's great news that we may be at full force for a second week! Angel

http://blog.packers.com/2013/01...rn-to-practice-on-thurs/

Boykin got hurt in the playoff game correct? If so does that leave an open slot for driver?

Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#51 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 3:54:58 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 382
Applause Received: 475

Originally Posted by: SINCITYCHEEZE Go to Quoted Post
Boykin got hurt in the playoff game correct? If so does that leave an open slot for driver?

I don't really see DD being active if Cobb,Jennings,Jordy, and JJ are all ready to go.

Ross will be active to return kicks and play on punt and KO teams.

Just like last week, that spot will go to a backup TE or LB for special teams participation.

Have the 49r's decided on a K yet?

IMHO Packers special teams must come up big Saturday, even if it's only giving The Offense a short field to work with a time or two, and on the other side hoping The red-head bomber can keep The 49r's pinned back deep in their own territory.

"Win turnover battle, win Field position,win time of possesion."

The same old formula that has worked for years.

I'm liking what I have been hearing from all the "talking heads" this week, have hardly heard The Packers mentioned, all the talk is about Seattle and 49r's facing off to go to SB.

Just how Packers like it, especially Aaron Rodgers, give him no respect and he will make you look stupid!!!

Packers 38 49rs 27

GO! PACK! GO!

Edit: After thinking a minute, it might not be that close,.
Don't care how good Colin Kaepernick has looked, he is still arookie qb, Woody eats rookie qb's for lunch, Dom will have some surprises for him, Packers shut down the run game and force Kaepernick to throw the ball it could get ugly.

Message modified by user Thursday, January 10, 2013 4:10:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline Zero2Cool  
#52 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 4:16:29 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,990
Applause Received: 2,285

Charles Woodson didn't eat up Rookie QB Russell Wilson who's of similar skill-set as Colin Kaepernick.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#53 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 4:22:14 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

That was week 3, replacement refs, not a real game. IMHO
(All it did was cost us a 1st rnd bye)

This is the playoffs
OK
History has shown Woody has eaten rookie qb's for lunch.
That better?
Offline Zero2Cool  
#54 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 5:13:23 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
That was week 3, replacement refs, not a real game. IMHO
(All it did was cost us a 1st rnd bye)

This is the playoffs
OK
History has shown Woody has eaten rookie qb's for lunch.
That better?

What history do you speak of? I've heard this before and have yet to see the supporting evidence.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#55 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 5:50:05 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

2010 Week 1 Opponent, Eagles. Their kicker, David Akers.
2010 Packers played Eagles in the post season. Akers (going through a terrible personal issue) misses kicks from 34 and 41 yards, while only making a 29 yarder.

2012 Week Opponent, 49ers. Their kicker, David Akers.
2012 Packers play 49ers in the post season. Hopefully Akers shanks some kicks!

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#56 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 6:53:25 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,238
Applause Received: 1,557

Quote:
David Akers is keeping his job as San Francisco's starting kicker. For now, anyway.

Jim Harbaugh made the announcement after practice Thursday, two days ahead of the 49ers' NFC divisional playoff game against the Green Bay Packers (12-5) at Candlestick Park.

link
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#57 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 7:13:56 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
What history do you speak of? I've heard this before and have yet to see the supporting evidence.

Just off the top of my head I rmember him intercepting ponder twice in his debut with Minny last year.

i know that wasn't the only rookie he has intercepted in his career, I'll look back and get back with you.
Offline gbguy20  
#58 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 10:24:28 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 210
Applause Received: 285

Pretty sure he intercepted cam newton but i am not here to support your argument on this topic lol
call me Dan
Offline Toddy  
#59 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 2:39:39 AM(UTC)
Toddy

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 9

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post

Woodson has faced 9 rookie QBs during his time with the Packers. Against rookies, Woodson has 8 interceptions and 1 TD.

http://www.jsonline.com/...g-ut74jp7-172917121.html

Not sure if that necessarily shows he eats up rookie QBs, but he does have a decent record against them. He certainly terrorized Stafford, Newton and Ponder, picked each of them off twice.
UserPostedImage
Offline Tezzy  
#60 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 2:42:44 PM(UTC)
Tezzy

United States

Applause Given: 30
Applause Received: 88

Random thoughts watching the Week 1 game.

1. Way too much Bush on the field in that game.

2. There is a nice bubble in the Niners defense where Harris can fit like he did against the Vikings. Four receptions in the short middle for Harris last week.

3. Gore hasn't had a 100 yard game since week 7. It is the Kaepernick show now and I like our chances against him.
On top of every beard grows a man.
Rss Feed