Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2013 5:46:20 PM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 3,481
Applause Received: 1,741
GermanGilbert said: Go to Quoted Post
That one made me grin, it's just a stereotypical thing. Men enter stores because they want to buy something, women enter stores, because they pass them and identify them as stores, just to have a look of course [grin1]

Thus, for a man it doesn't make any difference if the store is in the basement or not, a man will walk in, buy something because he's there to buy that specific item, and leave. So moving to the basement will cost the Packers Pro Shop just the girls' money the most.

I usually don't buy my gear at the Pro Shop anyway. The Jersey Store next to Stadium View and the BigK Mart next to Lambeau have nice things as well, just for a much cheaper price.

WE have to stop by the Jersey Store before heading to the stadium.
Offline PWT36  
#12 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 8:04:18 AM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 7
Applause Received: 41
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
I understand the need for more space but why would they want to put the Pro Shop in the basement if it is such a huge money maker? Having more space is one thing but location is the key. Right now is is located between two gates. On gameday people come in and walk right past the store. It they have to go look for an elevator and wait or worse yet have to walk down a flight of stairs I can see them deciding not to go to the store.

wpr

You have misconception of the use of basement under the Atrium for new location of Packer Pro Shop.

"The Packers will remove ground between Robert E Harlan Plaza and Lombardi Ave uncovering what is now the basement of Atrium, and move the Pro Shop to the new ground level. The Packers Hall of Fame will move to second floor of the Atrium, where Curly's Pub is now located.

Curly's will move to the main floor of Atrium, where the pro Shop is located.

The Pro Shop, a major income source for the Packers, will be visible from Lombardi Ave along the length of, but under, Harlan Plaza and the Miller Lite Gate.

* Source Green Bay Press_Gazette January 9, 2013- Article entitled "Packers to Dig Deep in Atrium Upgrade" by PG reporter Richard Ryman.

wpr

Since the outdoor entrance to new pro Shop location is at ground level , there will be no need for Stairway nor Elevator.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 1/11/2013(UTC)
Offline yooperfan  
#13 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 10:17:28 AM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 1,336
Applause Received: 553
Thanks for that explanation PWT.
Sounds like a great move.
Offline wpr  
#14 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 11:43:25 AM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 3,481
Applause Received: 1,741
thanks for the clarification. makes sense.
Offline CaliforniaCheez  
#15 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 5:40:09 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 146
Sometimes you guess incorrectly on building designs.

i think that after this many years the Packers understand how to better serve their fans and know what the pedestrian traffic patterns.

Remember everything you buy at the Pro shop is local money and all the "profits" are kept by the Packers. If you purchase Packers' gear anywhere else, the Packers get only 1/32 of the NFL portion of the sale because all teams share merchandising equally. So if you buy something from a store or NFL.com, even though it is Packers' gear, the Packers and vikling slimeballs make just as much money off you.
Offline PWT36  
#16 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 8:04:49 AM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 7
Applause Received: 41
CaliforniaCheez said: Go to Quoted Post
Sometimes you guess incorrectly on building designs.

I think that after this many years the Packers understand how to better serve their fans and know what the pedestrian traffic patterns.

Remember everything you buy at the Pro shop is local money and all the "profits" are kept by the Packers. If you purchase Packers' gear anywhere else, the Packers get only 1/32 of the NFL portion of the sale because all teams share merchandising equally. So if you buy something from a store or NFL.com, even though it is Packers' gear, the Packers and vikling slimeballs make just as much money off you.
"

I have had conversations with many Packer fans who are in Green Bay to attend Packer OTAs, mini camps and Training camp practices at Ray Nitschke Field. These Packer fans are from all over the USA and Canada. I try to attend many the Packer practices ,which are open to the public.

One thing most Packer Fans tell me is they are on a vacation here in Green Bay to see the Packer practice. Many fans are carrying Packer Pro Shop Shopping bags with Items bought at Packer Pro Shop.

Some fans say they have money set aside in their Vacation budget to be use for shopping at the Packer Pro Shop. They have told me that they know items at Packer Pro Shop are rather expensive, but are of high quality.

These Packer fans also say they feel it is worth spending the money at Packer pro Shop, because they are helping the Packers increase their local unshared revenue. Thus keep Packers competitive with larger NFL market teams revenue.

These Packer fans are amazing .. Every year the "railbirds' comeback to Green Bay to see the Packer training camp practices. Ray Nitschke Field is just packed to capacity for every session.

It is estimate upwards of over 100,000 fans come to Green Bay in Late July and August to see the Packer training camp practices.

Also the Packer Stock holders also come to Green Bay in late July for the annual Packer Stockolders meeting. This meeting is held just before Packer Training camp starts. Many stockholders stay to watch the Packers training camp practices after the Stockholders meeting ends.

Packer stockholders also shop at Packer Pro Shop. There is special line of Packer merchandise for Packer Shareholders to purchase.
Rss Feed