Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline K_Buz  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 6:29:31 AM(UTC)
K_Buz

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/17/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2
Applause Received: 26

I'm over the loss for the most part, we got destroyed...plain and simple. However, one thing buried in that loss has me questioning WTF?

We are down 21 points, under 5 minutes to go in the 4th quarter,and have the ball where is Donald Driver?

Double D should have been in the game finishing out his Packer career with class. Did I miss him out there? I don't think so. How awesome would that have been if DD would have caught that last TD pass?
Offline wpr  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 7:45:57 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,149
Applause Received: 1,519

meh. he is gone. it matters not. he has his record and career to keep him warm at night.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline K_Buz  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 7:55:58 AM(UTC)
K_Buz

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/17/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2
Applause Received: 26

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
meh. he is gone. it matters not. he has his record and career to keep him warm at night.


Really, the Raven's seemed to send their long time star off in classy style.
Offline musccy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 7:57:15 AM(UTC)
musccy

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 5/7/2009(UTC)
Location: Pennsylvania

Applause Given: 251
Applause Received: 234

I get the sentiment, but this is the big boys' table. DD has made millions off the team and endorsements, it's not as if he's a victim. You could make a counter argument that if you replaced someone lower on the depth chart when the game was still "technically" not over that the packers didn't care about winning.

Furthermore, what would a forced TD in garbage time in one of the Packers more humiliating playoff losses in franchise history have really meant?
Offline wpr  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 7:59:38 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,149
Applause Received: 1,519

Originally Posted by: K_Buz Go to Quoted Post
Really, the Raven's seemed to send their long time star off in classy style.


yep.
Lewis is also a lot more productive at this stage of his career than Driver. A team leading 17 tackles 10 of them solos. He belongs out on the field. DD is 5th option at best. 8th if you include TE and RBs.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline K_Buz  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 8:05:26 AM(UTC)
K_Buz

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/17/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2
Applause Received: 26

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
yep.
Lewis is also a lot more productive at this stage of his career than Driver. A team leading 17 tackles 10 of them solos. He belongs out on the field. DD is 5th option at best. 8th if you include TE and RBs.


They had him in an offense. The Ravens appreciated that the Lewis should get a hero's farewell. I get the fact that they were at home, but I don't think that makes a real difference. DD should have been on the field on that last TD drive. JMO
Offline musccy  
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 8:12:26 AM(UTC)
musccy

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 5/7/2009(UTC)
Location: Pennsylvania

Applause Given: 251
Applause Received: 234

Originally Posted by: K_Buz Go to Quoted Post
They had him in an offense. The Ravens appreciated that the Lewis should get a hero's farewell. I get the fact that they were at home, but I don't think that makes a real difference. DD should have been on the field on that last TD drive. JMO


You earn the hero's exit that you want on the field. If you haven't earned it there, then save the charity for end-of-year banquets or induction to the Packers' hall of fame.
Offline steveishere  
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 2:07:42 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

Originally Posted by: K_Buz Go to Quoted Post
They had him in an offense. The Ravens appreciated that the Lewis should get a hero's farewell. I get the fact that they were at home, but I don't think that makes a real difference. DD should have been on the field on that last TD drive. JMO


When Ray Lewis is on the field he kicks peoples asses. When DD is on the field he wastes snaps. That's the difference.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 1/13/2013(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 3:22:03 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 666
Applause Received: 1,373

Both players are a liability on the field being two steps slow. This is the NFL not UNISEF.
UserPostedImage
Offline GreenBlood  
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 7:39:24 PM(UTC)
GreenBlood

Rank: Fresh Cheesehead

Joined: 8/17/2008(UTC)


Originally Posted by: K_Buz Go to Quoted Post
I'm over the loss for the most part, we got destroyed...plain and simple. However, one thing buried in that loss has me questioning WTF?

We are down 21 points, under 5 minutes to go in the 4th quarter,and have the ball where is Donald Driver?

Double D should have been in the game finishing out his Packer career with class. Did I miss him out there? I don't think so. How awesome would that have been if DD would have caught that last TD pass?


I get the sentiment, but has DD actually said he plans to retire? I don't think he has. That said, we all know it was likely his last game as a Packer. But I would not be upset if he wanted to continue playing a couple more years in someplace like Buffalo or another team that is thin at WR. Just not an NFCN team.
blank
Offline Yerko  
#11 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 12:36:50 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 10/15/2008(UTC)
Location: Chicago, IL

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 261

No offense, I understand the sentiment most fans have for Donald but comparing this with what the Ravens are doing with Ray Lewis is like comparing apples and oranges...

Putting him on the field during garbage time probably would have been more insulting than what they actually did anyways. Nobodies get put on the field during garbage time...
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#12 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 12:40:55 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,149
Applause Received: 1,519

Originally Posted by: Yerko Go to Quoted Post
No offense, I understand the sentiment most fans have for Donald but comparing this with what the Ravens are doing with Ray Lewis is like comparing apples and oranges...

Putting him on the field during garbage time probably would have been more insulting than what they actually did anyways. Nobodies get put on the field during garbage time...


you mean no bodies like Aaron Rodgers and Jennings? Big Grin
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline DakotaT  
#13 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 12:50:44 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 666
Applause Received: 1,373

Originally Posted by: Yerko Go to Quoted Post
No offense, I understand the sentiment most fans have for Donald but comparing this with what the Ravens are doing with Ray Lewis is like comparing apples and oranges...



A type of argument that is quite popular with many of the posters in this forum. It is closely related to slight of hand arguing.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#14 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 4:29:08 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 200
Applause Received: 435

Had it been a home game, i would have said put him in. But who in San Francisco would have cared?
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#15 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 5:17:05 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 352
Applause Received: 457

Originally Posted by: K_Buz Go to Quoted Post
I'm over the loss for the most part, we got destroyed...plain and simple. However, one thing buried in that loss has me questioning WTF?

We are down 21 points, under 5 minutes to go in the 4th quarter,and have the ball where is Donald Driver?

Double D should have been in the game finishing out his Packer career with class. Did I miss him out there? I don't think so. How awesome would that have been if DD would have caught that last TD pass?


What are you thinking K-Buz?????

These guys aren't people, they are commodities!

There's no room in football for sentiment anymore!!!

THIS IS A FUCKING BUSINESS!!!

To hell With Driver!!! His ass needs to go.

Sarcasm

One thing that I find curious is how quick he was activated once he volunteered to play on special teams.

The coaches didn't want to ask him, thought it wouldn't be right to ask a Vet like DD to play Sp. teams, so he volunteered, and amazingly after a short week of practice he showed he could contribute and he was activated instead of ????? whoever.

hmmmmm....just wondering about next year, DD shows up and just like a rookie or street FA, contends for a roster spot as a menmber of the Sp teams unit.

Now it comes down to final cuts, and the coaches have to decide who to keep, a Rookie FA, or a 16 yr Vet who could, if needed , step right into the starting lineup at any point of the game.

I know what my decision would be.

Down deep, I know DD is probably done in Green Bay, but just keep asking myself, what difference it would have made if The Packers didn't make the decision to put Ross in to return punts instead of Cobb?

There's a reason a very few rookies make a splash in The NFL, it's called inexperience!!!

Time to move on, wait till next year, and see what happens, if DD returns it will be fun reading some of the posts as our online GM's go beserk week after week.

Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline DakotaT  
#16 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 5:30:26 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 666
Applause Received: 1,373

Who goes beserk besides you Buckeye? Bring up Favre in a negative way and watch you go off! You defend him like he's your brother.

Driver is done in GB because he can't run the routes fast enough anymore and he drops the ball too much. Jennings is done because he will be going to the highest bidder, unless we are willing to tag him for a year. GB will not pay his ransom, because although he is a productive player, a number 1 wideout like Fitzgerald, Jennings is not.

Woodson is probably done because he isn't worth his cap number anymore and without a major restructure, it is fiscally irresponsible to bring him back. Oh did I mention he is getting slower by the day. Savvy only cuts it so long.

Which brings us to your boy Hawk, Buckeye; he's way overpaid but he's like the cat with nine lives. His competition keeps getting hurt so we have to keep him. It's not like he's earning his paycheck or position with his play. We were seriously week in the middle this season.

UserPostedImage
Online Zero2Cool  
#17 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 5:36:08 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,224

Donald Driver
13 Targets
8 Receptions
3 Drops
11 Catchable
27.27% Drop Rate


When Jermichael Finley was at 14% ... quite a few of you folks were demanding he be cut. Interesting.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#18 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 5:50:14 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 352
Applause Received: 457

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Who goes beserk besides you Buckeye? Bring up Favre in a negative way and watch you go off! You defend him like he's your brother.

Driver is done in GB because he can't run the routes fast enough anymore and he drops the ball too much. Jennings is done because he will be going to the highest bidder, unless we are willing to tag him for a year. GB will not pay his ransom, because although he is a productive player, a number 1 wideout like Fitzgerald, Jennings is not.

Woodson is probably done because he isn't worth his cap number anymore and without a major restructure, it is fiscally irresponsible to bring him back. Oh did I mention he is getting slower by the day. Savvy only cuts it so long.

Which brings us to your boy Hawk, Buckeye; he's way overpaid but he's like the cat with nine lives. His competition keeps getting hurt so we have to keep him. It's not like he's earning his paycheck or position with his play. We were seriously week in the middle this season.



Favre??? who's that, haven't mentioned him in years, did I strike a nerve??? LOL LOL

Hey I've been saying for 3 years now I wish The Packers would let Hawk go so he could play for a team where the fans appreciated what he brings to the field.

Never understood when you say "we", how many games did you dress for this year?
LOL

PLEASE TED MAKE THIS OFF-SEASON BE THE ONE WHERE YOU GET RID OF ALL THE DEAD WEIGHT YOU HAVE BROUGHT TO THIS TEAM!!!

Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline wpr  
#19 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 6:28:23 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,149
Applause Received: 1,519

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
What are you thinking K-Buz?????

These guys aren't people, they are commodities!

There's no room in football for sentiment anymore!!!

THIS IS A FUCKING BUSINESS!!!

To hell With Driver!!! His ass needs to go.

Sarcasm

One thing that I find curious is how quick he was activated once he volunteered to play on special teams.

The coaches didn't want to ask him, thought it wouldn't be right to ask a Vet like DD to play Sp. teams, so he volunteered, and amazingly after a short week of practice he showed he could contribute and he was activated instead of ????? whoever.

hmmmmm....just wondering about next year, DD shows up and just like a rookie or street FA, contends for a roster spot as a menmber of the Sp teams unit.

Now it comes down to final cuts, and the coaches have to decide who to keep, a Rookie FA, or a 16 yr Vet who could, if needed , step right into the starting lineup at any point of the game.

I know what my decision would be.

Down deep, I know DD is probably done in Green Bay, but just keep asking myself, what difference it would have made if The Packers didn't make the decision to put Ross in to return punts instead of Cobb?

There's a reason a very few rookies make a splash in The NFL, it's called inexperience!!!

Time to move on, wait till next year, and see what happens, if DD returns it will be fun reading some of the posts as our online GM's go beserk week after week.



They may well have activated him but since Boykin was injured they almost certainly would have activated him whether or not he asked to play on ST.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#20 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 6:51:57 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 352
Applause Received: 457

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
They may well have activated him but since Boykin was injured they almost certainly would have activated him whether or not he asked to play on ST.


I may be wrong, but am pretty sure Boykin was out for The last Minny game and DD was still inactive, it was him going to the coaches and volunteering to work special teams that got him active for The 49r game.

Just a point which, wpr, has nothing to do with this post, or anything you have posted,but I'm going to include it here because I don't want to create another post.

I have never said DD hasn't lost a step.
I have never said DD should have been starting.

I do understand if DD does not play for The Packers next year.

I also think that there will be a spot for him next year if conditions are right, and he will contribute, if he makes the team.

I've tried to make this point a couple times, but always get shouted down, and called names.

If Greg Jennings doesn't come back, if Jermicheal Finley is cut, all of a sudden The Packers are down to Jones,Nelson and Cobb with experience, and Boykin and Ross with next to no experience.
This happens, injuries occur, the only point I have said is DD would be a nice option to have.

Let me put it this way Donald Driver has about as much of a chance to play next year as Ryan Grant had to be resigned this year.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline DakotaT  
#21 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 7:11:36 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 666
Applause Received: 1,373

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
Favre??? who's that, haven't mentioned him in years, did I strike a nerve??? LOL LOL

Hey I've been saying for 3 years now I wish The Packers would let Hawk go so he could play for a team where the fans appreciated what he brings to the field.

Never understood when you say "we", how many games did you dress for this year?
LOL

PLEASE TED MAKE THIS OFF-SEASON BE THE ONE WHERE YOU GET RID OF ALL THE DEAD WEIGHT YOU HAVE BROUGHT TO THIS TEAM!!!



No nerve struck at all.

Yeah, Hawk can be three yards behind the tight end on all the other teams too.

Well being an owner an all...

I think you have a problem with your own mortality Buckeye, otherwise you wouldn't mind so much when an aging player is put out to pasture.
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#22 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 7:14:01 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 666
Applause Received: 1,373

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Donald Driver
13 Targets
8 Receptions
3 Drops
11 Catchable
27.27% Drop Rate


When Jermichael Finley was at 14% ... quite a few of you folks were demanding he be cut. Interesting.


My problem is the 1.whatever million the Packers paid for that pedestrian production. I'm quite certain one of the young guys cut could have handled that action just fine.
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#23 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 7:23:42 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 352
Applause Received: 457

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
No nerve struck at all.

Yeah, Hawk can be three yards behind the tight end on all the other teams too.

Well being an owner an all...

I think you have a problem with your own mortality Buckeye, otherwise you wouldn't mind so much when an aging player is put out to pasture.


You're right, BECAUSE YOU ARE NECVER WRONG!!

That is why I have just decided, that because of you, it's time for me to move on.

Obviously any view that you disagree with IS THE WRONG view, and should not be posted.

Zero, great site, you have worked your ass off keeping it going, I've just realized that there is no room for someone like me with the opinions I have.

Thanks for all the gameday feeds, they were much appreciated at times when I couldn't get them locally.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline wpr  
#24 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 7:36:34 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,149
Applause Received: 1,519

just take a little time off and and come back for the draft. We need all kinds of ideas here. BTW thanks for the heads up when you switched gears in your post. I would have been confused.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Online Zero2Cool  
#25 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 7:37:26 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,224

buckeyepackfan wrote:
Zero, great site, you have worked your ass off keeping it going, I've just realized that there is no room for someone like me with the opinions I have.

Thanks for all the gameday feeds, they were much appreciated at times when I couldn't get them locally.


Various thoughts are what make the site good. If you leave, you consequently make the site less good. Why do that to me and my effort?
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
21m / Green Bay Packers Talk / macbob

29m / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / MintBaconDrivel

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

23-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

23-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Tezzy

23-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann