Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline blueleopard  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 2:23:06 AM(UTC)
blueleopard

Applause Received: 70

I'm surprised if the Packers let him go, especially with him under contract.

Sorry. Just trying to find silver lining here.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Sponsor
Offline wpr  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 7:40:20 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,965
Applause Received: 1,429

Originally Posted by: blueleopard Go to Quoted Post
I'm surprised if the Packers let him go, especially with him under contract.

Sorry. Just trying to find silver lining here.

he did finish the year strong. the issue becomes money vs production. He stays if Uncle Teddy feels the are getting their money's worth.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 8:13:05 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,911
Applause Received: 2,117

He played through a difficult shoulder injury for a good portion of the middle season.
UserPostedImage
Offline rabidgopher04  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 11:54:26 AM(UTC)
rabidgopher04

Applause Given: 113
Applause Received: 127

The issue is whether he played well knowing his future is on the line or if he is finally living up to his talent and will continue even after he signs a new contract.

The jury is still out for me on this one. Seems he played well like this right before his last contract.
Do you like bacon?
Offline play2win  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 12:03:20 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

He sucks and he is a head case. Zero run blocking ability. Adios.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DakotaT on 1/13/2013(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 1:09:03 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 658
Applause Received: 1,347

I don't know if adios is accurate, but Finley has a major flaw and that is run blocking. Proper run blocking involves technique, but more importantly, attitude. I'm not sure Finley isn't just a mental midget when it comes to this attribute. Would like to see an upgrade to James Campen to see if we can't right this wrong up and down the offensive line.
UserPostedImage
Offline steveishere  
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 2:03:21 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 935

I'm not one to pile on Finley and he did finish the year strong but one play that bothered me about the game was when Rodgers ran out of the pocket and pointed for Finley to go block for him Finley cut back and try to make a big hit on a 49ers player that was well behind Rodgers instead of going out in front and blocking a player that mattered. It didn't really have much of an impact on the game but I though that was kind of a lame job by Finley.
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 2:20:16 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
He sucks and he is a head case. Zero run blocking ability. Adios.

Is he even a run blocking TE? No. He's a receiving threat, he usually is never on run plays anyways. Crabtree, Williams, and Taylor is. I say keep him. Sad to say Greg might be gone, but we got a lot of great receiver's on this team. And I have no doubt we could find another one, if need be.
Offline DakotaT  
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 3:15:57 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
Is he even a run blocking TE? No. He's a receiving threat, he usually is never on run plays anyways. Crabtree, Williams, and Taylor is.

So you just telegraph every running play? No, Finley needs to get his hands dirty. He's big enough and there is no reason he can't run block.
UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 3:30:57 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 673
Applause Received: 688

What do you need a run-blocking TE for?

Just pick up another 7th round OT and play him as a TE on the 13 running plays each game.

Sarcasm
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#11 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 3:37:10 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
So you just telegraph every running play? No, Finley needs to get his hands dirty. He's big enough and there is no reason he can't run block.

I'm saying what I've seen. Tbh I haven't watched how much Finley has been in and out of running plays for guys like crabby.

I bet anyone of us could say at times how much this offense is predictable anyways.

I'm pretty sure he get's dirty in there as much as the next guy. but The point is I wouldn't give him away because of his so called run blocking deficiencys. He's a big, middle of the field receiving threat. Despite his criticisms, that's good enough for me.
Offline DakotaT  
#12 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 3:46:31 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
I'm saying what I've seen. Tbh I haven't watched how much Finley has been in and out of running plays for guys like crabby.

I bet anyone of us could say at times how much this offense is predictable anyways.

I'm pretty sure he get's dirty in there as much as the next guy. but The point is I wouldn't give him away because of his so called run blocking deficiencys. He's a big, middle of the field receiving threat. Despite his criticisms, that's good enough for me.

Well I have watch him attempt to run block and it isn't pretty. He eludes contact like he is afraid to take on linebackers that he is just as big or bigger than. Vince would have shaped him up, but unfortunately we don't live in those times anymore. Finley either has TNS or doesn't give a f*ck about run blocking. Take your pick.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Gaycandybacon on 1/13/2013(UTC)
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#13 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 3:48:17 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Well I have watch him attempt to run block and it isn't pretty. He eludes contact like he is afraid to take on linebackers that he is just as big or bigger than. Vince would have shaped him up, but unfortunately we don't live in those times anymore. Finley either has TNS or doesn't give a f*ck about run blocking. Take your pick.

Laughing Now you know why they don't use him as much on run plays huh. Think
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#14 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 11:17:05 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 362

Finley actually is not terrible as a run blocker. No where near great, but not terrible. The thing is, nobody points out when he does get a block, only when he doesn't. Most if his blockign assignments are on the backside of the run. there has been numerous times this year that Crabtree (our best TE blocker) has been blown up yet nobody complains about those.

He is good at chipping the DE/OLB and getting into pattern to catch a ball which is what we are paying him for.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline doddpower  
#15 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 11:41:14 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 1,999
Applause Received: 486

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
Finley actually is not terrible as a run blocker. No where near great, but not terrible. The thing is, nobody points out when he does get a block, only when he doesn't. Most if his blockign assignments are on the backside of the run. there has been numerous times this year that Crabtree (our best TE blocker) has been blown up yet nobody complains about those.

He is good at chipping the DE/OLB and getting into pattern to catch a ball which is what we are paying him for.

Well, I'm still surprised Crabtree has a place on the roster. Yeah, he's made a couple plays and he is supposed to be a good blocker, but as you have said, I've seen him blown up multiple times, as well. It seems like his roster spot could be better used, but that's just my opinion (obviously). If Quarless is actually able to return next season along with Finley, and especially if the Packers draft another TE, I can't see Crabtree sticking around. Hopefully not, anyway.