Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
10 Pages«<34567>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline gbguy20  
#61 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 11:27:53 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/28/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 206
Applause Received: 285

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Lame, it's unacceptable. I understand there were injuries, but Nick Perry is not a 3-4 OLB because of his limitations in coverage. We need to convert back to a 4-3 defense with Perry being a DE and Mike Neal on the other side. In the middle you go with Pickett, Raji, Wilson, and Daniels. Matthews could play any of the linebacker positions and some DE as well.


We lose in the post season and everyone starts being real quick to judge and real harsh on players. So now Perry isn't a 3-4 OLB because he isn't good in coverage? Guess what, we all knew it would be an adjustment for him, he was a damn lineman in college. He got what, 4 and a half games of work in before he went down? Shit we need to replace him because he hadn't completely made the adjustment yet in those couple of games. We have a tiny sample size in which we have seen him, and he was barely into making his conversion yet, and you're the second person i've seen today write him off already. Come on people. Outrageous expectations.
call me Dan
thanks Post received 2 applause.
earthquake on 1/13/2013(UTC), Gaycandybacon on 1/13/2013(UTC)
Online steveishere  
#62 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 1:58:15 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 47
Applause Received: 963

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Lame, it's unacceptable. I understand there were injuries, but Nick Perry is not a 3-4 OLB because of his limitations in coverage. We need to convert back to a 4-3 defense with Perry being a DE and Mike Neal on the other side. In the middle you go with Pickett, Raji, Wilson, and Daniels. Matthews could play any of the linebacker positions and some DE as well.


HAha based off what the 4 or 5 games he played? If Clay Matthews was only as good in coverage as Perry he'd still be a great 3-4 OLB. Coverage is such a small part of the game for 3-4 OLBs that it barely matters. Best to treat them like DEs than LBs.
Online steveishere  
#63 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 1:59:32 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 47
Applause Received: 963

I think 2 all-time-great playoff performances in 4 years by QBs against your defense is enough to say maybe it's time to move on. Yeah there were injuries and whatnot but Capers got completely out coached and the defense certainly did not play up to it's talent level.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
rabidgopher04 on 1/13/2013(UTC)
Offline dyeah_gb  
#64 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 3:24:03 PM(UTC)
dyeah_gb

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 24
Applause Received: 24

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
I think 2 all-time-great playoff performances in 4 years by QBs against your defense is enough to say maybe it's time to move on. Yeah there were injuries and whatnot but Capers got completely out coached and the defense certainly did not play up to it's talent level.


The last two years looks like a pattern. I mean we did not just lose yesterday, we played the worst games of the whole fucking season when it counts. The 2011 season had similar results. Is Green bay the team that plays decent during the regular season and then stinks up the whole field when it matters? Not sure what can be done to make this team collectively act like the professionals they are paid to be. Changes need to be made to improve the fundamental nature of this team. Maybe that can still be possible with Capers but it probably will be easier to give someone else a shot.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Offline blueleopard  
#65 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 3:25:26 PM(UTC)
blueleopard

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/22/2008(UTC)

Applause Received: 70

Anybody think Dom Capers watching shit up there from the booth has anything to do with it? From there you really can't tell who's tired. Guys like Rob Ryan and Wade Phillips watch from the sideline and it's worked.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#66 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 3:31:34 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Originally Posted by: blueleopard Go to Quoted Post
Anybody think Dom Capers watching shit up there from the booth has anything to do with it? From there you really can't tell who's tired. Guys like Rob Ryan and Wade Phillips watch from the sideline and it's worked.


Doesn't the 49ers coach watch from the box too? If anything I think it's an advantage because you can see the whole field better.
Offline porky88  
#67 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 9:15:46 PM(UTC)
porky88

Rank: Pro Bowl

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Joined: 4/26/2007(UTC)

Applause Given: 193
Applause Received: 397

I didn’t want to give an immediate reaction to losing, for obvious reasons. Upon reflection, though, I could do without Dom Capers.

There’s a pattern emerging here.

2009: 51 points and 531 yards allowed at Arizona
2011: 37 points and 420 yards allowed vs. N.Y. Giants
2012: 45 points and 579 yards allowed at San Francisco

That's Green Bay’s defensive output in the last three postseason losses under Mike McCarthy. You can beat up on John Skelton, Blaine Gabbert, and Jake Locker, but there's a ton of dynamic quarterbacks in the NFL. Some do it with their arm and some do it with their legs. Kaepernick mostly the latter, though he sprinkled in some big throws, too.

Regardless, good offenses are exposing Green Bay’s mediocre defense. It’s happened three of the last four seasons. 2010 was an excellent season. The defense was amazing that year, but it’s also looking as if it’s an anomaly.

Hard to say, but we’re getting the same results from the same person. I’m not suggesting tearing it down. The Packers have excellent positional coaches. However, I wouldn’t mind seeing Darren Perry get a chance. Perhaps a younger mind would better fit the mentality of this team better.

I'm still sorting out my opinion towards Capers, but there's a good argument to part ways.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
yooperfan on 1/14/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#68 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 5:53:15 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,954
Applause Received: 2,186

I'd like to see Darren Perry as DC for Packers. I fear he may be gone to another team as their DC with all those new Head Coaching positions being filled up.
UserPostedImage
Offline dyeah_gb  
#69 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 6:29:12 AM(UTC)
dyeah_gb

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 24
Applause Received: 24

Pundits are echoing some of the thoughts in this post.

5 fixes for GB

Point number 1 gently suggests that Capers perspective is dated.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Offline Zero2Cool  
#70 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 6:43:44 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,954
Applause Received: 2,186

Originally Posted by: dyeah_gb Go to Quoted Post
Pundits are echoing some of the thoughts in this post.

5 fixes for GB

Point number 1 gently suggests that Capers perspective is dated.


That's not a pundit, that's some random BleacherReport author who mistakenly thinks articles should be written in slides.


I'm sticking with Darren Perry being elevated. :)
UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#71 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 6:45:44 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/28/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 206
Applause Received: 285

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
That's not a pundit, that's some random BleacherReport author who mistakenly thinks articles should be written in slides.


I'm sticking with Darren Perry being elevated. :)


Haha, that has always driven me nuts about that site.

What kind of scheme do you think Perry would run?
call me Dan
Offline dyeah_gb  
#72 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 7:01:01 AM(UTC)
dyeah_gb

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 24
Applause Received: 24

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
That's not a pundit, that's some random BleacherReport author who mistakenly thinks articles should be written in slides.


I'm sticking with Darren Perry being elevated. :)


Who does not love slide shows? Heck, the whole country is run off of power point.

The more I think about it, I think the packers have a good opportunity to start fresh on D next season. I think we would have a good shot at promoting Perry. Are we sure he will provide the original thinking we need rather than Capers 2.0?

It is important that we avoid a situation like we did with Ed Donatell a decade ago where we needed a scapegoat and ultimately took a step backwards by firing him. If there really is no one better than Capers out there, then we are unfortunately stuck with him.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#73 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 8:06:56 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 371

It doesn't matter what the scheme is, if the pass rush leaves run lanes open. Three weeks ago, there was no rush discipline and MN beat us, two weeks ago, they have the rush discipline and we win, this game no lane discipline and again we lose. I give much of the credit in that to SF. They blocked us out of our lanes as much as we rushed ourselves out of them. Our edges get to far upfield and our middle doesn't get enough. We had the same problem back with the 4-3. the center got no push and the edges go up field making huge escape lanes for QB.

For pass rush, whether we get rid of Capers, keep him, move back to the 4/3 or stay. Our biggest weakness on defense is a consistent push from the interior Dline. Raji, Pickett, Worthy, Neal, Daniels. That is where we need improvement on D. Along with MLB. Our guys are good, but a Patrick Willis on the interior would do wonders also.

Even with how bad the defense looked, we lost this game because of a ST blunder and a bad INT.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#74 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 8:16:32 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,030
Applause Received: 1,467

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
It doesn't matter what the scheme is, if the pass rush leaves run lanes open. Three weeks ago, there was no rush discipline and MN beat us, two weeks ago, they have the rush discipline and we win, this game no lane discipline and again we lose. I give much of the credit in that to SF. They blocked us out of our lanes as much as we rushed ourselves out of them. Our edges get to far upfield and our middle doesn't get enough. We had the same problem back with the 4-3. the center got no push and the edges go up field making huge escape lanes for QB.

For pass rush, whether we get rid of Capers, keep him, move back to the 4/3 or stay. Our biggest weakness on defense is a consistent push from the interior Dline. Raji, Pickett, Worthy, Neal, Daniels. That is where we need improvement on D. Along with MLB. Our guys are good, but a Patrick Willis on the interior would do wonders also.

Even with how bad the defense looked, we lost this game because of a ST blunder and a bad INT.


You seriously think it falls on ST and the Int?

Even with the gimme TD at the end GB lost by 14. Take away those TDs is a tie but SF could have marched right down field and scored again. Then again they would have shut down GB from getting their last TD.
SF dominated GB on both sides of the ball the whole game long.

UserPostedImage

Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#75 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 8:43:28 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 371

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
You seriously think it falls on ST and the Int?

Even with the gimme TD at the end GB lost by 14. Take away those TDs is a tie but SF could have marched right down field and scored again. Then again they would have shut down GB from getting their last TD.
SF dominated GB on both sides of the ball the whole game long.


What you are missing is momentum and what those two plays did to the game.

We were up by 7, having just scored and the defense gets a stop and forces a punt. If Ross just holds on, odds are, at worst we punt the ball back to them. Instead they score and the offense comes back on the field tied, instead of in the lead, and pressing after the turn over, resulting in a forced pass by Rodgers that I don't think he makes if we are up by 7 instead and now down 21-14. The result being us down 24-21 at half, where we more than like would have been up at the 1/2.

Those two plays changed the game and that is what cost us the game. Those two plays and the results change the way both teams called plays offensively and defensively. I can't say we would have won, but it would have been a different game and coming back out after 1/2 with a lead, the odds are pretty good that they don't lose.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
10 Pages«<34567>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
16m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

19m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

29m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

39m / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

39m / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Yerko

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Pack93z

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / GermanGilbert

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / AbbaGav

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan