You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Wade  
#46 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 9:23:22 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 560
Applause Received: 587

Most surprising stat of this game to me?

The forty-niners actually punted three times.

None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline yooperfan  
#47 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 9:31:35 PM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 476
Applause Received: 225

McCarthy needs to make some coaching changes along with a change in philosophy.
This 3-4 shit ain't cutting it.
The offensive line isn't cutting it either.
Online wpr  
#48 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 9:33:12 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,405
Applause Received: 1,192

I have two tickets to next weeks NFL CG in GB I will sell cheap.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 4 applause.
Wade on 1/12/2013(UTC), DakotaT on 1/12/2013(UTC), gotarace on 1/12/2013(UTC), gbguy20 on 1/12/2013(UTC)
Online DakotaT  
#49 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 9:34:44 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 568
Applause Received: 1,190

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
I have two tickets to next weeks NFL CG in GB I will sell cheap.

I suppose now I'll get my invitation to meet in GB?
UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#50 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 9:35:28 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 560
Applause Received: 587

Thanks for making me laugh, Wayne.

I think I'm going to bed. Y'all probably won't see me for a couple days. I gotta get my mind off this piece of shit game for a bit before I burst a blood vessel.

p.s. Harbaugh is bush league all the way. Calling a time out on an onside kick when you're up two TDS?

None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Online wpr  
#51 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 9:42:03 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,405
Applause Received: 1,192

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
I suppose now I'll get my invitation to meet in GB?

you make it to GB and I can come up and meet you. Maybe we'll go pound on Kevin's door.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline play2win  
#52 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 10:29:14 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 844
Applause Received: 547

Originally Posted by: rabidgopher04 Go to Quoted Post
I don't see why they are not playing the same scheme as last week against Minnesota. I can't believe the way this defense is playing right now. It's embarrassing. Big play after big play, especially on third downs. Make some damn adjustments already! Stop blitzing and hold the line!

Exactly what should have been the plan. Should have sat back in contain at the line of scrimmage and treated Kaepernick and Gore like we did Peterson. Should not have let those guys out.

Really poor scheming against SF. Again. Add to that, we didn't have the horses to run with them. We just didn't. Looked like our players were a lower level of talent nearly across the board.
Offline doddpower  
#53 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 4:30:44 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Applause Given: 1,458
Applause Received: 343

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Exactly what should have been the plan. Should have sat back in contain at the line of scrimmage and treated Kaepernick and Gore like we did Peterson. Should not have let those guys out.

Really poor scheming against SF. Again. Add to that, we didn't have the horses to run with them. We just didn't. Looked like our players were a lower level of talent nearly across the board.

The Packers were playing "contain" for most of the game. That's the main reason there was little to no pass rush as most the players were focusing on keeping Kap in the pocket. Re-watch the game. It's just on most of the long runs, the contain did not work. That's a big difference. Either the OLB read the read-option wrong, or Kap was still able to escape the four man contain. I think I even saw some 4 man contain with one and sometimes two spies. It just wasn't working, and that falls on both the coaching staff and the players for not executing properly. A lot of credit also has to be given to the 49'ers, especially the QB and their beastly offensive line. The Packers were simply outmatched and unprepared.
Offline DanJustDan29  
#54 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 7:46:32 PM(UTC)
DanJustDan29

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 7

Yes, DJ SMITH!

Finished with over 500 tackles in college, and most were vs. Option/Spread teams.
Teamwork is what the Green Bay Packers were all about. They didn't do it for individual glory. They did it because they loved one another. -Vince Lombardi
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#55 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 10:58:31 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 345

SF did a great job of blocking up front. They blocked us so there were escape lanes, as was shown.

On one of the big runs, Walden collapsed inside whick gave kapernick the edge. But if you watch that same play, if Walden didn't collapse, there was a HUGE hole for Gore. It was the same on the dump pass to gore over Woody. If woody had turned to stay with Gore, Kapernick keeps the ball, if Woody drops off Gore to protect against the QB run, dump the ball over his head.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline doddpower  
#56 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 11:36:34 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
SF did a great job of blocking up front. They blocked us so there were escape lanes, as was shown.

On one of the big runs, Walden collapsed inside whick gave kapernick the edge. But if you watch that same play, if Walden didn't collapse, there was a HUGE hole for Gore. It was the same on the dump pass to gore over Woody. If woody had turned to stay with Gore, Kapernick keeps the ball, if Woody drops off Gore to protect against the QB run, dump the ball over his head.

Was there not a LB at least close to step up and seal up the gap, even if it was a decent gain? I can't remember. If not, I'm sure there was supposed to be. I imagine Walden's responsibility was to maintain the edge, regardless of what opened up inside. It's very likely more than one player was at fault, but when playing that type of offense, players have to maintain their individual responsibilities or we see what happens.
Offline gbguy20  
#57 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 11:37:51 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 185
Applause Received: 247

Originally Posted by: doddpower Go to Quoted Post
Was there not a LB at least close to step up and seal up the gap, even if it was a decent gain? I can't remember. If not, I'm sure there was supposed to be. I imagine Walden's responsibility was to maintain the edge, regardless of what opened up inside. It's very likely more than one player was at fault, but when playing that type of offense, players have to maintain their individual responsibilities or we see what happens.

according to walden he did his job on said play

something tells me having ur back to the guy with the ball isn't doing ur job but what do i know
call me Dan
Offline doddpower  
#58 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 11:51:18 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
according to walden he did his job on said play

something tells me having ur back to the guy with the ball isn't doing ur job but what do i know

heh, yeah, admittedly I didn't study the play that closely, or know the specific assignments of every player for that defensive call. I simply have better things to do than to study a NFL play for that long. I do, however, remember Jones attempting to come over to contain that outside, but if that was his assignment, he was WAY out of position, or so it would seem. It wasn't even close. Whether it was Walden or anyone else, it doesn't really matter. The end result was the same. It's understandable as to why Walden would get the blame from the fans though, because he has consistently been un-disciplined in doing so.
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#59 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 12:17:28 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 345

Originally Posted by: doddpower Go to Quoted Post

This if from memory, not watching a replay at the moment. I could see a LB/S but not in position to make the play. Gore would have had a wide open outside just like Kapernick. I agree on Walden's assignment. Don't recall anybody outside. He needs to learn that it isn't a bad thing to admit to a mistake.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage