Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#11 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 3:37:10 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
So you just telegraph every running play? No, Finley needs to get his hands dirty. He's big enough and there is no reason he can't run block.

I'm saying what I've seen. Tbh I haven't watched how much Finley has been in and out of running plays for guys like crabby.

I bet anyone of us could say at times how much this offense is predictable anyways.

I'm pretty sure he get's dirty in there as much as the next guy. but The point is I wouldn't give him away because of his so called run blocking deficiencys. He's a big, middle of the field receiving threat. Despite his criticisms, that's good enough for me.
Offline DakotaT  
#12 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 3:46:31 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 665
Applause Received: 1,365

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
I'm saying what I've seen. Tbh I haven't watched how much Finley has been in and out of running plays for guys like crabby.

I bet anyone of us could say at times how much this offense is predictable anyways.

I'm pretty sure he get's dirty in there as much as the next guy. but The point is I wouldn't give him away because of his so called run blocking deficiencys. He's a big, middle of the field receiving threat. Despite his criticisms, that's good enough for me.

Well I have watch him attempt to run block and it isn't pretty. He eludes contact like he is afraid to take on linebackers that he is just as big or bigger than. Vince would have shaped him up, but unfortunately we don't live in those times anymore. Finley either has TNS or doesn't give a fuck about run blocking. Take your pick.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Gaycandybacon on 1/13/2013(UTC)
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#13 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 3:48:17 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Well I have watch him attempt to run block and it isn't pretty. He eludes contact like he is afraid to take on linebackers that he is just as big or bigger than. Vince would have shaped him up, but unfortunately we don't live in those times anymore. Finley either has TNS or doesn't give a fuck about run blocking. Take your pick.

Laughing Now you know why they don't use him as much on run plays huh. Think
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#14 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 11:17:05 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 398

Finley actually is not terrible as a run blocker. No where near great, but not terrible. The thing is, nobody points out when he does get a block, only when he doesn't. Most if his blockign assignments are on the backside of the run. there has been numerous times this year that Crabtree (our best TE blocker) has been blown up yet nobody complains about those.

He is good at chipping the DE/OLB and getting into pattern to catch a ball which is what we are paying him for.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline doddpower  
#15 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 11:41:14 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,083
Applause Received: 525

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
Finley actually is not terrible as a run blocker. No where near great, but not terrible. The thing is, nobody points out when he does get a block, only when he doesn't. Most if his blockign assignments are on the backside of the run. there has been numerous times this year that Crabtree (our best TE blocker) has been blown up yet nobody complains about those.

He is good at chipping the DE/OLB and getting into pattern to catch a ball which is what we are paying him for.

Well, I'm still surprised Crabtree has a place on the roster. Yeah, he's made a couple plays and he is supposed to be a good blocker, but as you have said, I've seen him blown up multiple times, as well. It seems like his roster spot could be better used, but that's just my opinion (obviously). If Quarless is actually able to return next season along with Finley, and especially if the Packers draft another TE, I can't see Crabtree sticking around. Hopefully not, anyway.

Offline DakotaT  
#16 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 11:48:34 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 665
Applause Received: 1,365

Originally Posted by: doddpower Go to Quoted Post
Well, I'm still surprised Crabtree has a place on the roster. Yeah, he's made a couple plays and he is supposed to be a good blocker, but as you have said, I've seen him blown up multiple times, as well. It seems like his roster spot could be better used, but that's just my opinion (obviously). If Quarless is actually able to return next season along with Finley, and especially if the Packers draft another TE, I can't see Crabtree sticking around. Hopefully not, anyway.

You might as well put Ryan Taylor and DJ Williams in the same boat as Crabtree, cause they aren't earning their roster spots either. Would much rather go with 3 good tight ends and carry another fat boy for the defensive line rotation.
UserPostedImage
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#17 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 12:22:25 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 398

Originally Posted by: doddpower Go to Quoted Post

One thing though. If you watch those plays. He is getting blown up by DE and OLB in one on one blocking. That is not a very good play design if you ask me.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed