Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline K_Buz  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 6:29:31 AM(UTC)
K_Buz

Applause Given: 2
Applause Received: 26

I'm over the loss for the most part, we got destroyed...plain and simple. However, one thing buried in that loss has me questioning WTF?

We are down 21 points, under 5 minutes to go in the 4th quarter,and have the ball where is Donald Driver?

Double D should have been in the game finishing out his Packer career with class. Did I miss him out there? I don't think so. How awesome would that have been if DD would have caught that last TD pass?
Offline wpr  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 7:45:57 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,049
Applause Received: 1,481

meh. he is gone. it matters not. he has his record and career to keep him warm at night.
UserPostedImage

Will you follow me, one last time?
Offline K_Buz  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 7:55:58 AM(UTC)
K_Buz

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
meh. he is gone. it matters not. he has his record and career to keep him warm at night.

Really, the Raven's seemed to send their long time star off in classy style.
Offline musccy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 7:57:15 AM(UTC)
musccy

Applause Given: 245
Applause Received: 233

I get the sentiment, but this is the big boys' table. DD has made millions off the team and endorsements, it's not as if he's a victim. You could make a counter argument that if you replaced someone lower on the depth chart when the game was still "technically" not over that the packers didn't care about winning.

Furthermore, what would a forced TD in garbage time in one of the Packers more humiliating playoff losses in franchise history have really meant?
Offline wpr  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 7:59:38 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: K_Buz Go to Quoted Post
Really, the Raven's seemed to send their long time star off in classy style.

yep.
Lewis is also a lot more productive at this stage of his career than Driver. A team leading 17 tackles 10 of them solos. He belongs out on the field. DD is 5th option at best. 8th if you include TE and RBs.
UserPostedImage

Offline K_Buz  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 8:05:26 AM(UTC)
K_Buz

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
yep.
Lewis is also a lot more productive at this stage of his career than Driver. A team leading 17 tackles 10 of them solos. He belongs out on the field. DD is 5th option at best. 8th if you include TE and RBs.

They had him in an offense. The Ravens appreciated that the Lewis should get a hero's farewell. I get the fact that they were at home, but I don't think that makes a real difference. DD should have been on the field on that last TD drive. JMO
Offline musccy  
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 8:12:26 AM(UTC)
musccy

Applause Given: 245
Applause Received: 233

They had him in an offense. The Ravens appreciated that the Lewis should get a hero's farewell. I get the fact that they were at home, but I don't think that makes a real difference. DD should have been on the field on that last TD drive. JMO

You earn the hero's exit that you want on the field. If you haven't earned it there, then save the charity for end-of-year banquets or induction to the Packers' hall of fame.
Offline steveishere  
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 2:07:42 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 968

When Ray Lewis is on the field he kicks peoples asses. When DD is on the field he wastes snaps. That's the difference.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 1/13/2013(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 3:22:03 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,360

Both players are a liability on the field being two steps slow. This is the NFL not UNISEF.
UserPostedImage
Offline GreenBlood  
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 7:39:24 PM(UTC)
GreenBlood

I'm over the loss for the most part, we got destroyed...plain and simple. However, one thing buried in that loss has me questioning WTF?

We are down 21 points, under 5 minutes to go in the 4th quarter,and have the ball where is Donald Driver?

Double D should have been in the game finishing out his Packer career with class. Did I miss him out there? I don't think so. How awesome would that have been if DD would have caught that last TD pass?

I get the sentiment, but has DD actually said he plans to retire? I don't think he has. That said, we all know it was likely his last game as a Packer. But I would not be upset if he wanted to continue playing a couple more years in someplace like Buffalo or another team that is thin at WR. Just not an NFCN team.
blank
Offline Yerko  
#11 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 12:36:50 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 153
Applause Received: 255

No offense, I understand the sentiment most fans have for Donald but comparing this with what the Ravens are doing with Ray Lewis is like comparing apples and oranges...

Putting him on the field during garbage time probably would have been more insulting than what they actually did anyways. Nobodies get put on the field during garbage time...
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#12 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 12:40:55 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: Yerko Go to Quoted Post
No offense, I understand the sentiment most fans have for Donald but comparing this with what the Ravens are doing with Ray Lewis is like comparing apples and oranges...

Putting him on the field during garbage time probably would have been more insulting than what they actually did anyways. Nobodies get put on the field during garbage time...

you mean no bodies like Aaron Rodgers and Jennings? Big Grin
UserPostedImage

Offline DakotaT  
#13 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 12:50:44 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,360

Originally Posted by: Yerko Go to Quoted Post

A type of argument that is quite popular with many of the posters in this forum. It is closely related to slight of hand arguing.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#14 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 4:29:08 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 186
Applause Received: 420

Had it been a home game, i would have said put him in. But who in San Francisco would have cared?
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#15 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 5:17:05 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 335
Applause Received: 445

What are you thinking K-Buz?????

These guys aren't people, they are commodities!

There's no room in football for sentiment anymore!!!

THIS IS A FUCKING BUSINESS!!!

To hell With Driver!!! His ass needs to go.

Sarcasm

One thing that I find curious is how quick he was activated once he volunteered to play on special teams.

The coaches didn't want to ask him, thought it wouldn't be right to ask a Vet like DD to play Sp. teams, so he volunteered, and amazingly after a short week of practice he showed he could contribute and he was activated instead of ????? whoever.

hmmmmm....just wondering about next year, DD shows up and just like a rookie or street FA, contends for a roster spot as a menmber of the Sp teams unit.

Now it comes down to final cuts, and the coaches have to decide who to keep, a Rookie FA, or a 16 yr Vet who could, if needed , step right into the starting lineup at any point of the game.

I know what my decision would be.

Down deep, I know DD is probably done in Green Bay, but just keep asking myself, what difference it would have made if The Packers didn't make the decision to put Ross in to return punts instead of Cobb?

There's a reason a very few rookies make a splash in The NFL, it's called inexperience!!!

Time to move on, wait till next year, and see what happens, if DD returns it will be fun reading some of the posts as our online GM's go beserk week after week.

Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Rss Feed