Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DakotaT  
#16 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 5:30:26 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 649
Applause Received: 1,337

Who goes beserk besides you Buckeye? Bring up Favre in a negative way and watch you go off! You defend him like he's your brother.

Driver is done in GB because he can't run the routes fast enough anymore and he drops the ball too much. Jennings is done because he will be going to the highest bidder, unless we are willing to tag him for a year. GB will not pay his ransom, because although he is a productive player, a number 1 wideout like Fitzgerald, Jennings is not.

Woodson is probably done because he isn't worth his cap number anymore and without a major restructure, it is fiscally irresponsible to bring him back. Oh did I mention he is getting slower by the day. Savvy only cuts it so long.

Which brings us to your boy Hawk, Buckeye; he's way overpaid but he's like the cat with nine lives. His competition keeps getting hurt so we have to keep him. It's not like he's earning his paycheck or position with his play. We were seriously week in the middle this season.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#17 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 5:36:08 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,887
Applause Received: 2,086

Donald Driver
13 Targets
8 Receptions
3 Drops
11 Catchable
27.27% Drop Rate

When Jermichael Finley was at 14% ... quite a few of you folks were demanding he be cut. Interesting.
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#18 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 5:50:14 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 294
Applause Received: 410

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Who goes beserk besides you Buckeye? Bring up Favre in a negative way and watch you go off! You defend him like he's your brother.

Driver is done in GB because he can't run the routes fast enough anymore and he drops the ball too much. Jennings is done because he will be going to the highest bidder, unless we are willing to tag him for a year. GB will not pay his ransom, because although he is a productive player, a number 1 wideout like Fitzgerald, Jennings is not.

Woodson is probably done because he isn't worth his cap number anymore and without a major restructure, it is fiscally irresponsible to bring him back. Oh did I mention he is getting slower by the day. Savvy only cuts it so long.

Which brings us to your boy Hawk, Buckeye; he's way overpaid but he's like the cat with nine lives. His competition keeps getting hurt so we have to keep him. It's not like he's earning his paycheck or position with his play. We were seriously week in the middle this season.

Favre??? who's that, haven't mentioned him in years, did I strike a nerve??? LOL LOL

Hey I've been saying for 3 years now I wish The Packers would let Hawk go so he could play for a team where the fans appreciated what he brings to the field.

Never understood when you say "we", how many games did you dress for this year?
LOL

PLEASE TED MAKE THIS OFF-SEASON BE THE ONE WHERE YOU GET RID OF ALL THE DEAD WEIGHT YOU HAVE BROUGHT TO THIS TEAM!!!

Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’.
Offline wpr  
#19 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 6:28:23 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,880
Applause Received: 1,392

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
What are you thinking K-Buz?????

These guys aren't people, they are commodities!

There's no room in football for sentiment anymore!!!

THIS IS A f*ckING BUSINESS!!!

To hell With Driver!!! His ass needs to go.

Sarcasm

One thing that I find curious is how quick he was activated once he volunteered to play on special teams.

The coaches didn't want to ask him, thought it wouldn't be right to ask a Vet like DD to play Sp. teams, so he volunteered, and amazingly after a short week of practice he showed he could contribute and he was activated instead of ????? whoever.

hmmmmm....just wondering about next year, DD shows up and just like a rookie or street FA, contends for a roster spot as a menmber of the Sp teams unit.

Now it comes down to final cuts, and the coaches have to decide who to keep, a Rookie FA, or a 16 yr Vet who could, if needed , step right into the starting lineup at any point of the game.

I know what my decision would be.

Down deep, I know DD is probably done in Green Bay, but just keep asking myself, what difference it would have made if The Packers didn't make the decision to put Ross in to return punts instead of Cobb?

There's a reason a very few rookies make a splash in The NFL, it's called inexperience!!!

Time to move on, wait till next year, and see what happens, if DD returns it will be fun reading some of the posts as our online GM's go beserk week after week.

They may well have activated him but since Boykin was injured they almost certainly would have activated him whether or not he asked to play on ST.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline buckeyepackfan  
#20 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 6:51:57 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
They may well have activated him but since Boykin was injured they almost certainly would have activated him whether or not he asked to play on ST.

I may be wrong, but am pretty sure Boykin was out for The last Minny game and DD was still inactive, it was him going to the coaches and volunteering to work special teams that got him active for The 49r game.

Just a point which, wpr, has nothing to do with this post, or anything you have posted,but I'm going to include it here because I don't want to create another post.

I have never said DD hasn't lost a step.
I have never said DD should have been starting.

I do understand if DD does not play for The Packers next year.

I also think that there will be a spot for him next year if conditions are right, and he will contribute, if he makes the team.

I've tried to make this point a couple times, but always get shouted down, and called names.

If Greg Jennings doesn't come back, if Jermicheal Finley is cut, all of a sudden The Packers are down to Jones,Nelson and Cobb with experience, and Boykin and Ross with next to no experience.
This happens, injuries occur, the only point I have said is DD would be a nice option to have.

Let me put it this way Donald Driver has about as much of a chance to play next year as Ryan Grant had to be resigned this year.
Offline DakotaT  
#21 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 7:11:36 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Favre??? who's that, haven't mentioned him in years, did I strike a nerve??? LOL LOL

Hey I've been saying for 3 years now I wish The Packers would let Hawk go so he could play for a team where the fans appreciated what he brings to the field.

Never understood when you say "we", how many games did you dress for this year?
LOL

PLEASE TED MAKE THIS OFF-SEASON BE THE ONE WHERE YOU GET RID OF ALL THE DEAD WEIGHT YOU HAVE BROUGHT TO THIS TEAM!!!

No nerve struck at all.

Yeah, Hawk can be three yards behind the tight end on all the other teams too.

Well being an owner an all...

I think you have a problem with your own mortality Buckeye, otherwise you wouldn't mind so much when an aging player is put out to pasture.
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#22 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 7:14:01 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Donald Driver
13 Targets
8 Receptions
3 Drops
11 Catchable
27.27% Drop Rate

When Jermichael Finley was at 14% ... quite a few of you folks were demanding he be cut. Interesting.

My problem is the 1.whatever million the Packers paid for that pedestrian production. I'm quite certain one of the young guys cut could have handled that action just fine.
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#23 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 7:23:42 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
No nerve struck at all.

Yeah, Hawk can be three yards behind the tight end on all the other teams too.

Well being an owner an all...

I think you have a problem with your own mortality Buckeye, otherwise you wouldn't mind so much when an aging player is put out to pasture.

You're right, BECAUSE YOU ARE NECVER WRONG!!

That is why I have just decided, that because of you, it's time for me to move on.

Obviously any view that you disagree with IS THE WRONG view, and should not be posted.

Zero, great site, you have worked your ass off keeping it going, I've just realized that there is no room for someone like me with the opinions I have.

Thanks for all the gameday feeds, they were much appreciated at times when I couldn't get them locally.
Offline wpr  
#24 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 7:36:34 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,880
Applause Received: 1,392

just take a little time off and and come back for the draft. We need all kinds of ideas here. BTW thanks for the heads up when you switched gears in your post. I would have been confused.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#25 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 7:37:26 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

buckeyepackfan wrote:
Zero, great site, you have worked your ass off keeping it going, I've just realized that there is no room for someone like me with the opinions I have.

Thanks for all the gameday feeds, they were much appreciated at times when I couldn't get them locally.

Various thoughts are what make the site good. If you leave, you consequently make the site less good. Why do that to me and my effort?
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#26 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 7:41:30 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

You're right, BECAUSE YOU ARE NECVER WRONG!!

That is why I have just decided, that because of you, it's time for me to move on.

Obviously any view that you disagree with IS THE WRONG view, and should not be posted.

No Buckeye you stay and I'll leave! It's funny though - for someone that doesn't like arguing with me - you sure have spent a lot of energy doing so.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#27 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 7:49:35 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

No one is leaving.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 1/14/2013(UTC)
Offline dfosterf  
#28 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 8:20:07 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 177
Applause Received: 394

kids.

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Dulak  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 12:28:59 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 153
Applause Received: 100

I thought the same thing -
well that one drive before I was wondeing why we didnt go for it with 4th and 4 insteading of punting again - I mean we were down 2 touchdowns ... and ya we gave them they ball back and they scored game over. If we would of scored and considered that last drive a do or die then there was a chance IMO ...

and when we didnt - I thought and saw driver just standing there ...
Rss Feed