Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 6:43:20 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,228

Wow, Nick Collins was paid $2.3 million out of the 2012 salary cap.

I put the ones in bold that I felt should be retained. I was pretty surprised to see how many are free agents after the 2013 season (indicated by 2014). I'd like to see Greg Jennings retained and Erik Walden too.

UserPostedImage
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 7:40:28 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 398

As always it comes down to cost. Shields will be back. I would like to see Jones back also, I think he could be a very good ILB, he has size and speed which is a combination our ILB haven't had. And I don't think he will cost overly much. D-smith can't be let go unless we get a sure fire starting C, and even then he would be a good backup that can cover 3 of the line positions if needed.

Boykin, Ross will be back for competition depth at minimum. Crabtree is a questionmark with the depth at TE we have. Seeing that he got the most play time of the backups.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline RajiRoar  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 8:06:23 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 43
Applause Received: 256

Zero2Cool wrote:

Erik Walden too.

Why?

Greg, EDS, Benson, and Brad Jones are the only ones I'd like to see back.

Though Ideally Benson would not be back in favor of a draft pick.

I assume shields will be back because I don't know of any RFAs getting away freely.

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline play2win  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:55:04 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

I don't see Walden back either.Shields, EDS, Crabby and Jennings seem to only worthy players moving forward. That's 4 out of the 12, and we probably let Jennings walk. So, we keep 3.

I like Benson but don't see him as a need going forward. Brad Jones improved moving inside, but I think we can do better.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:57:40 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Erik Walden plays very well in spot duty. He's not a starter, and he's good on special teams (so I've heard) and he'll come cheap.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:00:00 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Walden just disappears way too much. We can't have another year of that. We've already had 3.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:10:11 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Walden just disappears way too much. We can't have another year of that. We've already had 3.

Nick Perry should be back and be the starter, so Erik Walden and be the backup, which he was doing very well at prior to Perry's injury. Walden was third (tied with A.J. Hawk) on the team in sacks.

UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:33:26 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Yeah, I'm just tired of seeing him out there and not making anything happen when it really matters. His best game was 3 years ago against CHI. We keep hanging onto that, and I'm ready for a change. A really big change back to a 4-3.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:44:10 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, I'm just tired of seeing him out there and not making anything happen when it really matters. His best game was 3 years ago against CHI. We keep hanging onto that, and I'm ready for a change. A really big change back to a 4-3.

Who's we? Who's hanging onto that game years ago? I just stated he did very well spelling in for Nick Perry and is a good part time player. Where did I say anything about the game several years ago? Quit kicking kittens, man!!

UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:54:55 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Whoah. Me. I. I guess its just me then, because the guy got only 2 sacks against the Lions, and a half sack against STL and CHI... then one more against MIN in the playoffs. Zero sacks against SF, SEA, NO, IND, JAX, AZ, NYG, DET, CHI, TEN, MIN, and SF in the playoffs.

If I told you before the season that he would have no sacks in 12 of our games, would you still have wanted him? His numbers reflect the problems we suffered last season. I wanted better. That's all.

And he didn't play v. SF, I know. That's on him.
Rss Feed