You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Share
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 4:12:41 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

United States
Posts: 25,225
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,739
Applause Received: 1,790

Okay, I am Mike McCarthy, you are Dom Capers and you've just been called into my office and I ask you ... why should you be the Green Bay Packers Defensive Coordinator for the 2013 season...

You being Dom Capers, what is your answer and reasons to save your job?

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Sponsor
Offline musccy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 4:39:08 PM(UTC)
musccy

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,829
Joined: 5/7/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 122
Applause Received: 114

"I've got the best comb over in the business"

I've got nothing else.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:02:20 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

United States
Posts: 25,225
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,739
Applause Received: 1,790

Originally Posted by: musccy Go to Quoted Post
"I've got the best comb over in the business"

I've got nothing else.


We're not in the business of looking good, we're in the business of winning championships. I am sorry, but we will be going in a different direction. Thank you for your service.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Mortfini  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:08:44 PM(UTC)
Mortfini

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 107
Joined: 8/20/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 1

Injurys have killed us plus I thought we were playing in red and gold on Saturday night
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:16:52 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

United States
Posts: 25,225
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,739
Applause Received: 1,790

Originally Posted by: Mortfini Go to Quoted Post
Injurys have killed us plus I thought we were playing in red and gold on Saturday night


Remarkable job in 2010 considering you are colorblind. Thank you for your services, however, we are moving in a different direction.





UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline musccy  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:32:47 PM(UTC)
musccy

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,829
Joined: 5/7/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 122
Applause Received: 114

My defense was ranked 11th in the NFL this year, what's not to like?
Offline Zero2Cool  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:40:23 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

United States
Posts: 25,225
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,739
Applause Received: 1,790

Originally Posted by: musccy Go to Quoted Post
My defense was ranked 11th in the NFL this year, what's not to like?


Yes, 11th in scoring defense and 4th Defensive Passer Rating. Yet, you couldn't make any adjustments to stopping a rookie quarterback gaining over 170 yards rushing before first being touched? What is your explanation for this and how you ensure this is not to happen again? Mind you, Adrian Peterson tore your defense up twice in the matter of weeks for over 400 yards.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline GermanGilbert  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:44:25 PM(UTC)
GermanGilbert

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 569
Joined: 11/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 27
Applause Received: 70

Originally Posted by: musccy Go to Quoted Post
My defense was ranked 11th in the NFL this year, what's not to like?


31st would have been much better. Improvement is everything, being #31 would have been a step forward and my job security for the next 30 years (if I get it done that long). If you're the #1 defense, there's nothing to improve and no improvement is a step back (---> fired)

blank
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 1/15/2013(UTC)
Offline Cheesey  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:12:27 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Posts: 8,552
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

Well Mike.....i'm going to be like every other person in the world and blame YOU! After all, in the end, YOU are the boss and should have stepped in and taken over in the 49'ers game at half time when you saw i was in over my head and unable to find a fix.
So if you fire me, i will tell that to all the press, that YOU failed and should have been the one fired.
YOU called the offensive plays, and couldn't come up with a scheme that would score more then 45 points, even with Aaron Rodgers as your QB! Talk about FAIL!
(Hows THAT for a cop out???)
UserPostedImage
Offline musccy  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:18:28 PM(UTC)
musccy

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,829
Joined: 5/7/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 122
Applause Received: 114

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Yes, 11th in scoring defense and 4th Defensive Passer Rating. Yet, you couldn't make any adjustments to stopping a rookie quarterback gaining over 170 yards rushing before first being touched? What is your explanation for this and how you ensure this is not to happen again? Mind you, Adrian Peterson tore your defense up twice in the matter of weeks for over 400 yards.


Hey, we only allowed 100 in week 18 to AP...so 510/3 is 167/game. His seasonal average was 131/game. We're close enough to that, c'mon!

As for Kapernick, that read option crap is bush league college shit. It'll be phased out of the league in a year like the wildcat so no worries, I don't need to adjust to that. We have the psycho package...relax!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:22:27 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

United States
Posts: 25,225
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,739
Applause Received: 1,790

Originally Posted by: musccy Go to Quoted Post
Hey, we only allowed 100 in week 18 to AP...so 510/3 is 167/game. His seasonal average was 131/game. We're close enough to that, c'mon!

As for Kapernick, that read option crap is bush league college shit. It'll be phased out of the league in a year like the wildcat so no worries, I don't need to adjust to that. We have the psycho package...relax!



One would trust an NFL defensive coordinator with decades of experience could stop "bush league college shit" rather than get embarrassed by it.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:37:18 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,644
Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 345

This will probably get me fired, but I would ask. As head coach why did you put a rookie back receiving punts in the biggest game of the season. Why did it take you 3/4 of the season against cover 2 shells to realize you can't run nothing but 10-15 yard routes. On why you have continued year after year, not being able to get a viable run game, and not switch until late in your 7th season to change that.

Then i would ask, what do you think I should have done better, relax the coverage so instead of running, they could throw. You had hte head phones on, you heard what was going on. the calls that were being made. We got our asses handed to us up front. It wasn't a scheme or adjustment issue, it was a being physically out played issue.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:53:56 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

United States
Posts: 25,225
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,739
Applause Received: 1,790

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
Then i would ask, what do you think I should have done better, relax the coverage so instead of running, they could throw. You had hte head phones on, you heard what was going on. the calls that were being made. We got our asses handed to us up front. It wasn't a scheme or adjustment issue, it was a being physically out played issue.


First, perhaps you should have focused more on your defense than the offense. That is a completely failure on your part and your responsibilities as a defensive coordinator.

Second, I hired YOU to run the defense. If I am to be required to do your job (mind you, while running the offense), why should you retain your position that I entrusted the entire defense to you.

I have never heard such an irresponsible, pass the buck type of response to save ones job. You are dismissed.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline musccy  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:02:01 PM(UTC)
musccy

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,829
Joined: 5/7/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 122
Applause Received: 114

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
This will probably get me fired, but I would ask. As head coach why did you put a rookie back receiving punts in the biggest game of the season. Why did it take you 3/4 of the season against cover 2 shells to realize you can't run nothing but 10-15 yard routes. On why you have continued year after year, not being able to get a viable run game, and not switch until late in your 7th season to change that.

Then i would ask, what do you think I should have done better, relax the coverage so instead of running, they could throw. You had hte head phones on, you heard what was going on. the calls that were being made. We got our asses handed to us up front. It wasn't a scheme or adjustment issue, it was a being physically out played issue.


Mike McCarthy "First, let me say that all of those loud-mouthed fans keep begging for me to take Cobb out of special teams, I do that, then they jump down my throat, sheesh! However, as for the run game, meh, we play in a warm weather climate where being one-dimensional is A-OK, especially around playoff time. It worked for Andy Reid!

Anyway, too much talk about me, back to you Dommy-boy. you do raise a point about size and getting blown off the ball with our 3 Dl and string bean LBs going against 5 300+ lb linemen. What if we put 4 wide loads up front on the line? Pfft nah, forget that idea, who'd ever try that?


***sorry zero, I stole your bit for a second***
Offline RajiRoar  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:26:59 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 1,030
Joined: 9/30/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 36
Applause Received: 185

"Listen to me as hard as you fat f*ckin' lazy-eyed bitch. If you say one more word to me...if you even LOOK at me...I am going to be eating my f*cking cereal out of the bottom of your f*cking skull."

"C'mon Jarrett this b*tch ain't doin sh*t"


Middle Finger





Mike McCarthy Crying


MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.0 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.543 seconds.