Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline gbguy20  
#16 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 12:07:20 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 210
Applause Received: 285

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
The hypotheticals there are immense. Fact of note is he has made none, neither trades nor FA signings, with 2 seasons of the exact same needs staring him right in the face: pass rush opposite Matthews.

True or no? He had time to try to address this even after Perry was lost for the year.

Two years later, we still see Walden and Zombo out there. You may call it "bitching," but these are very real problems, and concerns there are not unfounded.

The fact that you are holding it against him for not replacing a player midseason is kind of ridiculous, and when you cool off from last night you will realize that. I'll play ball with your other comment though, who should he have signed in the offseason then?
call me Dan
Offline play2win  
#17 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 12:48:08 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
The fact that you are holding it against him for not replacing a player midseason is kind of ridiculous, and when you cool off from last night you will realize that. I'll play ball with your other comment though, who should he have signed in the offseason then?

No, I hold it against Ted Thompson for letting this go on for two years. I like Ted, a lot, but this is exactly what killed us LAST year. Would you not, as GM, have had plans A, B, and C at the ready to increase pass rush, after the worst defense in NFL history was notched up there by YOUR team?

I don't have the answers, but it is clear the one guy who should have didn't either. I'm just a fan, but I've followed this team for 50 yrs. We have a ton of potential, but it all goes to waste when these important areas of the team go unchecked.
Online Zero2Cool  
#18 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 12:55:06 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,990
Applause Received: 2,283

I don't think Mike McCarthy will fire Kevin Greene, maybe promote, but not fire. Erik Walden filled in very well for Nick Perry when he was spelled from time to time. No team in the NFL has 22 starting caliber backups at each starting position and DEMANDING as such is absurdly unreasonable.

Kevin Greene is doing fine.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#19 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 12:58:19 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 210
Applause Received: 285

How many players could he possibly have at 1 position?
call me Dan
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#20 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 2:38:00 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

I love it. After a loss everyone that is anyone criticizes everyone on the Packers. Even the players that play their hearts out.

Here's my thoughts:

For the defense, for as good as Capers has been the fist 2 seasons with us. We need to find someone new. Maybe even get a whole new defensive staff. Or else this scheme is gonna get picked apart from year to year. It happens guys.
Compared to 2010, injures caught up to us. We lost all our pass rushers and d-line depth plus the secondary didn't play good enough down the stretch, especially in run support.
Offline QCHuskerFan  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 1:06:24 PM(UTC)
QCHuskerFan

Applause Given: 109
Applause Received: 173

TT is a dumba**. He could have traded for any defensive player he wanted in midseason. He had the perfect trade material. Who wouldn't have wanted Rodgers in a trade in mid October?

Sarcasm.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 1/15/2013(UTC)
Online yooperfan  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:26:26 PM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 674
Applause Received: 325

In a word: No.
Offline Porforis  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 3:36:09 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 174
Applause Received: 334

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan Go to Quoted Post
TT is a dumba**. He could have traded for any defensive player he wanted in midseason. He had the perfect trade material. Who wouldn't have wanted Rodgers in a trade in mid October?

Sarcasm.

Hey, I was saying we should trade Rodgers for Ponder. Rodger's last game? His backup torches the Lions for 400+ yards.

And look at the Vikings when Ponder went down.

Therefore, Ponder >>> Rodgers.
UserPostedImage
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:47:54 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
The hypotheticals there are immense. Fact of note is he has made none, neither trades nor FA signings, with 2 seasons of the exact same needs staring him right in the face: pass rush opposite Matthews.

True or no? He had time to try to address this even after Perry was lost for the year.

Two years later, we still see Walden and Zombo out there. You may call it "bitching," but these are very real problems, and concerns there are not unfounded.

Walden played well early in the season, so did Moses. So they felt confident sending Perry on IR and playing with those guys. They just didn't cut it when it counted.

I'm not blaming Ted Thompson or Mike McCarthy or Dom for this. They had to work with what they had. I bet there was nothing better out there.

We will probably part ways with Walden and Zombo out if they don't preform well. Which I think Walden will be gone. Zombo still has a chance. He's been hurt.
Offline Wade  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 6:27:02 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 694
Applause Received: 725

1. Walden: Walden's biggest problem IMO is his inconsistency. He's played great (e.g., playoff game against Minnesota, IMO). And he's played horrible (e.g., playoff game against SF). I give him a bit of a mulligan for 2011 because of "home/personal issues" -- regardless of who is in right or not, those things can affect productivity in many ways. But I don't know what to think given 2012's performance. Where does consistency come from? Can it be developed by the right coach? Is it a question of "growing up"? Can he do a James Jones and go from maddingly inconsistent to a rock? Based on how "the light went on" or whatever you want to call it happened with Jones, I want Walden back AND competing for a starting spot.
2. Perry. Jury's still out here. If the key word for Walden is "inconsistent", the key word for Perry is "potential". He's a first rounder, so the potential is clearly there. But prior to his injury, had he really shown all that much since being drafted. I'm not saying he won't be a great player. Though I'm on record as saying at the time I didn't like the pick, I think he does have to be considered the front-runner/presumptive starter in 2013 because of his draft position. I think it's his job to lose.
3. Free agency. It's almost pointless to talk about big names, since it is so unlikely that Ted Thompson will ever be a major player at the beginning of free agency, but what do people think of Avril from Detroit. I seem to recall a story somewhere that Detroit is *not* going to be franchising him this go-round. Would he fit the Packer system? Is he overrated/underrated? Is he someone worth "over-spending"?
4. Greene (original thread). I think the Packers interior underperformed big time in the SF game. It seems to me the ILBs were part of that, and so it is a black mark for Greene in my book. But the failure in the center was so systematic (Raji was back to his first-2/3rds-of-season underwhelming, as was the secondary; even my man, Ryan Pickett, had a less than stellar game in-between the plays he missed because of injury). I think all the defensive coaches deserve more scrutiny because of it, but I don't think Greene should be singled out.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline wpr  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 6:39:30 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,236
Applause Received: 1,556

Isn't Green the OLB coach? I don't know who is responsible for coaching the inside ones.
UserPostedImage
Online Zero2Cool  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 6:40:03 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,990
Applause Received: 2,283

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
Isn't Green the OLB coach? I don't know who is responsible for coaching the inside ones.

Winston Moss.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 6:51:15 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Winston Moss.

That's right. I knew someone had the position. I looked at he website and he is not under the defense. He is listed under HC.
Code:

Head Coach

Mike McCarthy
    Winston Moss - Assistant Head Coach/Inside Linebackers

Offensive Coaches

Tom Clements - Offensive Coordinator
    Edgar Bennett - Wide Receivers
    James Campen - Offensive Line
    Jerry Fontenot - Tight Ends
    Joel Hilgenberg - Assistant Offensive Line
    Ben McAdoo - Quarterbacks
    John Rushing - Offensive Assistant/Special Teams
    Alex Van Pelt - Running Backs

Defensive Coaches

Dom Capers - Defensive Coordinator
    Kevin Greene - Outside Linebackers
    Scott McCurley - Defensive Quality Control
    Darren Perry - Secondary - Safeties
    Mike Trgovac - Defensive Line
    Joe Whitt Jr. - Secondary - Cornerbacks

Special Teams Coaches

Shawn Slocum - Special Teams Coordinator
    Chad Morton - Special Teams Assistant

Strength & Conditioning Staff

Mark Lovat - Strength & Conditioning Coordinator
    Thadeus Jackson - Strength & Conditioning Assistant
    Zac Woodfin - Strength & Conditioning Assistant
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 6:53:34 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

I finally found a code that works for me without doing a 1000 edits. Applause
UserPostedImage
Online yooperfan  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 8:26:20 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 674
Applause Received: 325

I'm curious, I don't see an inside linebackers coach on the roster.
Winston Moss was but now it appears that they have none.
What's up with that?
Rss Feed