Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
7 Pages«<23456>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Cheesey  
#46 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 4:15:11 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
This is the delusional position that I have a real hard time with. I wouldn't trust my next door neighbor to scoop the dog shit out of my back yard. Am I to somehow believe some good samaritan is going to take on a dangerous criminal to save me?

This whole position is very weak. The best thing the pro gun crowd can go with is that you need a rifle to shoot big game, a shotgun to shoot birds, and a handgun in the nightstand to protect your home. But when they go on about the "good" guys packing heat to shoot bad guys old west style - you lose my support on the issue. And as far as I'm concerned, the pro gun crowd loses the assault rifle debate.

"Delusional"?
You know, the ONLY reason someone might NOT help you is that they would be worried about getting in trouble for it. The same reason people don't want to get "involved" in helping in a car accident, or when someone is battering a woman.
Maybe if people would start looking out for each other, this country would be better off.
Many domestic violence cases could be stopped if people would get involved. Same with bullying.
Too bad most people look the other way when these things happen.
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#47 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 5:14:39 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,299

Originally Posted by: Cheesey Go to Quoted Post
"Delusional"?
You know, the ONLY reason someone might NOT help you is that they would be worried about getting in trouble for it. The same reason people don't want to get "involved" in helping in a car accident, or when someone is battering a woman.
Maybe if people would start looking out for each other, this country would be better off.
Many domestic violence cases could be stopped if people would get involved. Same with bullying.
Too bad most people look the other way when these things happen.

Yes, delusional; most people do not stick their necks out for others. This kumbaya world some of you right wingers live in is so long gone it's laughable that some insist on reverting to it. Now, ethically are your standards correct, Cheesey - probably? It sure would be nice if the right wingers took this concern when it comes to caring for the poor instead of treating them like they pebbles in a shoe.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#48 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:59:33 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

Wow....i'm not sure how to respond.
Seems you got your political parties confused. The "Kumbaya" party is the LEFT! They believe that if you just take away ALL weapons from EVERYONE, that we all will just hold hands and sing that wonderful song.

And the right HATES poor people! Talk about stereotyping.
Hey....if you love the poor as much as you say, how about sending me $650 for my next month's rent, as i AM one of the poor.
We may become homeless in the next month. Not kidding.

As i said, this country used to "stick it's neck out" for each other. That's back when it wasn't a "horay for me, and screw you" mentality we have sadly come to reguard as "normal".

It goes along with the desire to remove GOD from everything.
And yes, when this was a Christian nation, we didn't have the amount of selfishness and crime that we have now.
It's "ME!ME!ME!" that has us where we are.
No one cares or wants to get involved.

The "new normal" is what has this country on the decline.

It is that way, but it doesn't mean i have to like it or accept it.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
68md on 1/16/2013(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#49 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:32:29 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

As a matter of fact Cheesey, a couple years ago I brought up the topic of helping you out with another member of the forum, but that poster thought you'd be offended - so I let it go. I know how everybody likes to call me an asshole for calling out the horrors of Republicans, but if you need the money that bad, then PM your address and I'll pay your rent for a month. Seems to me you should be collecting disability though. Isn't that why we all pay taxes.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool on 1/15/2013(UTC)
Offline dfosterf  
#50 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 4:32:02 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 366

As a matter of fact Cheesey, a couple years ago I brought up the topic of helping you out with another member of the forum, but that poster thought you'd be offended - so I let it go. I know how everybody likes to call me an asshole for calling out the horrors of Republicans, but if you need the money that bad, then PM your address and I'll pay your rent for a month. Seems to me you should be collecting disability though. Isn't that why we all pay taxes.

You are an asshole. No one called you a bad person, dick-wad.

I personally like you quite a bit, though it can at times be an extremely difficult position to defend. Ha Ha I'm Right!, as your philosophical views are completely WHACK, as a small example of how you roll... Duh! Flapper

imo

Edited by user Wednesday, January 16, 2013 5:08:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline DakotaT  
#51 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 5:15:13 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
You are an asshole. No one called you a bad person, dick-wad.

I personally like you quite a bit, though it can at times be an extremely difficult position to defend. Ha Ha I'm Right!, as your philosophical views are completely WHACK, as a small example of how you roll... Duh! Flapper

imo

You're the one living on the dole. Send some of my tax dollars over to Cheesey - he needs it not your pampered ass. You just like me cause I'm not intimidated by your bellicosity.
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#52 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 5:25:24 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

You're the one living on the dole. Send some of my tax dollars over to Cheesey - he needs it not your pampered ass. You just like me cause I'm not intimidated by your bellicosity.

My wife gives me an allowance off my Home Depot income. You should be sending me money. imo.

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline DakotaT  
#53 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 5:34:19 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

My wife gives me an allowance off my Home Depot income. You should be sending me money. imo.

I am, it's trickling down to you. Asshole
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#54 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 5:36:25 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

...and if Alan gets in a really tight spot he knows my e-mail also.
UserPostedImage

Offline dfosterf  
#55 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 8:00:51 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Five rounds in the magazine of a so-called assault rifle. I'm good with that, you wanna-be cop military clowns hosed yourselves.

Had you actually had to to deal with dicking with things like actually humping around 30- round mags, you'd be far more calm about the whole damn thing, imo

Wind

Weight < --------------------------

Springs

Rust

etc. etc. etc.

(My list)
UserPostedImage

Offline DakotaT  
#56 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 8:12:05 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Five rounds in the magazine of a so-called assault rifle. I'm good with that, you wanna-be cop military clowns hosed yourselves.

Had you actually had to to deal with dicking with things like actually humping around 30- round mags, you'd be far more calm about the whole damn thing, imo

Wind

Weight < --------------------------

Springs

Rust

etc. etc. etc.

(My list)

You got paid, what are you bitchin about?
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#57 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 8:25:24 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

I'm just sayin'.

All the shit that has everyone's panties in a wad was nothing more than a major pain in the ass, to us.

We fought hard to get so very far AWAY from all these weapons.

We were responsible, if stuck with 'em...which happens alot in the Marines...
to CLEAN 'EM.

For example, every single Marine has and will qualify with and CLEAN a personal rifle. It is, of course, one of your "assault" rifles.

He just calls it a lead weight.

That can SUCK, once you get very used to having them in an environment where everyone does...
UserPostedImage

Offline DakotaT  
#58 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 8:38:58 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

I'm just sayin'.

All the shit that has everyone's panties in a wad was nothing more than a major pain in the ass, to us.

We fought hard to get so very far AWAY from all these weapons.

We were responsible, if stuck with 'em...which happens alot in the Marines...
to CLEAN 'EM.

For example, every single Marine has and will qualify with and CLEAN a personal rifle. It is, of course, one of your "assault" rifles.

He just calls it a lead weight.

That can SUCK, once you get very used to having them in an environment where everyone does...

I knew what you were saying, but sometimes when you use Gunnyspeak the Laymen don't understand you.
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#59 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:07:38 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Here's what you need to get over yourself:

You need a great .22 <--- don't skimp here, this will probably be your favorite firearm.

You need a varmint rifle 22-250, maybe .223

You need a deer rifle .270 30-06, whatever

You may need several shotguns, dependent upon how you roll If only one, make it a 12 gauge. I personally think you need a 20 gauge also, but that could be greed.

You may feel you need a pistol for home defense, etc. You need a father figure far more first. Chances are quite decent that in this day and age the ONLY gun you bought is a pistol, probably an auto. That means you need training and are probably foolish on this whole gun-thing.

I have a revolver, it's my only pistol, I gave the rest to my little bro. Model 29 smith, .44 mag Med. barrel. I need nothing else. That is what I went in harm's way with, that is what I would defend with, not that I honestly give it that much thought.

You need the above shit to be semi-decent happy as a gun-owner.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:23:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

yooperfan on 1/17/2013(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#60 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:51:16 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

If you have a big penis, you don't need any guns. You get to marry a spoiled beautiful blonde girl, have three more blondes of your own; and then spend the rest of your life working your ass off to spoil everyone. Then you get to join a wonderful forum full of dumbasses that you get to take out all your frustrations on.

Speaking of working your ass off, Gunny you're on your own for that shingle job - I'll be balls deep in work until hunting season. Sorry, but I don't have a rich Daddy to pay my bills - or am I a dependent on the government like you.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed