Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline doddpower  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 8:17:36 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,087
Applause Received: 528

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
See.. and I thought for a second year player, Smith was giving us that boost as a coverage backer. Personally, I am really high on the rotation of Hawk, Bishop and Smith. I think with a bit more seasoning, Smith may become that an excellent player for this team and scheme.

Any concern about DJ Smith coming back from his injury? I thought it was pretty nasty.

Offline shield4life  
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 5:44:32 AM(UTC)
shield4life

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 24

What we need this off season:

Offense:

HB - WR - CENTER

*Let's hope Ted Thompson actually signs Steven Jackson this off season, rather have him over any HB that's on this team.

Steven Jackson / Benson / Harris

Defense:

MLB / DE / DT / Safety

IMO Safety & D-line most important voids to fill in.
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Offline shield4life  
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 5:46:27 AM(UTC)
shield4life

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 24

Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx Go to Quoted Post
I think Ted Thompson will spend the money in FA is he feels it's worth it but he won't reach. He did with Woodson. However, there aren't many FA's like that and he now has less cap room to work with.

Expect some players to be cut ...

Woodson / Hawk / Driver ... possibly 3 packers that won't be around ...

Saturday is gone too, can't seem to remember if he got a two year deal or just one.
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Offline QCHuskerFan  
#14 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 9:19:23 AM(UTC)
QCHuskerFan

Applause Given: 95
Applause Received: 160

There is no way Ted Thompson will ever ante up money for Jackson. And I pray to God in thanks for that.

Jackson is exactly why Ted Thompson doesn't play in the FA market. Why pay top/ high dollar for someone on the downhill side of their career? And Jackson is declining. Maybe if Jackson would sign for the minimum, ok. But anything above that? No.

Defensively, MLB is more of a need to me than safety. Hawk is average and needs replaced in 2014 anyway. Our next 2 are coming off major injuries and are a concern. Jones did well, all things considered, but... Upgrades are very necessary, in my opinion.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 1/17/2013(UTC)
Online RajiRoar  
#15 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 11:09:10 AM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 43
Applause Received: 256

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan Go to Quoted Post

Jackson is exactly why Ted Thompson doesn't play in the FA market. Why pay top/ high dollar for someone on the downhill side of their career? And Jackson is declining. Maybe if Jackson would sign for the minimum, ok. But anything above that? No.

I doubt he will go for minimum, but i'm pretty sure SJAX would be cheap, he wants a ring, not a payday.

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline play2win  
#16 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 11:36:15 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

There is no way Ted Thompson will ever ante up money for Jackson. And I pray to God in thanks for that.

Defensively, MLB is more of a need to me than safety. Hawk is average and needs replaced in 2014 anyway. Our next 2 are coming off major injuries and are a concern. Jones did well, all things considered, but... Upgrades are very necessary, in my opinion.

I agree. Harris will be great, if they just give the guy the carries. Green too.

As for Hawk, Ted invested quite a lot in him, and his ceilings are readily apparent. I thought he played much better this year, but he remains a bit of of a liability in coverage across the middle, and seems just a bit slow for the position. Brad Jones, while I thought his play improved as well, I just don't see him as a nose for the ball kind of MLB that we need to shut down the run at the line. He seems too small and has difficulty getting off blocks. His 2 sacks came against JAX and TEN. I thought his height would help him more in coverage.

We could use a real upgrade in the middle of our Linebacking corps. Right now, it seems we don't have those players you fear over the middle.

thanks Post received 1 applause.
QCHuskerFan on 1/17/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#17 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 12:07:35 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,704
Applause Received: 663

Offensive needs: C, WR, QB

Defensive needs: NT, OLB, S
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline play2win  
#18 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 1:09:17 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Do we switch to a 4-3? That could really factor in big with how we approach this draft.

NE made the switch last season, and it wasn't without some pain for them. DAL looks to be making the switch. A good 3-4 takes some special players, and we appear short on some of those up front. It will be interesting to see how they go from here to upgrade our D. Regardless of scheme, I do think MLB is a position calling out for an upgrade, even if Bish comes back.

Figure Perry and Worthy are both prototypical 4-3 players. It wouldn't take a whole lot to make that change. I would love to see some giants added to our DL, players who can bull rush to the passer, and who are stout against the run.
Offline QCHuskerFan  
#19 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 1:25:01 PM(UTC)
QCHuskerFan

Applause Given: 95
Applause Received: 160

I don't see the switch happening. Management likes the 3-4 because it is easier/ cheaper to find 8 LB's than it is to find 8 DL. The 3-4 is arguably better for special teams also because you have more LB's instead of DL available.

Then there is our current roster. CM3 is a special player in the 3-4. In the 4-3, he would be wasted. Much like Aaron Kampman was in the transition the other way. The difference is CM3>>>>> Kampy. So why would you make a change that essentially nullifies your best player? It would be like installing the Wildcat on Offense. If you take Aaron Rodgers away from the ball, the other team wins. Putting Matthews as a 4-3 LB would be to the advantage of the Bears, Lions, etc.

But I've been wrong before. Lots. More than anyone else, I bet. Just ask my wife.
Online RajiRoar  
#20 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 1:53:30 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 43
Applause Received: 256

CM3>>>>> Kampy.

dontchu talk bad about kampy!Shame on you

you used way too many ">"s.

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Rss Feed