Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
eap33  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 5:49:27 PM(UTC)
[align=center]Rouse

Woodson - Hawk - Barnett - Poppinga - Chillar - Harris

Jenkins - Jolly - Pickett - Kampman

I love having depth in the depth chart ;)[/align]

:-k :thumbleft: :thumbright: :wav:
pack_in_black  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 5:56:39 PM(UTC)
Just slide Poppy onto Jenkins' right side @ the LOS and you've got out likely short-yardage situation package, IMO. If they trot out only one WR, throw in Hodge or Bishop for Woody or Al, and it's a stout group.
eap33  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 6:02:00 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Just slide Poppy onto Jenkins' right side @ the LOS and you've got out likely short-yardage situation package, IMO. If they trot out only one WR, throw in Hodge or Bishop for Woody or Al, and it's a stout group.

Indeed :) I'm pretty excited for our D this year. Soooooooo deep.
wils0646  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 6:20:14 PM(UTC)
Isn't this the old 46 Defense the Bears used a while back?
Since69  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 6:52:54 PM(UTC)
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

UserPostedImage
Since69  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 6:53:37 PM(UTC)
:scratch: :scratch: :thumbleft:

UserPostedImage
Bigbyfan  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 7:20:41 PM(UTC)
What no Bigby? I'm insulted... :)

That would be nice, but I just don't think that we could consistently use that because the league is now a pass happy league. So that could not be our base defense, but it would be nice to see it thrown out there once and awhile.
zombieslayer  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 7:26:27 PM(UTC)
What no Bigby? I'm insulted... :)

That would be nice, but I just don't think that we could consistently use that because the league is now a pass happy league. So that could not be our base defense, but it would be nice to see it thrown out there once and awhile.

I'd take Rouse out and put in Bigby.
buckeyepackfan  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 8:43:44 PM(UTC)
:scratch: :scratch: :thumbleft:

UserPostedImage

:icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile:

Best 44 D I have seen yet.
Tiger  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 8:52:09 PM(UTC)
The defense my Amateur team here runs is a 4-4. The rover is a hyprid linebacker/safety. Aaron Rouse played this role at V-Tech.
eap33 you have Rouse playing the FS but in the 4-4 the Rover lines up as a weak side 4th Linebacker away from the TE. Its a good formation for running against heavy running teams, the triple option etc but any sort of spread offense will usually cause it problems.
WhiskeySam  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 9:04:13 PM(UTC)
Yep, you are begging a team to go three or four wide if you do that, and your linebackers will get burned trying to cover receivers out of the slot.
porky88  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2008 12:56:56 AM(UTC)
Yep, you are begging a team to go three or four wide if you do that, and your linebackers will get burned trying to cover receivers out of the slot.

This is a package you use in short yardage situation and you can bet the Packers would watch from the sideline on who the offense is subbing in. Green Bay obviously won't use this when teams go 4 and 5 wide which is normally on longer downs.

Against the teams in our division it'd be effective. Against a team like Indianapolis or Dallas it'd get torn apart. I think the Packers coaches are smart enough to know that.
TengoJuego  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2008 4:58:07 AM(UTC)
I wouldn't mind seeing it. 8 in the box with our roster...MAN!
eap33  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 7:12:10 PM(UTC)

This is a package you use in short yardage situation and you can bet the Packers would watch from the sideline on who the offense is subbing in. Green Bay obviously won't use this when teams go 4 and 5 wide which is normally on longer downs.

Against the teams in our division it'd be effective. Against a team like Indianapolis or Dallas it'd get torn apart. I think the Packers coaches are smart enough to know that.

Exaaaactly. Short yardage situations against a 2 TE Set or some other type of Jumbo package. Beastly. Of course I wouldn't expect them to throw a 4-4 D on the field against even a 3 wide set. That's just stupid. Just looking at the possibilities :)

And yeah, I love Atari Bigby. I was just going off of the assumption that Rouse was gonna get the start. I may be wrong :)
Cheesey  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 7:44:12 PM(UTC)
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

UserPostedImage
]
That is EXACTLY what came to mind for me!!!! :thumbleft:
Rss Feed