Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline doddpower  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 2:20:32 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 2,000
Applause Received: 487

Yeah, it seems very unlikely that Jennings will be a Packer in 2013. As others have said, he's simply more valuable to other teams than he is the Packers, even if he isn't quite as valuable as he thinks. I really can't imagine some other team not offering him more than the Packers would. Actually, since the Bengals have so much cap space ($55 million that one article said), that could be a great location for him. AJ Green, Jennings, and Gresham would be a nice receiving core. Although, Red Dalton is not a championship QB. However, they would be "contenders," in theory. The Texans, Patriots, Dolphins, Vikings, Bears, etc. etc. etc. could all use a guy like that, and many could find a way to afford him. It will be interesting to see how it works out, but I don't see him as a Packer in 2013. The guy does seem to get open a lot, though.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 3:34:15 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,911
Applause Received: 2,118

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
I've finally realized the best way to argue with you is to give you my opinion (which in time you'll learn to take as a fact Think ) and then let you do all the work to prove my opinion right. This way you don't get mad at me, I don't have to get frustrated with you, and we're all happy!

The fact that you spout off so much, with no factual support is why I have difficulty trusting your comments. You shout your opinion as gospel, as fact and no other opinion is relevant that differs from yours. How many times have you cited a source to backup your opinions stated as facts? When have you taken the time to research an opinion of yours to find factual proof to support your intuition?

I know what I do not know. You slack that department. :)

That's not to say I don't enjoy your comments, because I do. I just don't put much trust into them being factually accurate, lol.



Originally Posted by: doddpower Go to Quoted Post
The Texans, Patriots, Dolphins, Vikings, Bears, etc. etc. etc. could all use a guy like that, and many could find a way to afford him. It will be interesting to see how it works out, but I don't see him as a Packer in 2013. The guy does seem to get open a lot, though.

Anyone could find a way to fit him into their salary, the question is, what is the trade off and is the trade off worth it? Mathematically, I was thinking it would be fine considering his 2012 salary and the Donald Driver salary basically combine to equal the franchise tender. When reading his comments on being franchised, I had to discard my theory. Sure, not many players like the tag, but I've noticed Jennings being a lot more vocal this season than in years past. I could envision that being an issue.

So, after thinking more into it, I'd rather that tag cash of say $10 million allocated to some of our soon to be free agents to be after the 2013 season.
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 5:53:20 PM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post


Anyone could find a way to fit him into their salary, the question is, what is the trade off and is the trade off worth it? Mathematically, I was thinking it would be fine considering his 2012 salary and the Donald Driver salary basically combine to equal the franchise tender. When reading his comments on being franchised, I had to discard my theory. Sure, not many players like the tag, but I've noticed Jennings being a lot more vocal this season than in years past. I could envision that being an issue.

So, after thinking more into it, I'd rather that tag cash of say $10 million allocated to some of our soon to be free agents to be after the 2013 season.


I'm a little surprised by that, but it is understandable. I'm on the fence, and would rather fit him into our cap than see him in a Bear or Viking uniform. That's for sure. MIA, CIN and the like I don't care too much about, but I'd hate to see him with a division rival. Maybe the only way to guard against that is the tag.

I do agree his attitude seemed different this last year. And, not in a good way.
Offline play2win  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 6:04:36 PM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: Yerko Go to Quoted Post
His attitude lately is what has gotten to me as a fan and honestly now, I think he is toying with the fans. Just my opinion but taking a picture of your empty locker and asking fans to "like" it if you want him to stay or "comment" if you want him to play for another team is dumb. I believe a lot of his latest actions show he wants to have a fresh start somewhere and be THE GUY of that team. I was upset about the possibility of him going to another team before but when he doesn't want to be on the team I watch and like, it makes it a little easier to deal with his departure as a fan.


Yerko, thanks for the info & links. I didn't go far enough back in the comments before my last post, but yeah, makes more sense now. Really unfortunate. Kind of confirms his actions. Let him walk.
Offline doddpower  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 6:13:57 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 2,000
Applause Received: 487

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Anyone could find a way to fit him into their salary, the question is, what is the trade off and is the trade off worth it? Mathematically, I was thinking it would be fine considering his 2012 salary and the Donald Driver salary basically combine to equal the franchise tender. When reading his comments on being franchised, I had to discard my theory. Sure, not many players like the tag, but I've noticed Jennings being a lot more vocal this season than in years past. I could envision that being an issue.


Yeah, I understand any team COULD. But it would obviously be easier for a team like the Bengals who have large amounts of cap space available vs. a team like the Packers who have some space, but also have some huge money contracts coming up. Given the Packers current cap situation, other teams situations and needs at WR, and Jennings change in attitude, I just can't see him coming back. Let's be honest, if you were a Bengals, Dolphins, or almost any other team that could reasonably afford Jennings without losing anyone else, who wouldn't want him? I know if I was a fan of those teams I would want/expect "my" team to make an effort to sign him. He can still be a very effective player and a #1 WR, or elite #2, at worse. I hope Jennings finds what he is looking for. Unfortunately for all parties involved, I just don't think it's with the Packers. It happens. Hopefully the Packers are awarded a 3rd round compensatory pick for losing him though.

Offline DakotaT  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 6:49:16 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 658
Applause Received: 1,347

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
The fact that you spout off so much, with no factual support is why I have difficulty trusting your comments. You shout your opinion as gospel, as fact and no other opinion is relevant that differs from yours. How many times have you cited a source to backup your opinions stated as facts? When have you taken the time to research an opinion of yours to find factual proof to support your intuition?

I know what I do not know. You slack that department. :)

That's not to say I don't enjoy your comments, because I do. I just don't put much trust into them being factually accurate, lol.




Well to quote Digs, Zero you wouldn't know a pigskin from a foreskin. So I'm suppose to bow down to your research? Screw that! I wasn't wrong on DD because I watched his decline to eventual suckage that we paid close to $2 million for this year. Yet everyone told me how wrong I was. We cut him two years too late - FACT, only you heard from me a long time ago. What else you have little boy? Big Grin
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 7:01:24 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,911
Applause Received: 2,118

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Well to quote Digs, Zero you wouldn't know a pigskin from a foreskin. So I'm suppose to bow down to your research? Screw that! I wasn't wrong on DD because I watched his decline to eventual suckage that we paid close to $2 million for this year. Yet everyone told me how wrong I was. We cut him two years too late - FACT, only you heard from me a long time ago. What else you have little boy? Big Grin


lol I never want anyone to bow to me, or my research, son. Who's talking about Donald Driver? Why do you keep beating that drum when you're the only one talking about him in a Greg Jennings thread? lol ... senile bastid! :P What you got on Greg Jennings, anything, huh? Yea....
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 7:33:59 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 658
Applause Received: 1,347

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
lol I never want anyone to bow to me, or my research, son. Who's talking about Donald Driver? Why do you keep beating that drum when you're the only one talking about him in a Greg Jennings thread? lol ... senile bastid! :P What you got on Greg Jennings, anything, huh? Yea....


I've already told you, but since you dismiss anything without research... Big Grin

We should make an effort to sign Greg to a three year deal. If he balks, then let him walk. Since you already flip flopped - your research and opinion have the credibility of Romney. I think we'll be seeing Nelson and Jones outside and Cobb and a rookie in the slot. Greg's toast. Fact. Shame on you
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 7:43:28 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

United States
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 187
Applause Received: 410

We have to husband our resources to pay Aaron Rodgers.

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.



Offline Zero2Cool  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:17:38 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,911
Applause Received: 2,118

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
I've already told you, but since you dismiss anything without research... Big Grin

We should make an effort to sign Greg to a three year deal. If he balks, then let him walk. Since you already flip flopped - your research and opinion have the credibility of Romney. I think we'll be seeing Nelson and Jones outside and Cobb and a rookie in the slot. Greg's toast. Fact. Shame on you


Let me get this straight. If I ignorantly ignore further information about a subject, I'm a stubborn unreasonable ass. However, if I am reasonable and re-evaluate a theory after more information has been introduced, I'm a flip-flopper with no credibility? It's like communicating with a woman! Damned if ya do, damned if ya don't!!

I'd like to see him here, if he wanted to be here. After reading his comments and listening to some of his recent interviews, I think mentally he's closed the door on the Packers chapter of his career and wants to move on.

I could see Jordy Nelson and James Jones starting, with Randall Cobb playing slot.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:17:56 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,911
Applause Received: 2,118

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
We have to husband our resources to pay Aaron Rodgers.



wtf
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:28:37 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

United States
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 187
Applause Received: 410

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
wtf


wtf

Best players in entire league QB's must be paid, I've heard, as an example.

Even some of you commie dems can possibly figure out that the NFL is not Obama-world. It's a salary cap. That news is off-season, and so Republican-like, I understand how it might possibly go right -over-the-head.

You have to TAKE from Peter to pay Paul.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:39:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.



Offline DakotaT  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:38:18 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 658
Applause Received: 1,347

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Let me get this straight. If I ignorantly ignore further information about a subject, I'm a stubborn unreasonable ass. However, if I am reasonable and re-evaluate a theory after more information has been introduced, I'm a flip-flopper with no credibility? It's like communicating with a woman! Damned if ya do, damned if ya don't!!

I'd like to see him here, if he wanted to be here. After reading his comments and listening to some of his recent interviews, I think mentally he's closed the door on the Packers chapter of his career and wants to move on.

I could see Jordy Nelson and James Jones starting, with Randall Cobb playing slot.


Well I live with four blondes, that sh*t rubs off after a while. LOL
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 1/22/2013(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:40:51 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 658
Applause Received: 1,347

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
wtf

Best players in entire league QB's must be paid, I've heard, as an example.



Watch out you dumb bastard, Zero will be asking you to cite your sources. Big Grin

Whatever happened to old guys getting respect cause we've just seen more sh*t?

Just playin boys!!!!!!!!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:55:33 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

United States
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 187
Applause Received: 410

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Watch out you dumb bastard, Zero will be asking you to cite your sources. Big Grin

Whatever happened to old guys getting respect cause we've just seen more sh*t?

Just playin boys!!!!!!!!!!


Your lifetime South Dakota barn-shovel-job of schlepping horse-manure, cow-dung, and pig-slop counts also as seeing the sh*t as an old guy?

Upon reflection, I see that also, Laugh


totally funnin', and I think I'm funny, so that's the important thing.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 22, 2013 9:12:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.



 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
4 Pages<1234>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.398 seconds.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

2h / Random Babble / Smokey

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / macbob

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

6h / Random Babble / Gilligan

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

7h / Random Babble / Smokey

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

8h / Random Babble / Cheesey

8h / Random Babble / Cheesey

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann


Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.