Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 12:36:08 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 400
Applause Received: 1,078

My opinion of Rodgers is the fun aspect of the game has disappeared.. this season rarely did you see him smile on the field.

Is it expectations catching up to him?

Is it other aspects of his life have overtaken his passion for the game?

Or maybe he is succumbing to chatter in the press about him, the criticisms have become to important within his cranium.

But something seemed to be amiss, the emotion was lessened and the smile almost non-existent.

At the end of the day it still should be a game... upon the field, let the business aspect control the rest except the 60 minutes of play upon the field. That should be fun.. and if it is not, either loosen up a bit or it may be time to get out.

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 1/23/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 12:51:20 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,229

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
I guess it is all about how you read the comment.. "it's worth looking into" isn't openly asking him to be signed but also isn't not offering his opinion on the topic.

Also, "Bring him on" in reference to Lynch.

Yes, it is not Randy Moss proportions.

But go ahead on continue on with your point.. we just happen to disagree on the comments. To me, it is a suggestion upon personnel. Subtle but yet there based on his media clout.

My context for the comments is that players have opinions.. why should we crush one and not the other for "overstepping" their bounds. They are both players and not coaches or General Managers.. basically this deal with the interview question is minor compared to other points on Aaron Rodgers comments in the press.

I didn't take his comments in response to being asked about Chad Clifton as he was asking for Chad Clifton to be signed. That's all. I see where you are coming from though. He kind of threw the bone in front of the dog, but can still backtrack (to so speak) and say he didn't give the dog the bone.

I'm not sure if this started earlier, but I noticed this season I started to like Aaron Rodgers less. I think he's a great QB, one of the top 3 (I can't name two better that I'd rather have), but I think him yelling at James Jones on the field, the throwing a fit at Mike McCarthy after the red flag, a few comments in his post game interview ... I just think he's getting too many free passes for things and not held accountable as he should.

McCarthy was able to knock Brett Favre down a peg or two ... now he (my opinion) needs to do the same with Rodgers.

"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline doddpower  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 1:31:07 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,096
Applause Received: 530

I think any issues Rodgers, McCarthy, or anyone else MAY have had this season or now (after examination under a microscope, essentially), have more to do with a talented team not meeting expectations and losing more than anything else. As always, the best cure to any of these things is to win more. Win more regular season games perhaps, but even more so, at least make it out of the divisional round and be competitive in the NFC Championship game. A loss like the Packers suffered in the divisional round is likely to leave many finger pointing and nitpicking at possibly insignificant actions in the minds of those actually a part of the organization.

So as has been said many times already, add a few more pieces, and seriously contend for the Super Bowl and it's almost guaranteed silly little issues like these will magically resolve themselves, with the exception of the few who cling onto anything they can find to "prove" their point. Color me not concerned about anything at all, other than a little more talent, development, and better coaching, with the latter being the most crucial aspect. I'm sorry if I'm repeating myself, but it's just what I believe.
Porforis on 1/23/2013(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 3:14:22 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 400
Applause Received: 1,078

I thought Rob Reischel authored a book on Rodgers.. interesting how his opinion of Rodgers has changed in less than 2 years.

Quote:
Eau Claire (WQOW) -- Rob Reischel, author of a new book on Aaron Rodgers entitled, "Leader Of The Pack," is in Eau Claire, Wednesday evening.

Reischel, a writer for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and Packers Plus, has covered the team for the past ten seasons, and has spent a lot of time with Rodgers since the QB joined the Packers in 2005.

About the book, Reischel says, "There's a lot of fun tips and fact in there about what Aaron went through in high school and in junior college just to play. There's a great story in the book about how Aaron, when he got to junior college, wore number four. Why? Because he loved Brett Favre. And we all know how that relationship went south so fast."

Reischel says in the time he's covered the Packers, he's never seen a player progress as far and as fast as Rodgers. According to Reischel, Rodgers has done that throughout his entire career.

"Aaron was a five-foot, two-inch, 130-pound freshman quarterback at his high school, and no one inside his high school thought he'd ever be the varsity quarterback, I think is a really unique story, things like that, through the book, that kind of take you back to the whole theme and premise of Aaron overcoming obstacles, and kind of beating the odds, every step of the way through, and eventually winning a Super Bowl."

For a signed copy of the book, contact the author: robreischel@gmail.com

"Leader Of The Pack" is also available at all major book stores, including Borders and Amazon.com, or directly from the publisher: Triumphbooks.com
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 3:38:50 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

I know my opinion of him is different now than it was two years ago. As we learn more, we have a bigger pallet to form an opinion.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Yerko  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 4:40:10 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 263

"While no Packers players have publicly criticized Rodgers,"

...that's where the article should have ended or possibly just completely erased and never published?

Blake Baratz, Shannon Sharpe, and Valyncia Jennings...what do all three have in common?

UserPostedImage
Offline porky88  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 4:52:31 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 195
Applause Received: 409

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
This was 14 hours after the end of the Divisional Round game, unless I misread that. He's not using Sharpe or Finley agent or Jennings sister as individual sources, he's saying where there is smoke, there is fire.

What doesn't smell right is a quarterback thinking he's above others, including his own coach.

As for the timing of it, well, you pump out all of your game related articles first as per that is most current. You go into your reserve bag for material and work your way through.

He's using the three comments as a way to backup his headline. Simply put, those are terrible individuals to use. Get me a quote from inside the locker room. That's what I don't understand. I highly doubt he didn't ask a player about this topic. I'm also sure he'd promise to keep the name anonymous. Yet, we don't even have that.

In today's age, everything is immediately put out there. None the reporters even made a tweet. Nobody posted in a blog. You think Jsonline could've updated their blog with the item. It just doesn't smell right. It smells like a way of garnering page hits because the Super Bowl isn't until next week.

Rodgers is not above criticism, but this seems like a stretch.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 5:56:06 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: porky88 Go to Quoted Post
It smells like a way of garnering page hits because the Super Bowl isn't until next week.

With all due respect, that is exactly what every advertisement riddled website is aiming to garner, lol.

UserPostedImage
porky88 on 1/23/2013(UTC)
Offline Dulak  
#34 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:16:33 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 104

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post

Rodgers failed his physical. If word was out he failed his physical, then two weeks later plays in a scrimmage game of touch and gets hurt, everyone would jump his ass for it.

Rodgers has ankle an knee issues, that is why he's not playing in the Pro Bowl.

My wife was wondering why our QB looks pudgy and out of shape (from pics on the net). I didnt know what to say.

Offline Porforis  
#35 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:28:45 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: Dulak Go to Quoted Post
My wife was wondering why our QB looks pudgy and out of shape (from pics on the net). I didnt know what to say.

"Whew, for once I stack up favorably with an NFL quarterback!"
UserPostedImage
Offline mikeonbass  
#36 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 9:30:36 AM(UTC)
mikeonbass

United States

Applause Received: 2

love the"leadership" questions brought up on Rodgers. It's largely predicated on supposed statements by Findley's agent and Jenning's wife and sister. Let's break it down shall we?
First Findley has publicly stated he wants to be the highest paid TE in the league. Problem is the last couple years he has dropped alot of balls and blocks like a girl. His agent seeing money flying out the window attempts to deflect criticism of his guy by tempting you to believe its all Rodgers fault for "not being on the same page". Good luck with that garbage.
Then there is Jennings wife and sister. This was the year for Greg to make a splash for a big payday for next year. Because he was hurt most the year it didnt happen. He comes back for the last few games and is in "catch up" mode. His wife and sister seeing dollars going down he drain want Rodgers to throw Jennings the ball on every pass play so he can be "showcased". Doesnt happen. Rodgers spreads the ball around as usual so hence the "rant". It's all pretty obvious.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Zero2Cool on 1/25/2013(UTC), Mucky Tundra on 1/26/2013(UTC)
Offline gbguy20  
#37 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 9:40:03 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

fucking findley's agent ruining everything
call me Dan
Offline earthquake  
#38 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 11:52:31 AM(UTC)
earthquake

Applause Given: 194
Applause Received: 63

Originally Posted by: mikeonbass Go to Quoted Post
love the"leadership" questions brought up on Rodgers. It's largely predicated on supposed statements by Findley's agent and Jenning's wife and sister. Let's break it down shall we?
First Findley has publicly stated he wants to be the highest paid TE in the league. Problem is the last couple years he has dropped alot of balls and blocks like a girl. His agent seeing money flying out the window attempts to deflect criticism of his guy by tempting you to believe its all Rodgers fault for "not being on the same page". Good luck with that garbage.
Then there is Jennings wife and sister. This was the year for Greg to make a splash for a big payday for next year. Because he was hurt most the year it didnt happen. He comes back for the last few games and is in "catch up" mode. His wife and sister seeing dollars going down he drain want Rodgers to throw Jennings the ball on every pass play so he can be "showcased". Doesnt happen. Rodgers spreads the ball around as usual so hence the "rant". It's all pretty obvious.

While I agree with what you're saying, wasn't Jenning's wife one of the first to come out and say his sister's comments didn't represent their(Greg and his wife's) views? Maybe I'm mistaken though.
blank
Offline mikeonbass  
#39 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 9:19:08 AM(UTC)
mikeonbass

United States

Never saw anything about Jenning's wife making statements after this all came out. Ironically Greg has been doing quite a bit to showcase himself nationally in the rather silly "Old Spice" commercials. I also want to be clear when healthy I believe he is the best reciever on the team and still young. Your going to lose him regardless. Its a matter of salary cap. There are a number of teams with poor recievers that will pay him alot of dough. Jacksonville comes to mind.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#40 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 9:24:30 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: mikeonbass Go to Quoted Post
Never saw anything about Jenning's wife making statements after this all came out. Ironically Greg has been doing quite a bit to showcase himself nationally in the rather silly "Old Spice" commercials. I also want to be clear when healthy I believe he is the best reciever on the team and still young. Your going to lose him regardless. Its a matter of salary cap. There are a number of teams with poor recievers that will pay him alot of dough. Jacksonville comes to mind.

What do you think the compensation pick will be for 2014 if/when Greg Jennings signs elsewhere?

UserPostedImage
Offline mikeonbass  
#41 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 9:52:10 AM(UTC)
mikeonbass

United States

No higher than second -- I would guess a third round pick for sure
Offline gbguy20  
#42 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 2:59:41 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

Isn't a 3rd as high as compensatory picks go?
call me Dan
Offline Packfan87  
#43 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 3:04:45 PM(UTC)
Packfan87

United States

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 5

I find this pretty funny. People are pulling for a story that isn't there.

This wouldn't be a story if they had won.
Offline earthquake  
#44 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 3:33:29 PM(UTC)
earthquake

Applause Given: 194
Applause Received: 63

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post

Yes I think so.
blank
Offline yooperfan  
#45 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 5:59:04 PM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 637
Applause Received: 295

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post

That is correct.

Offline dhazer  
#46 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 7:24:03 AM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 203

Originally Posted by: Packfan87 Go to Quoted Post
I find this pretty funny. People are pulling for a story that isn't there.

This wouldn't be a story if they had won.

But the thing is they lost 2 years in a row very badly. And I was totally against Rodgers at first and wouldn't crown him a great qb until he did it for a few years in a row and I was also saying watch he will become a diva. Then he did it a few years in a row and I respected that and gave him the props. Then comes this year with his antics and as was said so many times this year his play was all about the big plays. How many times did he have guys wide open for that little 7 yard pass for the first down but he would air it out deep into double coverage. Remember when he said he learned alot watching Lord Favre (move the safetys with his eyes) but did he also learn the deep ball is more spectacular and bad plays will be forgiven because he is the qb of the Packers and won a Super Bowl and MVP. But as far as him being a leader I don't see it really, I don't see guys willing to follow him and believe he will always get it done. We will see what happens when contract talks come up and the kind of leaders we have. Will we have a leader that is willing to restructure his contract to better the team or will it be all about the money. People forget the 90's team had leaders that would redo their contracts (and yes I know they got more money in the end) to sign players they wanted on the team. Favre did it a few times and so did Butler and White. Off topic a little but I see a leader as a guy like Ray Lewis, I have been watching alot of things on him lately and it is wild how his whole team listens to his every word. As they say he is our general and we will put it all on the line for him.

Back about Rodgers I also agree with some comments that he didn't look like he was having fun this year, cmon look at alot of the big games and you hardly saw any emotion from him. The playoffs he should have been pumped up and having fun and getting his team going, not sitting around like oh well I will be getting paid.

Could it be the Super Bowl win actually ruined Rodgers and took that chip off his shoulder and he fell into the Diva category? I am happy he is our QB but i am really worried that I was right at first and he will become a diva and its all about him.

UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline Packfan87  
#47 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 7:59:42 AM(UTC)
Packfan87

United States

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 5

You can criticize his on the field play all you want but I still fail to see what he has done to fall into the diva category. Do we really want a QB is is politically correct 100% of the time and shows no character in interviews? When he calls out a teammate or starts making unrealistic demands I'll stop supporting him.

Nobody here knows what it's like in the locker-room, so until a player says something I don't buy it. It's way too early to start throwing him under the bus.
Rss Feed