Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline blueleopard  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 12:05:04 PM(UTC)
blueleopard

Applause Received: 60

http://football.realgm.c...wks_interested_in_revis/

Of course, I don't see it possible since we never let information get leaked, and Ted isn't the kind of GM to aggressive in trade deals for actual players. Not to mention the 49ers are mentioned. Why would they already be talked about when they still have a game left to play?

However, there is a lot of value to be had in Revis if he really were to be given up for a mere 2nd round pick. We're talking the best corner the NFL here.

My View: Not gonna happen. Revis isn't exactly Packers people. Despite his obvious talent, the fact that he's already holdout on his contract twice says a lot about him. Not to mention we don't exactly have HUGE problems with our secondary. On that note, we can't afford him either... unless we got rid of both Woodson and Tramon, which actually isn't outside the realm of possibility.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Sponsor
Offline gbguy20  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 12:07:47 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 280

bullshit leak. we're not interested.
call me Dan
Offline Pack93z  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 12:09:02 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,022

The speculation, and I mean S*P*E*C*U*L*A*T*I*O*N is the utmost extent as we know the Packers don't have leaks in their personnel department, so it can't be anything but speculation of the media's part.

But it doesn't make any sense.. at least to me.

First.. there is the 9 million in a 2013 contract, for a team that has cap questions already, that is a large contract to absorb.

Second, the final three years are voidable if he reports to camp each season.

Third, he is coming off a ACL and may be a unknown for the upcoming season.

And finally, we have Williams, Haywood and House under contract and more than likely will keep Shields in the fold. Do we need to invest in Revis, with his almost yearly contract issues?

And I haven't even approached the return we would have to give to get him...

Quote:
Word surfaced earlier in the week that new Jets general manager John Idzik might be open to moving Revis, who can become a free agent after 2013. Several teams, including the Broncos, 49ers, Seahawks and Packers are mentioned as being potentially interested. The report also says the Patriots and Bills would be on that list, except for the fact that the Jets won't trade Revis inside the AFC East.

Source...

On the flip side.. flipping Woodson for Revis, if he can return healthy.. the contracts would be a wash and Revis would give us more coverage flexibility.

Summary, I don't see a fit here in Green Bay.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 12:11:07 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,022

Two posts same minutes.. Blueleopard had the edge by less than a minute.. ;)

Zero.. please merge..
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 12:21:12 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,841
Applause Received: 1,994

http://www.cbssports.com...for-possible-revis-trade

I think, aside from WR, the next best 'depth' position the Packers have is cornerback. Only way this happens is if Jermichael Finley and Charles Woodson get traded for Darrelle Revis and this isn't Madden.

Not to mention, Packers could have Revis and Deion Sanders in their prime and if the front seven can't consistently make their presence known, it won't matter if it was two Jarrett Bush's out there.

Focus on the front seven on defense and front five on offense, the rest cascades to looking gooder.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Yerko  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 12:23:48 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 141
Applause Received: 228

I dislike this fake leak...

I do not like Revis as a player. Someone who demands two new contracts in a matter of years can go elsewhere. He is a headache.
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#7 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 4:07:42 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,297

Could we please just look at talent instead of the whole "Packer People" crap? Dumping Woodson for Revis at the cost of a low second round pick is the focus of this whole thing. That is a major age and talent upgrade, of course I am taking into account that Revis makes a full recovery. Think of the ripple effect this makes on our secondary. We haven't that kind of corner tandem since Harris & Wood int their prime. If Revis could return to shutdown form - that takes a lot of pressure off our defense.
UserPostedImage
Offline steveishere  
#8 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 5:33:33 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 39
Applause Received: 804

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Could we please just look at talent instead of the whole "Packer People" crap? Dumping Woodson for Revis at the cost of a low second round pick is the focus of this whole thing. That is a major age and talent upgrade, of course I am taking into account that Revis makes a full recovery. Think of the ripple effect this makes on our secondary. We haven't that kind of corner tandem since Harris & Wood int their prime. If Revis could return to shutdown form - that takes a lot of pressure off our defense.

Think of the ripple effect when he demands QB money
Offline porky88  
#9 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 6:18:18 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 178
Applause Received: 335

Is it a reaction to Calvin Johnson?

I'm skeptical about the legitimacy of Green Bay's interest, but I do see logic behind the suggestion. It's Green Bay's way of countering Calvin Johnson.
Offline wpr  
#10 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 6:59:43 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,747
Applause Received: 1,317

Ain't gonna happen. Uncle teddy won't give up a #2 pick for a 1 year player with injury issues who will make huge demands for money.

If they let Greg walk because he wants too much why would they give up a draft pick to bring someone else in who want top dollar? It is very anti TT.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Wade  
#11 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 7:31:20 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 630
Applause Received: 648

Revis isn't as good as I thought Nmandi Asomugha was when he was still in Oakland. And I was wrong about Asomugha.

Is Revis a shut down corner? Sure. Is he one of the best around, today? Yes, that, too, probably.

Is he worth the price he'll demand? Absolutely not. With the quality of GB's front seven play, Revis could be a combination of Adderley and Wood (and he's not either) and the Packers would still be unable to stop San Francisco.

Remember where he plays. Remember how much anything coming out of the bog outside of the Great Apple Core needs to be discounted.

No, no, and no again. For a third, sure. For a late second, maybe. For anything more, including any starter other than an OL not named Sitton, it would be as foolish as....well, almost as foolish as drafting RB or QB in the first round.

IMO
None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline RajiRoar  
#12 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 7:57:19 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 38
Applause Received: 217

I'd do it.

provided Woodson is out,

maybe toss Tramon in the deal and take it down to a 3rd.

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline RajiRoar  
#13 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 8:03:21 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 38
Applause Received: 217

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post

If they let Greg walk because he wants too much why would they give up a draft pick to bring someone else in who want top dollar? It is very anti TT.

Good corners are alot harder to get than good WRs.

Shields is a RFA, Tramon has not been worth his $$$ since 2011.

and Heyward is being payed peanuts for the next 3 years.

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 8:06:14 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,841
Applause Received: 1,994

Originally Posted by: RajiRoar Go to Quoted Post
Good corners are alot harder to get than good WRs.

The Packers aren't one good corner from being a Super Bowl contender. They need a better front line on defense, which will make the corners look much better.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
thanks Post received 1 applause.
yooperfan on 1/25/2013(UTC)
Offline K_Buz  
#15 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 6:52:21 AM(UTC)
K_Buz

Applause Given: 2
Applause Received: 19

I read the Jets were seeking a 1st AND 2nd for Revis.

Quote:
What's the asking price? The Jets reportedly are seeking an exorbitant package including first- and second-round picks. While that's shooting for the moon on a player coming off anterior cruciate ligament surgery and entering the final year of his contract, there is no shortage of potential trade partners. The New England Patriots, Denver Broncos, San Francisco 49ers, Buffalo Bills, Seattle Seahawks and Green Bay Packers are said to be among the teams "highly interested" in Revis.

http://www.nfl.com/news/...ts-trade-talk-heating-up
Rss Feed