Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline TheKanataThrilla  
#16 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 1:18:49 PM(UTC)
TheKanataThrilla

Canada

Applause Given: 140
Applause Received: 112

We use the phrase "Packer People" alot. Some of it is bullshit; some players are the example. Donald would definitely be my definition of the embodiment of the phrase.
"Stumbling from one disaster to another" Lost Together (Blue Rodeo)
Offline wpr  
#17 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 1:30:07 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,030
Applause Received: 1,467

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla Go to Quoted Post
We use the phrase "Packer People" alot. Some of it is bullshit; some players are the example. Donald would definitely be my definition of the embodiment of the phrase.

sure some of the "packer people" use is to get other posters all worked up. It is great sport.

UserPostedImage

Offline Yerko  
#18 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 4:49:23 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 152
Applause Received: 247

A sad, but happy day in Packers news. Donald Driver will always be known as one of the greatest players in Packers history as well as the greatest person off the field. This guys character is just amazing. I am also hopefully he comes back to the Packers in some sort of coaching/small time front office role.

Not many players get to play their entire careers with one organization and call it quits with them after so many years today. This is certainly a special day for Driver and his family.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#19 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 5:21:02 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 183
Applause Received: 409

Originally Posted by: 4PackGirl Go to Quoted Post
everytime i think of donald driver, it takes me back to the last Sunday before my dad passed away.
he was laying on the couch semi-comatose while i watched the Packers play. you see, i just had to be with my daddy during one more game.
favre threw a TD pass, i hollered, & my dad opened his eyes & said "was that driver?" i told him yes dad - driver did it again. he said "i really like that kid - he sure can catch". then closed his eyes again & went back in his coma-like state.
a precious moment i will never forget.
thank you so much for the memories 80.

Illy.....this makes me appreciate the fact that I got to spend a game with you and your Dad. He was a great man, and did a great job raising you!

Driver will always be one of my favorite players. Even though he was a "star", he STILL (unlike many players today) took time for us fans, signing autographs and talking with us.
He's an example of how NFL players SHOULD be!
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
4PackGirl on 2/5/2013(UTC)
Offline porky88  
#20 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:40:33 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 193
Applause Received: 397

One of the all-time Packers. He'll definitely go down as among the most popular players in team history.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#21 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2013 6:57:09 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,954
Applause Received: 2,186

Pretty neat he is retirement celebration is on the anniversary of the only Super Bowl he won.

Edit, okay, this doesn't sit well with me. You're retiring for the sake of the fans?

Donald Driver wrote:
I’ve always said I never want to wear another uniform. I’ve always said that I owe it to the fans to retire as a Packer.

I owe it to the fans to put the cleats up, I promised them years ago that I would never wear nothing but green and gold, so I owe it to them to walk away.

Message modified by user Friday, February 1, 2013 7:39:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#22 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2013 8:06:12 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,030
Applause Received: 1,467

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post

Edit, okay, this doesn't sit well with me. You're retiring for the sake of the fans?

Professional athletes get to where they are because of their mind set. They push themselves more than most. They don't have a "quit button". Thus it is hard for them to retire. It is not just Ol # 4 who had that problem. Most do. If this is the way he can justify it to himself (I am certain he believes he can still play at a high level.) let him do it.

Message modified by user Friday, February 1, 2013 8:14:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

yooperfan on 2/1/2013(UTC)
Offline gbguy20  
#23 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2013 11:20:54 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 206
Applause Received: 285

will be missed
call me Dan
Offline Cheesey  
#24 Posted : Saturday, February 2, 2013 10:32:05 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 183
Applause Received: 409

Wednesday is his big party at Lambeau Field.
I was gonna try to get a free ticket, but knew that they would be gone too fast.
I heard that they were snatched up in 15 minutes.
The saddest part is, the people that took them just so they could make a fast buck on EBAY.
Driver tweeted that no one should buy them.
Jerks took away from the REAL fans that wanted to be ther....like ME!
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2013 2:10:58 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 397
Applause Received: 1,075

Something relatively meaningless.. but still notable.

Driver is the last tie to the pre-Thompson era in Green Bay.. he is the last of the holdovers.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline cheeseheads123  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2013 10:57:16 AM(UTC)
cheeseheads123

Applause Given: 71
Applause Received: 114

Hope you guys caught Driver's press conference. Nothing but class
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2013 11:00:42 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,954
Applause Received: 2,186

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Something relatively meaningless.. but still notable.

Driver is the last tie to the pre-Thompson era in Green Bay.. he is the last of the holdovers.

Some would create a thread about this ... some.

(hint to anyone, not Shawn)
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2013 4:08:38 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 331
Applause Received: 443

“‘Drive’ has been a blessing to me from the moment I walked through the doors of the Lambeau Field facilities. I will cherish the locker and meeting room memories I was fortunate enough to have with him. I will always value the lessons he taught me on the field in showing me how and what it takes to become a great receiver. But the things he taught me about life, as far as being a father, son, brother, role model, and friend, will carry much more weight in my life both during and after my playing career. I’m thankful that the Lord crossed our paths and I can only hope and pray to have a career that he has had and make a difference in as many lives as he has. I have no doubt that whatever Donald’s next venture is, it will be enjoyable for whomever he comes in contact with because of the kind of person he is and that million-dollar smile. Drive, thanks for everything! God Bless, ‘The Kid’”
- Packers WR Randall Cobb

http://www.packers.com/n...b-46e0-9e5d-eb6d46d8b29a
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Zero2Cool on 2/6/2013(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2013 5:40:59 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,360

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
“‘Drive’ has been a blessing to me from the moment I walked through the doors of the Lambeau Field facilities. I will cherish the locker and meeting room memories I was fortunate enough to have with him. I will always value the lessons he taught me on the field in showing me how and what it takes to become a great receiver. But the things he taught me about life, as far as being a father, son, brother, role model, and friend, will carry much more weight in my life both during and after my playing career. I’m thankful that the Lord crossed our paths and I can only hope and pray to have a career that he has had and make a difference in as many lives as he has. I have no doubt that whatever Donald’s next venture is, it will be enjoyable for whomever he comes in contact with because of the kind of person he is and that million-dollar smile. Drive, thanks for everything! God Bless, ‘The Kid’”
- Packers WR Randall Cobb

http://www.packers.com/n...b-46e0-9e5d-eb6d46d8b29a

No wonder you always treated me like I was kicking your dog when I wanted the Packers to cut him. For me it was only about talent decline and cap money. I don't get emotionally attached to players. With that said - anybody want to buy a green or a white Jennings jersey?

Sorry Buckeye for arguing so much on this topic.
UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2013 10:53:40 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 206
Applause Received: 285

Green Bay Packers‏@packers

Street in Green Bay will be renamed Donald Driver Way. #Packers #Driver80

honestly shocked about this, considering they havent even done any renaming for Ted Thompson or McCarthy yet
call me Dan
Rss Feed