Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dfosterf  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2008 12:47:04 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 366

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Yesterday morning I came into work at 3am... when I started the truck it was -19... I think my morning chew froze before it hit the turf.. :lol:

Excellent pics.. I am looking for a place on the southeastern slope of Maui, just past Hana.

Hell with this cold. :lol:

Right state. Wrong island. Molokai, baby! (Yes, the one with the leper colony!)

Axis deer. All 6 pointers. Racks rivaling elk. Male AND female. All dress out WELL over 200 lbs. Island is full of them. Bahrd (sp?) doves. All you can shoot. Lace neck doves. All you can shoot. Pheasant galore. Same with quail. Wild pigs (dangerous, too), no snakes---mongoose got 'em. Terrain a little thick though, once I climbed a tree and didn't realize that I had done so.

Onion fields. Grain mountains exposed...for use to make breads etc. throughout the state. (The dove shot is an "incoming" one...they come from all over the Hawaiian Islands to the "piles"...gravel right NEXT to the grain, for the doves' "grit", like God invented it [I guess he did]) Some of the best hunting on earth, and no one knows about it. Don't tell anybody, though. :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Pack93z  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2008 12:50:30 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,022

Axis deer. All 6 pointers. Racks rivaling elk. Male AND female. All dress out WELL over 200 lbs. Island is full of them. Bahrd (sp?) doves. All you can shoot. Lace neck doves. All you can shoot. Pheasant galore. Same with quail. Wild pigs (dangerous, too), no snakes---mongoose got 'em. Terrain a little thick though, once I climbed a tree and didn't realize that I had done so.

Onion fields. Grain mountains exposed...for use to make breads etc. throughout the state. (The dove shot is an "incoming" one...they come from all over the Hawaiian Islands to the "piles"...gravel right NEXT to the grain, for the doves' "grit", like God invented it [I guess he did]) Some of the best hunting on earth, and no one knows about it. Don't tell anybody, though. :thumbleft:

Excellent.. I will have to float over to that island next time I am in the region.. seriously though.. at some point and time, I will be living on a remote part of one of the islands.. direct TV, a Generator and a few cane poles. :)
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2008 1:02:58 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Excellent.. I will have to float over to that island next time I am in the region.. seriously though.. at some point and time, I will be living on a remote part of one of the islands.. direct TV, a Generator and a few cane poles. :)

Oh, and the fishing doesn't exactly suck, either. No muskie :icon_smile: , but they do have some decent opportunities...

You can see the mount of this in a bar at Waikiki
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Pack93z  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2008 1:35:53 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

Speaking of fish.. one thing I will do before I take a dirt nap.. observe a great white shark.. I so wanted to be dropped in a cage last year when we were out there.. I didn't book far enough in advance..

I think it would be awesome to see that beast in the water..

UserPostedImage
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2008 9:25:42 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

UserPostedImage

CAPTION:
"Here we see a group of Minnesota Viking fans touring HELL, moments after the Vikings won the Super Bowl."
UserPostedImage
Offline MontanaBob  
#21 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2008 3:09:41 PM(UTC)
MontanaBob

Applause Received: 54

I'm here IronMan, and it's cold here. Has been the past 5 days. We have another storm coming in tonight and by Saturday the temp is suppossed to hit 28 below in Missoula, and we're usually one of the warm spots.

The coldest ever recorded temperature in the lower 48 states was in 1937 at Rogers Pass, Montana with a still air temperature of 70 belwo zero. Two years ago the weather station at Cut Bank Montana hit 68 below.

The windchill is what gets you. Tuesday morning it was 21 below when I went out at 6:30 am to start my wifes car. The wind chill made it 56 below. I can take 20-30 below without the wind, but when we get the canyon winds howling through, it's unbearable.
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
Offline Pack93z  
#22 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2008 3:13:51 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

My wife is from Texas.. Last night we went out and finished the Christmas shopping.. when we walked out of the final store.. the truck thermometer read -12.. I got my ass handed to me literally.

I think she is packing today.. :lol:

Year two of the transplant experiment is not going any better than year one. I think my happy ass better get that garage built this summer eh. ;)

UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#23 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2008 3:17:26 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Speaking of fish.. one thing I will do before I take a dirt nap.. observe a great white shark.. I so wanted to be dropped in a cage last year when we were out there.. I didn't book far enough in advance..

I think it would be awesome to see that beast in the water..

UserPostedImage

Well, I have seen 'em, and let me tell you, friend, I can friggin' swim REAL good when I need to. After all, thanks to my good friend GaryB, who was a crazy motherf##ker, I seem to have the rather profound knack of getting bit on land, much less while swimming amongst 'em. :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage

Offline Pack93z  
#24 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2008 3:25:49 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

Well, I have seen 'em, and let me tell you, friend, I can friggin' swim REAL good when I need to. After all, thanks to my good friend GaryB, who was a crazy motherf##ker, I seem to have the rather profound knack of getting bit on land, much less while swimming amongst 'em. :thumbleft:

I want to be nose to cage with one of them on their turf... I think that would be a rush.

Dad being in special forces, told be a story when scuba diving off the keys and running into sharks aplenty. They didn't seem to scare him though..

He did mention though he was scared one time on a dive.. a wall of barracuda's move in and he said he and his buddy's where white.. scare pale.

Anyway.. not sure I want to dive with the sharks right away.. but in a cage.. hell yeah.

UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#25 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2008 3:42:02 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

...Which evokes another sea-story. MCAS Kaneohe Bay is on the north shore of Oahu. The oceanside is part of the famous north shore, with the big waves (My civilian buddies came and visited once, I was christened with the moniker "Big-Wave Dave" for the subsequent few years I was there)

On the "bay-side", the water is calm. (This gets into the perverse sickness/humor of jarheads, reference Pack93z's humor as regards his toy leg) Think of a body of water about the size of Lake Mendota in Madison, except directly connected to the ocean.

The Special services has boats on the bayside you can rent for cheap, just like a typical ski boat you might find on any lake in Wisconsin, complete with water skis. Now, there are about 6000 Marines on this base, and as luck would have it, on my very first weekend there, NO ONE was using the ski boats when myself and several of my fellow FNG's went to investigate the base and it's amenities.

So the jarhead running the boat shack rents us a boat (probably around 5 bucks an hour or less, I forget) we go out and ski merrily away, fartin' around, having a grand old time...

Get back to the shack and either myself or one of my buddies inquires as to why no one else was renting the boats. He says, "Look over there" and points to the shoreline about 75-100 yards distant off to our right, where it "squared" into an "L" shape.. about a minute goes by, along comes a little mongoose to get a nice little crab or something, and ...KABLAM! Out of the water comes this huge friggin' hammer-head shark that snatched the poor little guy right from the shoreline. (It's deep, right to the edge, and the base is chock-full of mongoose, and this is the bored attendant's entertainment at this time of year).

So he says, "You see, Kaneohe Bay is world-famous for a very unique phenomonon...a large percentage of the world's hammer-head sharks come here annually to breed, right here in this little bay." "That's why nobody is renting the boats, they don't want to get ate." I said, "Well, you might have mentioned it before we went out water skiing." He said, "Well, every weekend some of you fu##king new guys go out, and nobody's got ate yet during breeding season, so I guess the Commanding General has decided to wait until somebody does before he closes us down, plus I can always hope, these friggin' mongoose getting ate gets kind of boring after awhile"... and then the bastard laughs his ass off...
UserPostedImage

Offline Pack93z  
#26 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2008 3:51:32 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

LOL... freaking jarheads.. ;)

But the mongoose attack would have been pretty cool to see.. damn I want to go back to the islands.

"Toy" leg.. freaking thing cost me 32k... over charging bastards anyway. :lol:

I can do some pretty cool shit with it though.. reference the knife in the leg kegger party.

UserPostedImage
Offline Rockmolder  
#27 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2008 4:13:44 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 147
Applause Received: 237

That's a good story Foster. You really have been all over the world, haven't you?

In all honesty, I'm terrified of those things myself, but then again, I really don't like fish at all.

I used to go and fish with my dad from time to time and I was scared back then to even get them off the hook....
UserPostedImage
Offline vegOmatic  
#28 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2008 7:12:48 PM(UTC)
vegOmatic

Applause Received: 3

Ain't no place colder than the Packers locker room right now.
blank
Offline Cheesey  
#29 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2008 6:16:30 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

Ain't no place colder than the Packers locker room right now.

It's not quite as bad now.....there's no more "Frost" in there!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline 4PackGirl  
#30 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2008 11:11:17 AM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 150
Applause Received: 122

we had a lovely ice storm here last nite. everything's closed. so far we have power - if the wind picks up - we're screwed!!
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed