Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online wpr  
#16 Posted : Saturday, February 2, 2013 11:22:27 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,236
Applause Received: 1,556

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
We're stacked at the position imo.

LT: Sherrod, Newhouse, Datko- PS
LG: Lang, Barclay, EDS, Van Roten-PS
C: EDS, Player to be drafted, Lang
RG: Sitton, Barclay, EDS, Van Roten-PS
RT: Bulaga, Barclay, Newhouse


pretty close. I fixed it for you. Including having only one side listed as "LT" Big Grin
UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#17 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2013 10:06:16 AM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 694
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
We're stacked at the position imo.

LT: Sherrod, Datko
LG: Lang, Barclay, Van Roten, EDS
C: Player to be acquired, Lang, EDS
RG: Sitton, Barclay. Van Roten, EDS
LT: Bulaga, Newhouse


Say whut?

Sitton is a stud.
Beyond that...

We're still operating primarily on the "potential" theory. The same thing that led people to say we were fine with false-start-Cliffie, that Lang had the potential to play OT, that Mrs. Colledge and Mark Spitz were going to be good enough, etc.

We have one stud, and a bunch of guys that are serviceable on their good days and are young enough that may have potential to develop into more.

We're stacked only in the poker sense of being short-stacked.

And we're hoping we can still beat Brunson, Moneymaker, and Ungar.

The only reason I"m not calling "OL OL OL" in my usual way is that, unfortunately, GB also has pretty serious needs on both DL and LB, too.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline Wade  
#18 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2013 10:07:11 AM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 694
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Say whut?

Sitton is a stud.
Beyond that...

We're still operating primarily on the "potential" theory. The same thing that led people to say we were fine with false-start-Cliffie, that Lang had the potential to play OT, that Mrs. Colledge and Mark Spitz were going to be good enough, etc.

We have one stud, and a bunch of guys that are serviceable on their good days and are young enough that may have potential to develop into more.

We're stacked only in the poker sense of being short-stacked.

And we're hoping we have undeveloped stars that will be able to beat Brunson, Moneymaker, and Ungar.

The only reason I"m not calling "OL OL OL" in my usual way is that, unfortunately, GB also has pretty serious needs on both DL and LB, too.



And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Online wpr  
#19 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2013 11:59:27 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,236
Applause Received: 1,556

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post


quoting your self with nothing new to add is a sign of sickness. Big Grin
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 2/15/2013(UTC)
Online DakotaT  
#20 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2013 12:23:19 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 686
Applause Received: 1,408

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
quoting your self with nothing new to add is a sign of sickness. Big Grin


What's worse is when all he does is jazzes up what I said in another thread in the first place. Big Grin If I wanted to do creative writing, I'd make money at it, not waste it on my numbnut buddies.
UserPostedImage
Online yooperfan  
#21 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 5:42:35 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Ishpeming Michigan

Applause Given: 676
Applause Received: 326

IMHO, the real weak link in the offensive line area is offensive line coach James Campen.
I just don't see much success unless he is replaced by a top notch coach.
I doubt he will be replaced though as McCarthy seems perfectly content with mediocrity along the offensive line.
Poor run blocking and Rodgers going down 51 times would lead me to cut the cord.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 2/11/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#22 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 6:24:31 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Hall of Famer

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,791
Applause Received: 676

Originally Posted by: yooperfan Go to Quoted Post
IMHO, the real weak link in the offensive line area is offensive line coach James Campen.
I just don't see much success unless he is replaced by a top notch coach.
I doubt he will be replaced though as McCarthy seems perfectly content with mediocrity along the offensive line.
Poor run blocking and Rodgers going down 51 times would lead me to cut the cord.


Campen never played in the zBS.

Shit can him or the system. Or both.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Wade  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 3:44:09 PM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 694
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
What's worse is when all he does is jazzes up what I said in another thread in the first place. Big Grin If I wanted to do creative writing, I'd make money at it, not waste it on my numbnut buddies.


Yes, but you numbnut buddies are the only people who read why I say.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline dfosterf  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 5:45:23 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

United States
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 213
Applause Received: 437

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
We're stacked at the position imo.

LT: Sherrod, Datko
LG: Lang, Barclay, Van Roten, EDS
C: Player to be acquired, Lang, EDS
RG: Sitton, Barclay. Van Roten, EDS
LT: Bulaga, Newhouse




I love ya to death, but you really got to consider stepping-back-off that crack pipe. That shit will friggin' kill you.

I agree with anyone that wants to shit-can the OL coach, btw.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.



Offline QCHuskerFan  
#25 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 11:47:13 AM(UTC)
QCHuskerFan

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 12/30/2010(UTC)

Applause Given: 109
Applause Received: 173

Here's a little different perspective. Knowing how much we throw the ball, if you told me that the LT for the Packers would average less than 1 sack/penalty per game, I wouldn't be unhappy. That's not perfect and it can certainly be improved upon, but it's not bad.

Joe Staley, 49er's LT had 5 penalties and 7 sacks in 2012. Newhouse had 3 and 10. 49ers had 436 passing attempts. Packers had 558.

Now I am not claiming Newhouse is as good as Staley. But based on the stats presented, he had a pretty good year, in my opinion.
Offline Rios39  
#26 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:06:34 PM(UTC)
Rios39

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/9/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 30

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan Go to Quoted Post
Here's a little different perspective. Knowing how much we throw the ball, if you told me that the LT for the Packers would average less than 1 sack/penalty per game, I wouldn't be unhappy. That's not perfect and it can certainly be improved upon, but it's not bad.

Joe Staley, 49er's LT had 5 penalties and 7 sacks in 2012. Newhouse had 3 and 10. 49ers had 436 passing attempts. Packers had 558.

Now I am not claiming Newhouse is as good as Staley. But based on the stats presented, he had a pretty good year, in my opinion.


Underrated for sure. Whenever people would diss the packers Oline it was always "newhouse" he was honestly the least of our problems in pass protection.
blank
Online steveishere  
#27 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 7:39:24 AM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 1,011

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan Go to Quoted Post
Here's a little different perspective. Knowing how much we throw the ball, if you told me that the LT for the Packers would average less than 1 sack/penalty per game, I wouldn't be unhappy. That's not perfect and it can certainly be improved upon, but it's not bad.

Joe Staley, 49er's LT had 5 penalties and 7 sacks in 2012. Newhouse had 3 and 10. 49ers had 436 passing attempts. Packers had 558.

Now I am not claiming Newhouse is as good as Staley. But based on the stats presented, he had a pretty good year, in my opinion.


How about pressures and hits to go along with that. Telling me what happened and whose fault it was on sacks only tells me what happened on 51 of the plays. So what about the other 500 plays? I don't think Newhouse was horrible in pass blocking this year he obviously improved over his last season but he was pretty horrible run blocking (probably one of the worst in the league actually). Unless he can make a big leap he needs to be upgraded. He makes for a nice back up though.
Offline nerdmann  
#28 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 7:58:41 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Hall of Famer

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,791
Applause Received: 676

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
How about pressures and hits to go along with that. Telling me what happened and whose fault it was on sacks only tells me what happened on 51 of the plays. So what about the other 500 plays? I don't think Newhouse was horrible in pass blocking this year he obviously improved over his last season but he was pretty horrible run blocking (probably one of the worst in the league actually). Unless he can make a big leap he needs to be upgraded. He makes for a nice back up though.


Do they only take into account the guy who was blocking the sacker, or do they also put the blame on Aaron when he holds the ball for 8+ secconds, ignoring guys who come open underneath looking for the big play downfield?

Aaron's a double edged sword in that way. On one hand, he can scramble and elude and is highly efficient when he breaks outside the tackles. On the other hand, he's always pulling a Brent and trying to stat whore.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline dfosterf  
#29 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 7:15:52 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

United States
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 213
Applause Received: 437

How about the part that we have one of the best passing attacks in football, yet cannot run the ball in near that fashion?

You would THINK it would be so far easier for a running back and line to run behind that kind of threat, yet apparently, no it is not.

That is a sledgehammer of an indictment against our OL, coupled with what I see regarding Rodgers and his running for his life constantly. I have no clue what everyone else is seeing. I just know what I do. To each his own, I reckon.

Way I see it, the man (Rodgers) makes something out of nothing on a continuing basis, yet many fans are so FOCUSED on the position, they are not seeing the SHIT he is dealing with.

THAT HE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO.

Message modified by user Friday, February 15, 2013 7:31:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.



Offline TheKanataThrilla  
#30 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 6:22:23 AM(UTC)
TheKanataThrilla

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Canada
Joined: 9/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 174
Applause Received: 128

Aaron may hold the ball too long at times, but if he wasn't the athlete he is he would have been sacked way more times than he was from what I saw this season. I could just imagine the stats he would put up behind a top-notch line.

I do think we do need to emphasize the check-down play more this upcoming season. Normally this is the TEs role (DDs role as well), but it appears that this year we didn't take the safe yards and tried for the big play way too often.
"Stumbling from one disaster to another" Lost Together (Blue Rodeo)
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Recent Topics
4m / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

36m / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / macbob

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wideside

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

19-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / Wizard3461

19-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / nyrpack

18-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

18-Dec / Green Bay Packers Talk / musccy


Tweeter