Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PackerTraxx  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2013 8:15:04 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Rank: Senior Member
Joined: 8/13/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 22
Applause Received: 129
I've alluded to this before, Gregg may not get the payday he is looking for. Polian has him rated as a B player and on the down side of 30 it could be risky for a team to spend big money. Maybe we get a chance to bring him back. Then again some GMs can't resist spending big money to make it look like they're doing something. In either case I wish Gregg well except ,of course, against the Pack if that be the case. One posters comment was interesting, something to the fact of "what did Gregg's sister say about Bill Polian".


Link: http://http://www.jsonline.com/...gs/sports/190039951.html
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Sponsor
Offline porky88  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2013 10:10:12 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Rank: Veteran Member
Joined: 4/26/2007(UTC)
Applause Given: 231
Applause Received: 459
Last off-season, Laurent Robinson signed a five-year $32.5 million dollar contract, Marques Colston signed a five-year $40 million dollar deal, and Vincent Jackson signed for $55.5 million on a five-year deal. I had to look up the numbers to double check, but I recalled seeing them a year ago and thinking about their impact on a future Jennings deal.

Because of priorities, the Packers can’t even match a Robinson type of number. Jennings should receive something between Robinson and Colston at the very least. There's a chance that somebody desperate enough (Minnesota) could pony up $45 million on Jennings.
Offline JustJeff  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 6:47:21 AM(UTC)
JustJeff

Rank: Registered
Joined: 2/5/2013(UTC)
Location: Backin' the Pack
Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 16
Originally Posted by: porky88 Go to Quoted Post

Because of priorities, the Packers can’t even match a Robinson type of number. Jennings should receive something between Robinson and Colston at the very least. There's a chance that somebody desperate enough (Minnesota) could pony up $45 million on Jennings.

I agree with your point, but if a five-year $32.5 million dollar contract is the best Jennings finds, I think he would be back in Green Bay. He's making more than $6 million right now.

UserPostedImage
Offline doddpower  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 4:39:09 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

Rank: Veteran Member
United States
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA
Applause Given: 2,257
Applause Received: 573
Does anyone have a link to this article that actually works?
Online Rockmolder  
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 4:40:29 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Rank: Veteran Member
Netherlands
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 181
Applause Received: 296
Originally Posted by: doddpower Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone have a link to this article that actually works?


http://www.jsonline.com/...gs/sports/190039951.html
UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 6:11:35 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Rank: Veteran Member
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 61
Applause Received: 223
Latest I read about Jennings was he is high on the Dolphins radar and they have tons of cash to spend, in fact they said watch for the Dolphins to go after both Jennings and Welker. And Mike Wallace ends up in Cinci. Which is fine with me keep them all away from Detroit and Chicago. With either one of those 3 on the Bears and Lions would mean very big trouble for the Packers.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be Smile
Offline DakotaT  
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 8:56:50 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Honored Member
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 734
Applause Received: 1,497
Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
Latest I read about Jennings was he is high on the Dolphins radar and they have tons of cash to spend, in fact they said watch for the Dolphins to go after both Jennings and Welker. And Mike Wallace ends up in Cinci. Which is fine with me keep them all away from Detroit and Chicago. With either one of those 3 on the Bears and Lions would mean very big trouble for the Packers.


Why, they still have Cutler and Stafford at QB?
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Yerko on 2/11/2013(UTC), Packerchick on 2/11/2013(UTC)
Offline blueleopard  
#8 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 12:20:08 AM(UTC)
blueleopard

Rank: Member
Joined: 8/22/2008(UTC)
Applause Received: 78
Packers fans are the only people on earth who think Cutler and Stafford aren't serviceable QBs.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Offline musccy  
#9 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 7:16:53 AM(UTC)
musccy

Rank: Senior Member
Joined: 5/7/2009(UTC)
Location: Pennsylvania
Applause Given: 360
Applause Received: 345
Polian also had this to say about Walden

"He's an up-and-coming guy," Polian said, referring to Walden. "He flies around the field and is tough. He's well suited to the 3-4, young and with upside. I don't see a big market, but nonetheless he's an asset."

...um????
Online steveishere  
#10 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 7:26:28 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Rank: Senior Member
Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)
Applause Given: 50
Applause Received: 1,077
Originally Posted by: musccy Go to Quoted Post
Polian also had this to say about Walden

"He's an up-and-coming guy," Polian said, referring to Walden. "He flies around the field and is tough. He's well suited to the 3-4, young and with upside. I don't see a big market, but nonetheless he's an asset."

...um????


He forgot to write "He's a guy who can rush the passer 300 times and get you about 20 pressures on the QB if the other team occasionally doesn't block him."
Offline nerdmann  
#11 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 8:48:13 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Select Member
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 3,081
Applause Received: 756
"If he ever learns about outside containment, could be an adequate backup."
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline wpr  
#12 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 10:19:17 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

Rank: Select Member
United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 3,284
Applause Received: 1,581
Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx Go to Quoted Post
I've alluded to this before, Gregg may not get the payday he is looking for. Polian has him rated as a B player and on the down side of 30 it could be risky for a team to spend big money. Maybe we get a chance to bring him back. Then again some GMs can't resist spending big money to make it look like they're doing something. In either case I wish Gregg well except ,of course, against the Pack if that be the case. One posters comment was interesting, something to the fact of "what did Gregg's sister say about Bill Polian".


Link: http://http://www.jsonline.com/...gs/sports/190039951.html


all the experts have underestimated Greg from college right thru the draft, year in and year out. All he does is perform. (When not injured.) When he is the featured Wr that is not as deep as GB is be will get around 100 receptions and 1300 yards with around 10 tds.
UserPostedImage
Offline doddpower  
#13 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 11:15:36 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

Rank: Veteran Member
United States
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA
Applause Given: 2,257
Applause Received: 573
Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
all the experts have underestimated Greg from college right thru the draft, year in and year out. All he does is perform. (When not injured.) When he is the featured Wr that is not as deep as GB is be will get around 100 receptions and 1300 yards with around 10 tds.


Key words: "When not injured."
Offline wpr  
#14 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 12:58:29 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

Rank: Select Member
United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 3,284
Applause Received: 1,581
Originally Posted by: doddpower Go to Quoted Post
Key words: "When not injured."


yep. He goes years without injury. Had some bad luck the last couple of years. he will go on without any problems.
UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#15 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 1:16:07 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Rank: Senior Member
Joined: 8/28/2009(UTC)
Applause Given: 224
Applause Received: 294
Originally Posted by: blueleopard Go to Quoted Post
Packers fans are the only people on earth who think Cutler and Stafford aren't serviceable QBs.


add "everyone who had stafford on their fantasy team last season" and that would probably be accurate.

PS i had him on my team last year. fuck.
call me Dan
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Rockmolder

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

3-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

2-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

2-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

2-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / warhawk

28-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

27-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

27-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / Yerko

27-Feb / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool


Tweeter