Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline musccy  
#21 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 4:01:43 PM(UTC)
musccy

Applause Given: 251
Applause Received: 234

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
I think it goes back to this old adage.. release them one year early instead of one year late.

Charles is right about up against the break point of being an impact player yet.... might be beyond it.. or just in front of it.

Exactly.

This and the Driver move took some balls and I'm glad I'm not the one having to make the moves, but they're both the right things to do.
Offline porky88  
#22 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 5:42:00 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 194
Applause Received: 409

He was my current favorite Packer. I just loved the way he plays the game. I wish Green Bay would attempt to bring him back, but it sounds as if they want to move on. It's disappointing, but the NFL is a business and the Packers have other priorities. The secondary doesn’t have many tacklers, so his departure is a huge omission in that regard. However, it’s his leadership that Green Bay will have trouble replacing.
Online nerdmann  
#23 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 5:50:23 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,705
Applause Received: 663

I think he makes the HoF.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Online Mucky Tundra  
#24 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 6:21:24 PM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 378
Applause Received: 483

Gonna miss him a lot. Always seemed to be making big plays and he seemed to turn a corner in his life when he came to GB. You wanted to root for the guy. The story of his Super Bowl injury and halftime speech still gets to me.
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#25 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 7:40:12 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 206
Applause Received: 428

It wasn't the same feeling as when DD retired. Who can't love the current version of a CW, but he had issues along the way.

It surprised me a little, I wish him the best.

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline DakotaT  
#26 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 8:55:37 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 665
Applause Received: 1,369

This was tough call, even if he had agreed to a paycut. His decline with speed and quickness over the last two years was vast. And throwing him in at safety with 2 recent collarbone injuries was not a real good decision. I hope Charles makes the decision to retire like Driver did. It's not enjoyable watching these older player decline, and I don't understand why some of them insist on risking injury.

I have two awesome Woodson jerseys, I'll always cherish. Good luck Charles with all you do in the future, and thanks for all you did with charities. We'll keep our fingers crossed that you wear your Green & Gold jersey into the Hall of Fame one day.
UserPostedImage
Online nerdmann  
#27 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 9:38:50 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,705
Applause Received: 663

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
This was tough call, even if he had agreed to a paycut. His decline with speed and quickness over the last two years was vast. And throwing him in at safety with 2 recent collarbone injuries was not a real good decision. I hope Charles makes the decision to retire like Driver did. It's not enjoyable watching these older player decline, and I don't understand why some of them insist on risking injury.

I have two awesome Woodson jerseys, I'll always cherish. Good luck Charles with all you do in the future, and thanks for all you did with charities. We'll keep our fingers crossed that you wear your Green & Gold jersey into the Hall of Fame one day.

Part of it was how well Hayward played.

Dude won't retire by choice without the all time pick six record. Hope he gets it too.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline play2win  
#28 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 7:08:53 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

I wish Charles well. Financially, the move had to be made with his loss of speed and two collar bone breaks. I loved watching him play for the Packers. Remarkable talent.
Offline Cheesey  
#29 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 9:59:41 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 200
Applause Received: 435

The salary cap takes another one down.
You only have so much money, and you have an aging player who is at or close to the end. Ted Thompson did what he had to do. Not easy to see a favorite player go, but that's today's professional sports.
UserPostedImage
Offline PackerTraxx  
#30 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 10:26:03 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

I'm sad to see CW go and I too hope he gets the pick 6 record. Wish he would have come back at a reduced salary because that's going to happen no matter where he goes, nobody is going to pay 10 mil a year. Who knows if there was much effort put into that. But I am glad we have a GM that makes the tough decisions for the good of the team.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 2/16/2013(UTC)
Rss Feed