Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
7 Pages«<34567>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online buckeyepackfan  
#41 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 10:29:46 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 350
Applause Received: 457

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Because he had finally come off a decent season and we were letting Barnett go, so that Bishop could play. Now you're going to see AJ let go so that Smith, Jones, or Manning can play. Poor AJ what'll he do? Maybe the Browns will bring the homeboy back to land of no Super Bowl championships.

Why isn't Hawk ever there to cover up the run when Matthews rushes the passer? Cause he can't ever fight through the blocks to get the ball carrier.


That's not an answer!!!

Came off a decent season??? What you're changing your mind now?

Hell he wasn't even on the field for most of the first 4 games of 2010, after being hurt in 2009, but playing through the injuries.

You were calling for Hawk's head way before Barnett was released,just as you call for anyone's head who you don't like.

A.J Hawk has been worth every penny Ted Thompson has paid him, you just can't admit you were wrong after 2009, after 2010, after 2011, and now after 2012.LOL LOL LOL

Not real sure that it's the ILB's responsibility to as you say "cover up" for Mathews's inability to contain.

I'll pretty much guarantee you IT ISN'T Hawk's responsibility, but in your mind anytime the defense gives up a big run, IT'S ALL A.J. HAWKS fault, even though he is only 1 of 11 on the field, and most of the time he is WHERE HE IS SUPPOSE TO BE.

I'm not going to start this with you again, you are who you are, you're not going to change your opinions on any player.

You are WRONG more than you are RIGHT.

You keep living your "this is a business" world, where only YOUR "chosen few" deserve to make more than the NFL minimum, and I'll keep looking for your posts where you bitch about how The Packers have once again come up short in their attempt to make it to The Superbowl.

FIRE TED THOMPSON!!!!!!!!!

Next year when Clay Mathews is ready to break the bank, we'll see which LB's stay and which go.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline Zero2Cool  
#42 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 10:40:00 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,222

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
Not real sure that it's the ILB's responsibility to as you say "cover up" for Mathews's inability to contain.


Where the heck are you getting this notion that Clay Matthews III cannot contain? I've tried proving you to be right, and instead proved it wrong and you still have to answer why you say this. I was joking about the whole Trojan thing, but perhaps I nailed it, huh? lol
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Online buckeyepackfan  
#43 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 11:10:45 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 350
Applause Received: 457

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Where the heck are you getting this notion that Clay Matthews III cannot contain? I've tried proving you to be right, and instead proved it wrong and you still have to answer why you say this. I was joking about the whole Trojan thing, but perhaps I nailed it, huh? lol


I'm not, Mathews is worth every penny he get's next year, just treating his performances the way some on this forum treat Hawk's.

No player is perfect, everyone makes mistakes,sometimes the other team just makes the right call and is successful.

There were a few of times last year that Clay was taken out of the play because he took the inside rush and his responsibility was contain.

Just trying to make a point.

Also I hope you know I am JKing about Ted Thompson.

He did screrw up last year by letting Wells go and signing Saturday, as things turned out, he should have just plugged Dietrich-Smith in as the starter in pre-season and used Saturday's spot for another lineman already on roster.

It's real easy to look back and make this statement, the way it's real easy for some to say "if this guy or if this guy wouldn't have been injured A.J. Hawk would have been gone a long time ago.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline Zero2Cool  
#44 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 11:17:56 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,222

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
I'm not, Mathews is worth every penny he get's next year, just treating his performances the way some on this forum treat Hawk's.

No player is perfect, everyone makes mistakes,sometimes the other team just makes the right call and is successful.

There were a few of times last year that Clay was taken out of the play because he took the inside rush and his responsibility was contain.

Just trying to make a point.

Also I hope you know I am JKing about Ted Thompson.

He did screrw up last year by letting Wells go and signing Saturday, as things turned out, he should have just plugged Dietrich-Smith in as the starter in pre-season and used Saturday's spot for another lineman already on roster.

It's real easy to look back and make this statement, the way it's real easy for some to say "if this guy or if this guy wouldn't have been injured A.J. Hawk would have been gone a long time ago.


How did Ted Thompson and the Packers screw up by Scott Wells CHOOSING to play elsewhere? How is that someone's fault that he wasn't overpaid? The Packers needed to upgrade the C position. The failure, if any, was Jeff Saturday, not Wells choosing to play elsewhere. This type of false statement that inaccurately puts blame/accountability one the wrong person is nuts.

Again, Scott Wells CHOSE to leave Green Bay! It is not much different than Cullen Jenkins. Both were pissed they didn't get overpaid contract offers BEFORE free agency, got butthurt and LEFT! Some people, and players fail to understand the Packers don't overspend on players! Including A.J. Hawk, whom they felt was worth the money they gave him!

The Packers and Thompson screw up, no doubt, but christ almighty, throwing blame on them for players choosing to play elsewhere is no shit.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Online buckeyepackfan  
#45 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 11:31:29 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 350
Applause Received: 457

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
How did Ted Thompson and the Packers screw up by Scott Wells CHOOSING to play elsewhere? How is that someone's fault that he wasn't overpaid? The Packers needed to upgrade the C position. The failure, if any, was Jeff Saturday, not Wells choosing to play elsewhere. This type of false statement that inaccurately puts blame/accountability one the wrong person is nuts.

Again, Scott Wells CHOSE to leave Green Bay! It is not much different than Cullen Jenkins. Both were pissed they didn't get overpaid contract offers BEFORE free agency, got butthurt and LEFT! Some people, and players fail to understand the Packers don't overspend on players! Including A.J. Hawk, whom they felt was worth the money they gave him!

The Packers and Thompson screw up, no doubt, but christ almighty, throwing blame on them for players choosing to play elsewhere is no shit.


You read my post wrong, Ted's mistake was SIGNING SATURDAY, not letting Wells leave thru Fa., Ted had no control over Wells leaving, other than offering him more money than he(Ted) thought Wells was worth.

Dietrich-Smith played better than Saturday, he should have been the starter from day one of TC last year.

Again, easy to say after the facts.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline DakotaT  
#46 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 12:41:30 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 665
Applause Received: 1,369

Buckeye, were you one of those Sherman/Favre lovers? I really don't remember - but you seem to really have a hard on for TT. You put words into my mouth with your assumptions. All I want is for AJ to live up to his draft status and his contract. If you actually think he has done that, then you don't know shit from shinola.

And as for DD - his declining skills is why I didn't think he should be on the team anymore, nothing to do with his character. How do denigrate his character?
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#47 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:10:02 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,705
Applause Received: 663

PFT takes a team by team look at who might get tagged:

Quote:
Green Bay Packers: Receiver Greg Jennings turns 30 in September. In other words, the Packers won’t be using the tag on Greg Jennings. The Packers learned while he was injured in 2012 that they can live without him, and they won’t be inclined to invest $10 million in cap space to a guy who plays a position that, with Aaron Rodgers at quarterback, is virtually interchangeable. If the Packers wanted to keep Jennings, they’d be trying to sign him. They’re not, which likely means he won’t be tagged.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline wpr  
#48 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:47:56 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,143
Applause Received: 1,515

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
PFT takes a team by team look at who might get tagged:



no. that is a look at who they WON"T tag. Big Grin
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline nerdmann  
#49 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 9:46:35 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,705
Applause Received: 663

So who DO we tag?

Anyone?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline wpr  
#50 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 6:38:36 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,143
Applause Received: 1,515

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
So who DO we tag?

Anyone?


no one is tagged. make offers to Shields, EDS and Crabtree but no need to tag them.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest (6)
7 Pages«<34567>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
28m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

56m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / porky88

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / packman82

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

22-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / macbob

21-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Since69

20-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla