Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
buckeyepackfan  
#41 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 10:29:46 AM(UTC)
DakotaT said: Go to Quoted Post
Because he had finally come off a decent season and we were letting Barnett go, so that Bishop could play. Now you're going to see AJ let go so that Smith, Jones, or Manning can play. Poor AJ what'll he do? Maybe the Browns will bring the homeboy back to land of no Super Bowl championships.

Why isn't Hawk ever there to cover up the run when Matthews rushes the passer? Cause he can't ever fight through the blocks to get the ball carrier.

That's not an answer!!!

Came off a decent season??? What you're changing your mind now?

Hell he wasn't even on the field for most of the first 4 games of 2010, after being hurt in 2009, but playing through the injuries.

You were calling for Hawk's head way before Barnett was released,just as you call for anyone's head who you don't like.

A.J Hawk has been worth every penny Ted Thompson has paid him, you just can't admit you were wrong after 2009, after 2010, after 2011, and now after 2012.LOL LOL LOL

Not real sure that it's the ILB's responsibility to as you say "cover up" for Mathews's inability to contain.

I'll pretty much guarantee you IT ISN'T Hawk's responsibility, but in your mind anytime the defense gives up a big run, IT'S ALL A.J. HAWKS fault, even though he is only 1 of 11 on the field, and most of the time he is WHERE HE IS SUPPOSE TO BE.

I'm not going to start this with you again, you are who you are, you're not going to change your opinions on any player.

You are WRONG more than you are RIGHT.

You keep living your "this is a business" world, where only YOUR "chosen few" deserve to make more than the NFL minimum, and I'll keep looking for your posts where you bitch about how The Packers have once again come up short in their attempt to make it to The Superbowl.

FIRE TED THOMPSON!!!!!!!!!

Next year when Clay Mathews is ready to break the bank, we'll see which LB's stay and which go.
Zero2Cool  
#42 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 10:40:00 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan said: Go to Quoted Post
Not real sure that it's the ILB's responsibility to as you say "cover up" for Mathews's inability to contain.

Where the heck are you getting this notion that Clay Matthews III cannot contain? I've tried proving you to be right, and instead proved it wrong and you still have to answer why you say this. I was joking about the whole Trojan thing, but perhaps I nailed it, huh? lol
buckeyepackfan  
#43 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 11:10:45 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
Where the heck are you getting this notion that Clay Matthews III cannot contain? I've tried proving you to be right, and instead proved it wrong and you still have to answer why you say this. I was joking about the whole Trojan thing, but perhaps I nailed it, huh? lol

I'm not, Mathews is worth every penny he get's next year, just treating his performances the way some on this forum treat Hawk's.

No player is perfect, everyone makes mistakes,sometimes the other team just makes the right call and is successful.

There were a few of times last year that Clay was taken out of the play because he took the inside rush and his responsibility was contain.

Just trying to make a point.

Also I hope you know I am JKing about Ted Thompson.

He did screrw up last year by letting Wells go and signing Saturday, as things turned out, he should have just plugged Dietrich-Smith in as the starter in pre-season and used Saturday's spot for another lineman already on roster.

It's real easy to look back and make this statement, the way it's real easy for some to say "if this guy or if this guy wouldn't have been injured A.J. Hawk would have been gone a long time ago.
Zero2Cool  
#44 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 11:17:56 AM(UTC)
I'm not, Mathews is worth every penny he get's next year, just treating his performances the way some on this forum treat Hawk's.

No player is perfect, everyone makes mistakes,sometimes the other team just makes the right call and is successful.

There were a few of times last year that Clay was taken out of the play because he took the inside rush and his responsibility was contain.

Just trying to make a point.

Also I hope you know I am JKing about Ted Thompson.

He did screrw up last year by letting Wells go and signing Saturday, as things turned out, he should have just plugged Dietrich-Smith in as the starter in pre-season and used Saturday's spot for another lineman already on roster.

It's real easy to look back and make this statement, the way it's real easy for some to say "if this guy or if this guy wouldn't have been injured A.J. Hawk would have been gone a long time ago.

How did Ted Thompson and the Packers screw up by Scott Wells CHOOSING to play elsewhere? How is that someone's fault that he wasn't overpaid? The Packers needed to upgrade the C position. The failure, if any, was Jeff Saturday, not Wells choosing to play elsewhere. This type of false statement that inaccurately puts blame/accountability one the wrong person is nuts.

Again, Scott Wells CHOSE to leave Green Bay! It is not much different than Cullen Jenkins. Both were pissed they didn't get overpaid contract offers BEFORE free agency, got butthurt and LEFT! Some people, and players fail to understand the Packers don't overspend on players! Including A.J. Hawk, whom they felt was worth the money they gave him!

The Packers and Thompson screw up, no doubt, but christ almighty, throwing blame on them for players choosing to play elsewhere is no shit.
buckeyepackfan  
#45 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 11:31:29 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
How did Ted Thompson and the Packers screw up by Scott Wells CHOOSING to play elsewhere? How is that someone's fault that he wasn't overpaid? The Packers needed to upgrade the C position. The failure, if any, was Jeff Saturday, not Wells choosing to play elsewhere. This type of false statement that inaccurately puts blame/accountability one the wrong person is nuts.

Again, Scott Wells CHOSE to leave Green Bay! It is not much different than Cullen Jenkins. Both were pissed they didn't get overpaid contract offers BEFORE free agency, got butthurt and LEFT! Some people, and players fail to understand the Packers don't overspend on players! Including A.J. Hawk, whom they felt was worth the money they gave him!

The Packers and Thompson screw up, no doubt, but christ almighty, throwing blame on them for players choosing to play elsewhere is no shit.

You read my post wrong, Ted's mistake was SIGNING SATURDAY, not letting Wells leave thru Fa., Ted had no control over Wells leaving, other than offering him more money than he(Ted) thought Wells was worth.

Dietrich-Smith played better than Saturday, he should have been the starter from day one of TC last year.

Again, easy to say after the facts.
DakotaT  
#46 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 12:41:30 PM(UTC)
Buckeye, were you one of those Sherman/Favre lovers? I really don't remember - but you seem to really have a hard on for TT. You put words into my mouth with your assumptions. All I want is for AJ to live up to his draft status and his contract. If you actually think he has done that, then you don't know shit from shinola.

And as for DD - his declining skills is why I didn't think he should be on the team anymore, nothing to do with his character. How do denigrate his character?
nerdmann  
#47 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:10:02 PM(UTC)
PFT takes a team by team look at who might get tagged:

Quote:
Green Bay Packers: Receiver Greg Jennings turns 30 in September. In other words, the Packers won’t be using the tag on Greg Jennings. The Packers learned while he was injured in 2012 that they can live without him, and they won’t be inclined to invest $10 million in cap space to a guy who plays a position that, with Aaron Rodgers at quarterback, is virtually interchangeable. If the Packers wanted to keep Jennings, they’d be trying to sign him. They’re not, which likely means he won’t be tagged.
wpr  
#48 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:47:56 PM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
PFT takes a team by team look at who might get tagged:

no. that is a look at who they WON"T tag. [grin1]
nerdmann  
#49 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 9:46:35 PM(UTC)
So who DO we tag?

Anyone?
wpr  
#50 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 6:38:36 AM(UTC)
So who DO we tag?

Anyone?

no one is tagged. make offers to Shields, EDS and Crabtree but no need to tag them.
Pack93z  
#51 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 7:58:09 AM(UTC)
So who DO we tag?

Anyone?

Why tag anyone and over pay them.. the only consideration would be Shields, but he had not proven to be worthy of top 5 money.
buckeyepackfan  
#52 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 3:41:32 PM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
no one is tagged. make offers to Shields, EDS and Crabtree but no need to tag them.

Agree wpr, only in the past, Ted has let players explore FA before making any decison, if any of the 3 gets an offer from another team then Ted will have to decide whether to match that offer,

I remember him doing that with Bush a few years back,i'm pretty sure there are other examples, I just can't come up with them off the top of my head.

Let the other teams set the pay bar, that way a player will not feel he is being slighted.
nerdmann  
#53 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 4:31:10 PM(UTC)
Agree wpr, only in the past, Ted has let players explore FA before making any decison, if any of the 3 gets an offer from another team then Ted will have to decide whether to match that offer,

I remember him doing that with Bush a few years back,i'm pretty sure there are other examples, I just can't come up with them off the top of my head.

Let the other teams set the pay bar, that way a player will not feel he is being slighted.

The main example was James Jones, but they let Cliffy look around a bit too.
steveishere  
#54 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 5:23:41 PM(UTC)

Unless they are Cullen Jenkins
dhazer  
#55 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 9:34:07 AM(UTC)
a little tidbit about Mr Jennings. I say so long and take what you are smoking with you lol

NFL | Greg Jennings seeking $14 million annually?
Fri, 22 Feb 2013 05:43:54 -0800

Rumors around the NFL Scouting Combine are that free-agent WR Greg Jennings (Packers) is seeking a contract worth $14 million per year.

Are you fricken kidding me, 14 million a year for an injury prone older wr that is a product of the qb's he has had.

Good luck with that Jennings I am glad you are gone you money hungry bastard.

Just a side note that would make him the highest paid WR in the league and he isn't even in the top 15 wrs in the league.
Pack93z  
#56 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 9:54:23 AM(UTC)
dhazer said: Go to Quoted Post
a little tidbit about Mr Jennings. I say so long and take what you are smoking with you lol

NFL | Greg Jennings seeking $14 million annually?
Fri, 22 Feb 2013 05:43:54 -0800

Rumors around the NFL Scouting Combine are that free-agent WR Greg Jennings (Packers) is seeking a contract worth $14 million per year.

Are you fricken kidding me, 14 million a year for an injury prone older wr that is a product of the qb's he has had.

Good luck with that Jennings I am glad you are gone you money hungry bastard.

Just a side note that would make him the highest paid WR in the league and he isn't even in the top 15 wrs in the league.

And he wonders why the Packers haven't actively tried to resign him.. we knew he was looking for big dollars.

He can take his talents to South Beach and get paid.
steveishere  
#57 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 9:58:43 AM(UTC)
Brad Jones and EDS also want 14 million a year
Zero2Cool  
#58 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 10:03:38 AM(UTC)
Often times people will put their asking price 10-15% higher, at least, than what they are hoping for. It's a mindset. Ask for the stars but settle for the moon and be equally happy. I think Jennings really wants $10-$12 million per year, which I feel on a team with no other WR would be willing to pay.
wpr  
#59 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 10:12:58 AM(UTC)
steveishere said: Go to Quoted Post
Brad Jones and EDS also want 14 million a year

I want $14 mil a year too.
gbguy20  
#60 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 10:23:10 AM(UTC)
MN will pay him.
Rss Feed