Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nerdmann  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:46:23 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,715
Applause Received: 667

JSO

Quote:
“I’m ready,” Jones said when asked if he was that No. 1 guy. “I work hard every year. I’m ready to take in that role if we don’t get Greg (Jennings) back. Hopefully, I can continue to have some success, make some plays and help my team win.”


I've always said he could get it done. Definitely stepped up this past year. I'd like to see him do that consistently for more than one season, but it looks like he might get his chance to do so.

I still think Cobb's more explosive though.

Message modified by moderator Wednesday, February 20, 2013 11:00:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Pack93z  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:50:03 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 400
Applause Received: 1,078

Again.. I don't think there is nor should be a #1 in the Packers offense... it will be match up based targeting.

So.. any given week, as we have seen for a couple years, guys will be the #1 one week in targets and be just about ignored the next.

What the Packers do lack is a player that can really stretch the field on routes and force the defense to extend the safeties and open things up under the two deep.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
JustJeff on 2/20/2013(UTC), Rockmolder on 2/20/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:52:49 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,715
Applause Received: 667

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Again.. I don't think there is nor should be a #1 in the Packers offense... it will be match up based targeting.

So.. any given week, as we have seen for a couple years, guys will be the #1 one week in targets and be just about ignored the next.

What the Packers do lack is a player that can really stretch the field on routes and force the defense to extend the safeties and open things up under the two deep.


Well we've got Finley and Cobb.

Our guys can get deep, imo. Then again, they never throw underneath anyway. ;)

Jersey Al: JJ's 2012 Report Card

Quote:
Season Report Card:

(A+) Level of expectations met during the season

(A) Contributions to team’s overall success.

(A-) Contributions to team during the playoffs

Overall Grade: A
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline wpr  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 11:01:15 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,153
Applause Received: 1,522

no #1 receiver. They don't even line up in the same position every down. Mix and match and look for the open receiver as long as Aaron Rodgers is willing to hold it for 8 seconds so they can get the big play down field and inflate Rodgers stats so that one day he can wipe out all of Brett's records.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 2/20/2013(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 11:06:18 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 400
Applause Received: 1,078

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post

Our guys can get deep, imo. Then again, they never throw underneath anyway. ;)


Oh they go deep.. not arguing the depth of our routes.. but we don't have a guy that is a burner, someone that scares the defense with his speed. Someone that will force the back end of the defense to adjust if he is running a fly route.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
dfosterf on 2/21/2013(UTC)
Offline steveishere  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 1:08:46 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

I like the way they do it where every receiver on the team can line up in any spot and run any of the routes. I've always liked James Jones but I still think Jordy is the better receiver overall. One thing about Jones that it seemed last year is he is by far the best receiver on the team at beating a press at the line of scrimmage.
Offline Rockmolder  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:04:34 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 161
Applause Received: 264

I'm still quite sure that Ted will draft someone at WR. Hopefuly it'll be on day one.

This receiving group scares me. Everyone seems to be elated that we have 3 guys who can play all the positions... Which is like saying we have 3 running backs who play an equal amount every game. Great and all that they can do that, but I'd rather have Adrian Peterson than 3 "ok" guys.

And that's the same for our WR group.

Nelson isn't elite, Jones isn't elite and Cobb isn't elite. I can't think of a whole lot of teams where any of these guys would be the nr. 1 receiver.

I'm hoping that I'm wrong, but if this is our final group of WRs, we're not going to see a whole lot of seperation from CBs out of our WRs. Something that annoyed me this year when Jennings was out. Rodgers will have to remain pinpoint accurate.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Wade on 2/21/2013(UTC)
Offline porky88  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:17:14 PM(UTC)
porky88

Rank: Pro Bowl

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Joined: 4/26/2007(UTC)

Applause Given: 195
Applause Received: 409

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder Go to Quoted Post
I'm still quite sure that Ted will draft someone at WR. Hopefuly it'll be on day one.

This receiving group scares me. Everyone seems to be elated that we have 3 guys who can play all the positions... Which is like saying we have 3 running backs who play an equal amount every game. Great and all that they can do that, but I'd rather have Adrian Peterson than 3 "ok" guys.

And that's the same for our WR group.

Nelson isn't elite, Jones isn't elite and Cobb isn't elite. I can't think of a whole lot of teams where any of these guys would be the nr. 1 receiver.

I'm hoping that I'm wrong, but if this is our final group of WRs, we're not going to see a whole lot of seperation from CBs out of our WRs. Something that annoyed me this year when Jennings was out. Rodgers will have to remain pinpoint accurate.


I don't agree with that comparison.

Look at the drastic improvement Cobb made from year one to year two. His route running was better, his hands were better, and his knowledge of the offense increased. Some of the catches he made were just outstanding.

If not for missing one game, he would have caught over 80 passes for 1,000-plus yards, and 8 TDs.

Those are really good numbers for a 22-year-old.

Frankly, I think more than half of the teams in the NFL would love to have either player, but especially Cobb, as their No. 1 wide receiver. That's not elite, but as a group, that's a dangerous weapon.

The main problem, though, is Green Bay's reliance on the passing game. They're now one injury away from Jarrett Boykin of having to play a significant role in the offense.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 2/20/2013(UTC)
Offline steveishere  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:44:18 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder Go to Quoted Post
I'd rather have Adrian Peterson than 3 "ok" guys.


That's nice and all but the thing is only 1 freaking team has Adrian Peterson. The passing game is about a hell of a lot more than 1 player that's a big part of the reason why Brandon Marshall can put up huge numbers and the Bears offense still blows goats. It's a lot easier to slow a team down with 1 good player than a team with several good but not quite as good players.

I'd like to have Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Brandon Marshall, Andre Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald as our 5 WR. That would be cool wouldn't it?

Taking a WR in the first round this year would be pretty dumb unless we could somehow get into the top 10 without giving up much to get there (lol). Odds are any guy taken in the 20s won't see many snaps.
Offline gbguy20  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:58:33 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/28/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder Go to Quoted Post
I'm still quite sure that Ted will draft someone at WR. Hopefuly it'll be on day one.



remember, day 1 is round 1 now. I'm assuming you don't want a WR in round 1.
call me Dan
Offline wpr  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:11:53 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,153
Applause Received: 1,522

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
remember, day 1 is round 1 now. I'm assuming you don't want a WR in round 1.


he does. Check out his other posts tonight and you will see him talking about getting a big time # 1 WR.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline Rockmolder  
#12 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 5:22:42 AM(UTC)
Rockmolder

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 161
Applause Received: 264

Originally Posted by: porky88 Go to Quoted Post
I don't agree with that comparison.

Look at the drastic improvement Cobb made from year one to year two. His route running was better, his hands were better, and his knowledge of the offense increased. Some of the catches he made were just outstanding.

If not for missing one game, he would have caught over 80 passes for 1,000-plus yards, and 8 TDs.

Those are really good numbers for a 22-year-old.

Frankly, I think more than half of the teams in the NFL would love to have either player, but especially Cobb, as their No. 1 wide receiver. That's not elite, but as a group, that's a dangerous weapon.

The main problem, though, is Green Bay's reliance on the passing game. They're now one injury away from Jarrett Boykin of having to play a significant role in the offense.


What team would you imagine our guys could join and slip into the nr. 1 receiver role? I don't think that any of the guys on our roster have the ability to carry a receiving group, to get bracketed and still produce, to be that one receiver you throw to out of desperation and still have a good chance of him coming up with it...

I agree with you that Cobb has made some amazing progression, but he doesn't look like that X or Z guy to me who'd I'd like to see as my leading receiver.

I think that Jones, Nelson and Cobb would all start for just about any team in the NFL, but they wouldn't be the vocal point of the offense. Not the main targets.
UserPostedImage
Offline Rockmolder  
#13 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 5:31:06 AM(UTC)
Rockmolder

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 161
Applause Received: 264

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
That's nice and all but the thing is only 1 freaking team has Adrian Peterson. The passing game is about a hell of a lot more than 1 player that's a big part of the reason why Brandon Marshall can put up huge numbers and the Bears offense still blows goats. It's a lot easier to slow a team down with 1 good player than a team with several good but not quite as good players.

I'd like to have Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Brandon Marshall, Andre Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald as our 5 WR. That would be cool wouldn't it?

Taking a WR in the first round this year would be pretty dumb unless we could somehow get into the top 10 without giving up much to get there (lol). Odds are any guy taken in the 20s won't see many snaps.


Peterson was, of course, quite the exaggeration. Look at my last post for some clarification. Of course I'm not assuming we'll just go and pick up a Calvin Johnson clone somewhere, but there's a whole lot of difference between Megatron and James Jones. I am saying you should, as the Packers, take a look at some early selections to have someone who can lead this group of WRs.

Favre's stints with Walker and Sharpe always come to mind for me. Favre was always good with his bunch of decent wide receivers, but in the small portions of time that Sharpe and Walker were absolutely dominant, it changed everything. Those "dumb throw to nowhere" became catchable balls with those guys. The nr. 1 CB all of a sudden had something to worry about and defenses had to pull a safety to one side. It just changes the entire offense.

And you can't tell me that there's one guy who will be highlighted constantly.

Yes, one of our guys will most likely get open. Cobb operates from the slot and either Jones or Nelson has to draw the nr. 2 CB (although that didn't help a whole lot at most times last year), but that Rodgers running around trick isn't because he likes to show of his athleticism... When you look at the tape, you could see that there are quite a few times last year when our receivers just can't seem to get open. When you push that entire group down one notch, filling up at the top of the depth chart with a true nr. 1, you change the entire dynamic of our offense.

I don't think it'd be pretty dumb if the right guy falls.
UserPostedImage
Offline PackerTraxx  
#14 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:17:16 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/13/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

I would be happy if any elite player at any position, except QB, fell to us in the manner of Rodgers. My preference would be a DE, but I'd happily take a receiver etc.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline Zero2Cool  
#15 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:00:41 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,231

Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx Go to Quoted Post
I would be happy if any elite player at any position, except QB, fell to us in the manner of Rodgers. My preference would be a DE, but I'd happily take a receiver etc.


I haven't a clue how we got to this from James Jones saying he thinks he is a number one WR, but I'll roll ... to your statement I inquire, how many elite QB's are in the NFL currently? Let us say half dozen. Now, imagine one falls to the Packers ... you wouldn't want that?

The Packers could trade said elite QB to an AFC team for the following randomly selected picks not based on any trade previously conducted in the NFL ...

1st round pick
2nd round pick
6th round pick

1st round pick
2nd round pick
2nd round pick
3rd round pick

1st round pick (conditional)


Formo knows what I'm talking about! hahahahaha
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 2/21/2013(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#16 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:17:16 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,153
Applause Received: 1,522

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I haven't a clue how we got to this from James Jones saying he thinks he is a number one WR, but I'll roll ... to your statement I inquire, how many elite QB's are in the NFL currently? Let us say half dozen. Now, imagine one falls to the Packers ... you wouldn't want that?

The Packers could trade said elite QB to an AFC team for the following randomly selected picks not based on any trade previously conducted in the NFL ...

1st round pick
2nd round pick
6th round pick

1st round pick
2nd round pick
2nd round pick
3rd round pick

1st round pick (conditional)


Formo knows what I'm talking about! hahahahaha


funny. you can be a dog at times but it is still funny. Big Grin

after all I would do the deal if I were in charge of the vickies.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline Porforis  
#17 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:37:01 AM(UTC)
Porforis

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
no #1 receiver. They don't even line up in the same position every down. Mix and match and look for the open receiver as long as Aaron Rodgers is willing to hold it for 8 seconds so they can get the big play down field and inflate Rodgers stats so that one day he can wipe out all of Brett's records.


Or he can just toss it up after 4 seconds each time before he has a chance to escape the pocket regardless of whether or not pressure's there, and only beat Favre's INT record.
UserPostedImage
Offline Porforis  
#18 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:40:13 AM(UTC)
Porforis

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder Go to Quoted Post
Nelson isn't elite, Jones isn't elite and Cobb isn't elite. I can't think of a whole lot of teams where any of these guys would be the nr. 1 receiver.


Jones was playing like a #1 last season, whether he can continue at that level remains to be seen. Hard to tell with Nelson with all the time he missed but he'd be a solid #2 or low-end #1 IMO. Cobb isn't there yet but let's see how he does in his second year as a key piece of the offense... But I can't see him being a traditional #1 considering his playmaking abilities from the backfield or in the slot.
UserPostedImage
Offline steveishere  
#19 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:29:21 AM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder Go to Quoted Post

Favre's stints with Walker and Sharpe always come to mind for me. Favre was always good with his bunch of decent wide receivers, but in the small portions of time that Sharpe and Walker were absolutely dominant, it changed everything. Those "dumb throw to nowhere" became catchable balls with those guys. The nr. 1 CB all of a sudden had something to worry about and defenses had to pull a safety to one side. It just changes the entire offense.

I don't think it'd be pretty dumb if the right guy falls.


The offenses best years under Favre were with Freeman as the top WR. "The right guy" as in a legit elite WR (that's what it would take for a rookie to start or get significant snaps on this team) is quite a long shot to fall to #26. Since that's not likely to happen then "hopefully" they aren't taking a WR in the 1st round.
Offline Wade  
#20 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:53:43 AM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 684
Applause Received: 718

I like James Jones, a lot. But I'd rather he wasn't the number one receiver.

I like Randall Cobb, a lot. But I'd rather he wasn't the number one receiver.

I like Jordy Nelson, a lot. But I'd rather he wasn't the number one receiver.

I think speed is over-rated when it comes to deciding who is the number one receiver. I think the keys for a #1 are (i) ability to separate at the line of scrimmage, (ii) quality of "evasive moves"; (iii) precision of route-running; and (iv) excellent hands.

That's why I think the Packers will likely miss Jennings more than people think. He is excellent at (i) and frigging outstanding at (ii) and (iii). I'm not worried about the hands of any of the three, not anymore. But while Cobb has sick moves, I don't think any of the remaining three have Jennings separation ability and route-running skills. And Nelson and Jones don't have his moves.

That combination is why Jennings is going to get big bucks from someone. And I hope it isn't someone in our division.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Rockmolder on 2/21/2013(UTC)
Offline dfosterf  
#21 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:26:27 AM(UTC)
dfosterf

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

United States
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 430

I like this kid Jarrett Boykin. He reminds me of JAMES JONES!, and everyone should know by now how I feel about that, Laugh as I prefer to remind everyone CONSTANTLY that I HAD HIM in the TEETH of you NAYSAYERS Razz I don't even think Boykin is slow like many say.

I can't believe Rock is getting off a book-end to CMIII to think WR. I'm not seeing it. We are still good at WR, imo.

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.



Offline Zero2Cool  
#22 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:34:59 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,231

I'd rather see Greg Jennings signed and see James Jones traded for a 2nd/3rd. Jennings injuries have me worried though so I can't say I'm hoping for that. I've always like James Jones, I just think Jennings compliments Cobb and Nelson better than Jones does.

Packers need a WR that will stretch the field. Someone with some speed.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#23 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:42:04 AM(UTC)
dfosterf

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

United States
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 430

I don't think we have the line or running game for a stretcher of the field. We do have a laser-accurate QB, and guys like Jones are very hard to cover without incurring PI penalties, as DB's have a tough time with physical WR's, at least as much as they do with burners, imo

I hate to see Jennings go, but I say we have bigger problems, notwithstanding what SEEMS to be an erosion of talent on the WR front.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.



Offline steveishere  
#24 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 12:57:58 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
I like James Jones, a lot. But I'd rather he wasn't the number one receiver.

I like Randall Cobb, a lot. But I'd rather he wasn't the number one receiver.

I like Jordy Nelson, a lot. But I'd rather he wasn't the number one receiver.


None of those guys are "the number 1 receiver" because all 3 of them are. Why is everyone stuck in this mindset that a team has to have a number 1 guy and then a bunch of supplimentary players? I don't see anything wrong with having 3-4 equally dangerous players that can hit a big play at any time. The fact of the matter is from top to bottom this team still has one of the most dangerous wr sets in the league.

What needs to improve is the blocking up front and the running game needs to be good enough that it can offer some support.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
dfosterf on 2/21/2013(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#25 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 1:34:50 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,153
Applause Received: 1,522

There are only 2 WR that could be considered "elite" in this draft.

Code:

Rank	Player		    Rank	School	        Class	Ht.	  Wt.	Proj. Round
13	*Keenan Allen	        1	California	      Jr	6-3	  210	1
19	*Cordarrelle Patterson	2	Tennessee	      Jr    6-3	  205	1
35	*DeAndre Hopkins	    3	Clemson	           Jr	6-1	  200	1-2


If all the other teams are grabbing OL, DL and LB then it makes sense to take Allen or Patterson if they fall that far. I just don't see it happening. Hopkins may be a 1st round pick but that doesn't make him elite.

I have seen a few other WR near Hopkins boards but once again. Not elite.
Some boards have Patterson rated higher than Allen. Some have them closer to the 26th pick than this board does.

UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Rockmolder on 2/21/2013(UTC)
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / hardrocker950

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

28-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / stevegb

28-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

27-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

27-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

27-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nyrpack

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / rabidgopher04

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann