Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 2:18:58 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,022

Let's say the lore of a magical Genie is proven true and your the grantee of the 3 wishes..

So what are your 3 wishes, and none of the wishes can be made for additional wishes, but no other exemptions are in play.

What are your three wishes?
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline Porforis  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 3:17:20 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

Wish 1: I wish for there to be an unused magic lamp sitting on the ground in front of me containing a genie who correctly interprets and grants wishes based on my intent, rather than in an ironically literal sense, with no restrictions on any wishes that may be granted.

Okay, okay, if I cannot wish for ANYTHING that will grant me more wishes (wish-granting machine, etc etc)...

Wish 1: I wish to exist in a state where I enjoy perpetual youth of mind and body, invulnerability to moderate to major injuries and disease, and an immunity from situations which would prevent me freedom of movement or the requirements for life (safe and breathable air, water, food, etc) or deprive me of the aforementioned abilities. I would retain the ability to give up any of these powers should I consciously, deliberately decide to do so.
Wish 2: I wish to have the ability to both grant myself and others, as well as take away abilities without any restrictions on duration, abilities, or quantity of abilities granted/taken away.
Wish 3: You've done a great job, genie. I wish that if you want mortality, you can have that. Otherwise if you wish to remain a genie that's fine too.

If any of you ever gets any wishes, PLEASE assume that the genie will be a douchebag and attempt to take what you're saying out of context or otherwise grant something other than what you're intending to ask for. In reality, my wishes would be much, much more detailed than what I listed above in an attempt to find and close any loopholes but I'm certainly not spending a few hours thinking about this question. :)
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 5:15:25 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,297

1. I wish all you dumbasses would just start doing what I advise.

2. I wish I could turn back the clock and take away Mia's tumor and cancer so that she wouldn't have suffered.

3. I turn back my third wish because I've had a wonderful life - good and bad. I wouldn't have changed a thing. I married a beautiful woman, have a home, plenty of money to live a full life, made 3 beautiful daughters, and have a plethora of wonderful friends, which includes all of you momulucs. I don't want for anything.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:15:51 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

Only THREE wishes? LOL!

Wow......first, my wife and my own health issues, to be GONE.

Then cash.....more then i need. So i could NOT have to wonder where the next dime is coming from, and i could help the people i have met that need assistance. I HATE always seeming to be the one having to ask for help. It's humbling and embarassing at the same time. I'd like to know what it's like to be on the giving end for a change.

I don't know what my third wish would be. I think the first two would pretty much cover it all.
UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 1:41:56 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 630
Applause Received: 648

1. I wish that I hadn't been such a complete fuck-up as an adult.
2. I wish that I could be better at developing good habits and self-discipline.
3. I wish that i could be worse at developing and keeping bad habits.
None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline gbguy20  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:04:41 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 280

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
Wish 1: I wish for there to be an unused magic lamp sitting on the ground in front of me containing a genie who correctly interprets and grants wishes based on my intent, rather than in an ironically literal sense, with no restrictions on any wishes that may be granted.

Okay, okay, if I cannot wish for ANYTHING that will grant me more wishes (wish-granting machine, etc etc)...

Wish 1: I wish to exist in a state where I enjoy perpetual youth of mind and body, invulnerability to moderate to major injuries and disease, and an immunity from situations which would prevent me freedom of movement or the requirements for life (safe and breathable air, water, food, etc) or deprive me of the aforementioned abilities. I would retain the ability to give up any of these powers should I consciously, deliberately decide to do so.
Wish 2: I wish to have the ability to both grant myself and others, as well as take away abilities without any restrictions on duration, abilities, or quantity of abilities granted/taken away.
Wish 3: You've done a great job, genie. I wish that if you want mortality, you can have that. Otherwise if you wish to remain a genie that's fine too.

If any of you ever gets any wishes, PLEASE assume that the genie will be a douchebag and attempt to take what you're saying out of context or otherwise grant something other than what you're intending to ask for. In reality, my wishes would be much, much more detailed than what I listed above in an attempt to find and close any loopholes but I'm certainly not spending a few hours thinking about this question. :)

I'm going to assume this guy is our resident conspiracy theorist

Edited by user Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:22:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

call me Dan
Offline Porforis  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:28:58 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
I'm going to assume this guy is our resident conspiracy theorist

Not at all. But when you're faced with asking for something from something that's basically all-powerful, or you're asking for something particularly outlandish that might have major unintended consequences or loopholes, can't hurt to be super careful and specific.
UserPostedImage
Offline macbob  
#8 Posted : Saturday, March 2, 2013 1:26:36 PM(UTC)
macbob

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Applause Given: 257
Applause Received: 226

1) Cowgirls fire their coach during the season after the Packers utterly humiliate them
2) Vikequeens fire THEIR coach during the season after getting drubbed by the Packers
3) Packers win the Super Bowl

What a great year that was. Now I wish could find another lamp... Dancing
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#9 Posted : Saturday, March 2, 2013 1:37:34 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,297

Originally Posted by: macbob Go to Quoted Post
1) Cowgirls fire their coach during the season after the Packers utterly humiliate them
2) Vikequeens fire THEIR coach during the season after getting drubbed by the Packers
3) Packers win the Super Bowl

Now I wish could find another lamp... Dancing

DejaVu. 2010 was a fun year, that team's resolve was incredible.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed