Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:37:13 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,221

Mike McCarthy wrote:
We do so much at the line of scrimmage, both offensively and defensively, I just think sometimes we rely on it too much.

When I call a play it may have three components. This one's good. This one might be a lot better. Well, good's good. A lot better is good, too.

But let's not always try to get to a lot better. There's a lot of merit in putting your hand in the ground, going after it and playing with faster tempo. No different on defense.

The thing everybody needs to do, if we've got to rely on scheme all the time to win then we're not doing what the head coach believes in.

Whip his ass. Stop worrying about if he's in a four-technique or a four-eye (technique). Keep it simple, stupid. KISS.

He also added this about the 49ers game .. "Did we handle the scheme very well? No. As coaches, we're supposed to put them in position to be successful. In the same breath, I don't want to hear about, 'We need to run this, we need to run that.' Let's just play our leverage and trust the guy next to us. Let's not be peeking and reacting to every damn thing."

I must agree 100%, fundamentals over scheme. If you have to run trick plays to beat someone, you aren't really beating them. That's why I don't care for the zone blocking scheme. I don't want finesse crap, I want big fatties pummeling their opponent into submission so when they line up against the Packers they be saying "ahhh shit, here is another ass whooping".
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 3 applause.
wpr on 2/27/2013(UTC), nerdmann on 2/27/2013(UTC), macbob on 3/2/2013(UTC)
Online wpr  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:28:36 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,141
Applause Received: 1,513

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
He also added this about the 49ers game .. "Did we handle the scheme very well? No. As coaches, we're supposed to put them in position to be successful. In the same breath, I don't want to hear about, 'We need to run this, we need to run that.' Let's just play our leverage and trust the guy next to us. Let's not be peeking and reacting to every damn thing."

I must agree 100%, fundamentals over scheme. If you have to run trick plays to beat someone, you aren't really beating them. That's why I don't care for the zone blocking scheme. I don't want finesse crap, I want big fatties pummeling their opponent into submission so when they line up against the Packers they be saying "ahhh shit, here is another ass whooping".

THIS!!!!!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause

Some of the best teams in the past had studs on the line that pummeled the opposition.

The Hogs in Washington. Steel Curtain. Dallas Doomsday defense also their OL in the 90's was excellent. Rams Fearsome Foursome with Deacon Jones, Merlin Olsen, and Rosey Grier. Jack Youngblood and Fred Dryer were added in the 70's.

Of course there is an exception to every rule. Those purple pansies were more hype than bite. That said Alan Page was a stud.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline Wade  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 1:49:12 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 683
Applause Received: 714

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
THIS!!!!!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause

Some of the best teams in the past had studs on the line that pummeled the opposition.

The Hogs in Washington. Steel Curtain. Dallas Doomsday defense also their OL in the 90's was excellent. Rams Fearsome Foursome with Deacon Jones, Merlin Olsen, and Rosey Grier. Jack Youngblood and Fred Dryer were added in the 70's.

Of course there is an exception to every rule. Those purple pansies were more hype than bite. That said Alan Page was a stud.

Well, that Eller feller was a pretty good player. Page was better overall, but I think Eller owned the Packers.

Next to Joe-who-needs-a-spiral-for-a-pass Kapp, I think Eller was my least favorite Viking back when I was a kid. He always seemed to be destroying Packer quarterbacks.

But if I could have go back and draft any VIking from that era for a football team today, I think it would be him.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Rss Feed