Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:07:27 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,229

I had said that since people claim he's a stud at Right Tackle, there was no way they would switch him ...

ProFootballTalk wrote:
Packers coach Mike McCarthy has vowed to have a better offensive line next season and he’s not willing to rule out any configuration of players to make that happen.

Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that the team will spend part of the offseason deciding whether they are better off with Bryan Bulaga on the left or the right side of the offensive line. The decision also includes an evaluation of current left tackle Marshall Newhouse and Don Barclay, who filled in at right tackle after Bulaga was lost for the season with a hip injury. Bulaga’s still recovering from that, which means that it will be a little while before the Packers can really start chewing on the options.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:47:11 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 400
Applause Received: 1,078

Who is missing from that blurb? Sherrod. I really am concerned about that kid resuming his career.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:14:38 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Who is missing from that blurb? Sherrod. I really am concerned about that kid resuming his career.

I noticed that too. If Sherrod is healthy then it is looking at Bulaga and Sherrod. If he is not healthy then they have to factor in Barclay and Newhouse. My initial reaction is go with Barclay. If Datko becomes a force then add him to the mix.

The real test of Sherrod's health will come on April 25 and 26th. If Uncle Ted picks up another OT Sherrod is most likely history.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline yooperfan  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:24:35 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 637
Applause Received: 295

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post

As I stated in another thread, I don't believe Sherrod will be the starter at left tackle for the Packers next season.
There is something off about the Sherrod story, or non-story.

Offline nerdmann  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:29:00 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,713
Applause Received: 665

Originally Posted by: yooperfan Go to Quoted Post
As I stated in another thread, I don't believe Sherrod will be the starter at left tackle for the Packers next season.
There is something off about the Sherrod story, or non-story.

Agreed.

If they're willing to move Bulaga over, that means there's something wrong with Sherrod's comeback.

Remember last offseason when Sitton joked to some reporter that Sherrod had "quit"? Maybe the dude just doesn't have it in him or something. Maybe the injury was too severe.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:31:16 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,229

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Agreed.

If they're willing to move Bulaga over, that means there's something wrong with Sherrod's comeback.

Remember last offseason when Sitton joked to some reporter that Sherrod had "quit"? Maybe the dude just doesn't have it in him or something. Maybe the injury was too severe.

Maybe they feel Derek Sherrod is more suited to playing right tackle? Why you so negative man? Dayum!!!
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Yerko  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:00:15 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 263

After Sherrod had broke his leg, I had a strange feeling that his career could possibly be over. That was a NASTY break. Information like this (without any mention of his name) makes me further believe that Sherrod will not play football again anytime soon.

Quite honestly, I have always though Bulaga would be the best option of LT on the Packers. Barclay showing some glimpses of being good on the right side might help make this move happen. Newhouse can be a backup for the LT and RT.

Bulaga-Lang-EDS (or rookie)- Sitton-Barclay (or rookie)

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed