Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:30:06 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,892
Applause Received: 2,089

Granted, when your wife is bringing home eight figures, it makes it easier to have this stance, lol.

Tom Brady wrote:
I don’t want to talk about this on the radio or anywhere else for that matter. Athletes are always talking about money at a time when everyone else is struggling so badly to make it. We all make way more than our fair share. And I just think it reflects poorly on myself and my teammates.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline Pack93z  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:36:24 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 1,044

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Granted, when your wife is bringing home eight figures, it makes it easier to have this stance, lol.

What is missing from this story is the fact that Brady got 30 Million to sign that three year extension at the home team discount. The Pats are playing with the future years of his contract cap dollars and give them short term room.

But it isn't like Brady gave up a damn thing.

PFTALK wrote:
The new contract signed Monday by Pats quarterback Tom Brady pays him $27 million total over the final three years. But he was paid $30 million as a bonus for applying his name to the dotted line at the bottom of the document.

Per a source with knowledge of the contract, Brady received a $30 million signing bonus. He’ll also receive a base salary of $1 million this year and $2 million in 2014.

This device, given the three new contract years, results in a cap number of $13.8 million in 2013 — $8 million less than the cap number under his prior deal. Of that amount, $6.8 million comes from past contracts. Another $6 million comes from the initial proration of the new signing bonus.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DakotaT on 2/27/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:55:03 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
What is missing from this story is the fact that Brady got 30 Million to sign that three year extension at the home team discount. The Pats are playing with the future years of his contract cap dollars and give them short term room.

But it isn't like Brady gave up a damn thing.

What is missing is your failure to love Tom Brady. He is thinking about the athletes who always talk about money, while so many don't have it. He has a good point and it saddens me, no, it depresses me, clinically, that you would rather avoid that and say "look here he has this much money!!".

Damn kids these days, I tell ya!

Big Grin
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:00:43 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 1,044

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
What is missing is your failure to love Tom Brady. He is thinking about the athletes who always talk about money, while so many don't have it. He has a good point and it saddens me, no, it depresses me, clinically, that you would rather avoid that and say "look here he has this much money!!".

Damn kids these days, I tell ya!

Big Grin

I will admit I have a defined bias towards his coach, and really for the most part don't care for what the QB position stands for.

While it is somewhat admirable to applaud him for not gloating, what is his motivation? Is it to allow the general media tout his noble team oriented contract while ignoring the fact that he was paid richly up front to sign that extension in which the Pats could push out more cap numbers into the future.

It serves him no good to talk about this deal in which ESPN is slurping up the noble angle.. cynical.. probably. Reality.. probably as well.

Plus I loath Billy the Cheat.. so there is always that. Big Grin
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:01:41 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,899
Applause Received: 1,408

sorry. I don't have to like Tom Brady regardless of whether or not he talks about the pile of gold he has acquired. He plays for Belicheet. That is enough for me.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:07:00 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Plus I loath Billy the Cheat.. so there is always that. Big Grin

You might loath Billy the Cheat, but you love you some Hoodie!!
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:58:57 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 650
Applause Received: 1,338

I don't hate Tom Brady for any of the above stated reasons. I hate his guts cause he gets premium tail and i'm jealous, and cause he gets to wear a skirt on the field except in the Super Bowl when they can't protect him with all the eyes on the game and game credibility on the line.
UserPostedImage