Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wpr  
#21 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:26:06 AM(UTC)
I almost can not see Shawn's sig comment:

"People gather bundles of sticks to build bridges they never cross."

Is it white?
Zero2Cool  
#22 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:26:48 AM(UTC)
Pack93z said: Go to Quoted Post
Curious question though... why not rename it and leave it in the background for those of us complainers that wish to stick with the old way?

I tried adding a background color, but I am not sure if that is better.
wpr  
#23 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:30:15 AM(UTC)
black lettering on dark green(?) yuck.

It hurts us. It burns us. gollum. make it stop. make it stop. gollum gollum.

edit-
Zero2Cool  
#24 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:32:32 AM(UTC)
I think I was able to find the better of both worlds. :) Saves me work on redoing the Dark theme, and also redoing the other pages of the site. :)
Pack93z  
#25 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:42:23 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
I think I was able to find the better of both worlds. :) Saves me work on redoing the Dark theme, and also redoing the other pages of the site. :)

I knew you could.. this is much more pleasing again. [grin1]

Wayne.. color is Wheat...

I was almost starting to gather and collect sticks this morning.. UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Zero2Cool  
#26 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:45:17 AM(UTC)
I really didn't want to have to redo the PHDark them under pressure lol ... so even though Wayne says it was a whine, long term, it helped. That is why I always say, speak up! :)

I also changed the font color from Calibri (or whatever) to Verdana ... MUCH MUCH gooder to view.

ugh, the Post button is tiny on quick reply ... UGHHHH so annoying!
yooperfan  
#27 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:47:20 AM(UTC)
I like it but at first I had to double check to see if I was on my favorite site or If I had been somehow shuffled off to some other site by mistake.
Pack93z  
#28 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:49:54 AM(UTC)

ugh, the Post button is tiny on quick reply ... UGHHHH so annoying!

Seems fine by me.. yes a bit more condensed but would be a lower level concern IMO.
olds70supreme  
#29 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:51:20 AM(UTC)
I really prefer the new light theme over the old dark. My thoughts are...

The contrast between the dark green borders and the new light theme (center) is too great, it drives my eyes batty after awhile.

(Probably already being worked on, but) The text in all the yellow-background buttons is currently white, which is hard to see. If it was black or dark green it would make it easier to read and make it look snazzier as well.

Pack93z  
#30 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:53:48 AM(UTC)
Just another notice... the quote boxes are going to need to be adjusted with the narrow format.

Pack93z attached the following image(s):
ThemeQuoteBoxes.JPG (185kb) downloaded 37 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Zero2Cool  
#31 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:55:32 AM(UTC)
olds70supreme said: Go to Quoted Post
I really prefer the new light theme over the old dark. My thoughts are...

The contrast between the dark green borders and the new light theme (center) is too great, it drives my eyes batty after awhile.

(Probably already being worked on, but) The text in all the yellow-background buttons is currently white, which is hard to see. If it was black or dark green it would make it easier to read and make it look snazzier as well.

I attached a graphic and labeled a few things I think you might be referring to. Can you use that and elaborate please?

A: I intend on using a graphic for this in the background. Also, the plan is to have some module/blocks there with things like the Packers Schedule, top 10 applaud getters, etc ...
Zero2Cool attached the following image(s):
Untitled-1.jpg (158kb) downloaded 83 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Pack93z  
#32 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:11:12 AM(UTC)
I like the backdrop of the stadium.. make it static in nature so when you scroll that it doesn't roll would be excellent. But I like it as the backdrop.
Zero2Cool  
#33 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:28:23 AM(UTC)
I want to thank you for opening up a can worms for me Shawn, lol.

I think I have made the necessary tweaks to make it look better now. There was a damn gap around the header an footer ... ticked me off. You'd think setting width to 100% would fix that quick, but noooooo! :)
Pack93z  
#34 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:34:34 AM(UTC)
I want to thank you for opening up a can worms for me Shawn, lol.

Sorry.. I have to exit for a while today.. so you should be safe from the power curse of my UserPostedImage.
Zero2Cool  
#35 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:40:11 AM(UTC)
Pack93z said: Go to Quoted Post
Sorry.. I have to exit for a while today.. so you should be safe from the power curse of my UserPostedImage.

It had to be done and I'm glad you brought it up. You know I appreciate your comments.

btw, I added a new smiley.
olds70supreme  
#36 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:47:15 AM(UTC)
Quote:
I attached a graphic and labeled a few things I think you might be referring to. Can you use that and elaborate please?

A: I intend on using a graphic for this in the background. Also, the plan is to have some module/blocks there with things like the Packers Schedule, top 10 applaud getters, etc ...

Zero,

"A" is the dark green that I was referring to as being to large a contrast. The black and white graphic solves this nicely.

"B" and "C" are completely different on my screen than your graphic. On mine, the buttons ("C") are solid gold/yellow, with white text. Similar to the Preview/Post/Cancel buttons in the graphic below.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool  
#37 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:49:33 AM(UTC)
olds70supreme said: Go to Quoted Post
Zero,

"A" is the dark green that I was referring to as being to large a contrast. The black and white graphic solves this nicely.

"B" and "C" are completely different on my screen than your graphic. On mine, the buttons ("C") are solid gold/yellow, with white text. Similar to the Preview/Post/Cancel buttons in the graphic below.

UserPostedImage

lol sorry I made some changes since I made that.

You're also using Internet Explorer, correct? If you take a peak at the site with Chrome or FireFox, you'll see the better version. For whatever reason, IE requires special tweaks/hacks to make the site look good in their browser. When the theme is completed, I will go through and make it look the same on IE.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Pack93z  
#38 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 11:32:12 AM(UTC)
Just want to pass along a thumbs up on the changes to the PHDark Theme.. my stubbornness and time constraints today are preventing me from commenting on the light theme.

I really like the image in the borders.
Zero2Cool  
#39 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 6:43:15 PM(UTC)
Made quite a few changes to this theme.
Zero2Cool  
#40 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 10:10:08 PM(UTC)
Okay I think I am done tinkering with it for the night. The IE version is not complete, but it should look presentable in Chrome and FireFox ... since they can handle CSS3 and IE is a loser and I'll have to make graphics ... ugh ... IE ... ugh...
Rss Feed