Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:03:17 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 398

Yes, we have a young team and Rodgers has plenty of years of playing left. But if we don't get back to the SB, this year or possibly next. It is going to get extremely difficult. The reason, being is money. Once Matthews, Raji, and more important Rodgers, we are going to have so much less room under the cap for the rest of the roster. Look at Rodgers and Brees, 17+million cap number for Brees, <10million for Rodgers. 7 million dollars difference, That is easily money to retain or upgrade 3 or 4 other positions.

Rodgers has been heard saying, how much is enough. The big question is, what will he say when it is payday. How much pressure will the NFLPA put on him to max out for the next guy.

That is why, I think Ted needs to go all-in for a year or even 2. It can be done, without destroying the future. It would be hard to find 6 or 7 roster spots for rookies. We could afford to move up this year and come away with 3 or 4 higher quality picks. We could afford to spend short term. Talk with Jennings and pay a little more than Packers normally, and a little less than he would want, in order to shoot for a title. Maybe go after Jenks or another FA that fills a need along either or both lines.

We are in position, to do some of those things and come out the other side, still with youth and depth. In a couple years, those options are going to be much harder to attempt.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 1/8/2014(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:08:52 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,714
Applause Received: 665

The salary cap will start expanding again after 2015 or something like that.

The players union took all the salary cap expansion for the next few years up front to make it seem like they had a better deal than they did.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:20:02 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 398

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
The salary cap will start expanding again after 2015 or something like that.

The players union took all the salary cap expansion for the next few years up front to make it seem like they had a better deal than they did.


Doesn't really matter what the cap is. It is more about how much of it is tied up in few players. We have had success recently because we were not paying the high end contracts that we are going to have shortly. When they are done, we won't be able to afford the quality depth we have had the benefit of having.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Rockmolder  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 4:46:40 AM(UTC)
Rockmolder

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 161
Applause Received: 263

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
The salary cap will start expanding again after 2015 or something like that.

The players union took all the salary cap expansion for the next few years up front to make it seem like they had a better deal than they did.


They made it so it'd go up more evenly throughout the years, from what I read (can't remember the source). If they hadn't done that, the cap would've actually gone down in 2012, before jumping up millions in 2015.

Anyway, I don't think we should go all-out on player spending right now, especially not on a just decent talent like Jennings, but I would like to trade up quite a bit and get some impact players in the draft. It's the affordable way of being aggressive, yet, not as expensive as signing big FAs.

We have amazing depth and we should retain that, while not stocking up on even more 6th, 7th round projects. At least, not for a year. Of course, you'll have to go back to your old strategy sooner or later or you'll be depleted of depth in a year or three, but for one year, just trade up and finish the draft with a pick or 5.

Anyway, that said, I don't think we're in as much trouble as you think we are. Even if you have a lot of money tied up in your QB position, you're still contending. Look at the Broncos, the Patriots, the Steelers... Of course you have to work around that contract at times, but it's very much possible. Even if you have to let a big name guy go from time to time.

For example, we could open up some cap space right now by letting Bishop and/or Hawk go and having Jones and Williams start... A blow to our defense, yes, but one that you can play around and doesn't hit us that hard, because of the depth we have.

Of course, I do agree with you that it'll become rather hard when 3 of your players count for 40 million dollars against the cap. I'm still hoping that Rodgers will feel a bit generous when his contract comes up and that that thinking gets to the other guys, as well, but let's be real here... These guys like to get paid and they don't owe the Packers anything, really.

I don't think the window is closing, I just think that the Pack have to play it even smarter.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 1/8/2014(UTC)
Online steveishere  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 6:23:04 AM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

The Window is not closing. Though I do agree the team is solid enough right now that trading up for better players wouldn't hurt. The thing with that is you can't do it just to do it the right player has to be there to trade up for. I don't see Jennings taking "a little less" to come back to GB though, to me he sounds perfectly fine with playing to any other team. He is likely going to whoever gives him the most money, period.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 6:26:15 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,229

The window has closed already. Missing out on 2011 and 2012, that was the window for this regime. I think Mike McCarthy needs a fresh start somewhere else. The team is no longer respecting him, starting with his QB.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:03:08 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
The window has closed already. Missing out on 2011 and 2012, that was the window for this regime. I think Mike McCarthy needs a fresh start somewhere else. The team is no longer respecting him, starting with his QB.


I don't think McCarthy has lost his team. I think he just needs to adjust a bit - play down the pass and play up the run. Play a tougher game. That starts up front offensively with your line. we were manhadled against top pass rushing lines because we were too often in pass blocking sets - highly predictable.

I also believe our losses to injury have really hurt us more than anything. That, and our depth defensively up front killed us. We had no legit starting DE. Save Perry, we had no one opposite Matthews, and Perry was just learning the position and was lost early. Losing Collins, Jenkins and Bishop killed us, and we've yet to find quality replacements.

Give Capers the players he needs for his D to be effective, along with a more punishing offense, and I like our chances. A big back and some OL adjustments would certainly help.
Offline Porforis  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:04:58 AM(UTC)
Porforis

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
Yes, we have a young team and Rodgers has plenty of years of playing left. But if we don't get back to the SB, this year or possibly next. It is going to get extremely difficult. The reason, being is money. Once Matthews, Raji, and more important Rodgers, we are going to have so much less room under the cap for the rest of the roster. Look at Rodgers and Brees, 17+million cap number for Brees, <10million for Rodgers. 7 million dollars difference, That is easily money to retain or upgrade 3 or 4 other positions.

Rodgers has been heard saying, how much is enough. The big question is, what will he say when it is payday. How much pressure will the NFLPA put on him to max out for the next guy.

That is why, I think Ted needs to go all-in for a year or even 2. It can be done, without destroying the future. It would be hard to find 6 or 7 roster spots for rookies. We could afford to move up this year and come away with 3 or 4 higher quality picks. We could afford to spend short term. Talk with Jennings and pay a little more than Packers normally, and a little less than he would want, in order to shoot for a title. Maybe go after Jenks or another FA that fills a need along either or both lines.

We are in position, to do some of those things and come out the other side, still with youth and depth. In a couple years, those options are going to be much harder to attempt.


While I would certainly like to see more willingness to make mid-season free agent purchases (and not just when we don't have enough bodies left to fill roster spots), we've gotten a number of starting-quality players out of the last draft and I have no doubt that we will see at least one, probably two players out of this coming draft in a starting role and at least two more in a backup role right off the bat. If Ted weren't such a draft genius, he'd deserve to be run out of town on a rail - but that's the cornerstone of his team building philosophy.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:09:46 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
I don't think McCarthy has lost his team. I think he just needs to adjust a bit - play down the pass and play up the run. Play a tougher game. That starts up front offensively with your line. we were manhadled against top pass rushing lines because we were too often in pass blocking sets - highly predictable.

I also believe our losses to injury have really hurt us more than anything. That, and our depth defensively up front killed us. We had no legit starting DE. Save Perry, we had no one opposite Matthews, and Perry was just learning the position and was lost early. Losing Collins, Jenkins and Bishop killed us, and we've yet to find quality replacements.

Give Capers the players he needs for his D to be effective, along with a more punishing offense, and I like our chances. A big back and some OL adjustments would certainly help.


You may want to check with Kevin, I think he was being a little facetious with his comment.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline PackerTraxx  
#10 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:58:43 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/13/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

I agree the window is closing, but not very much at this point. Rodgers should have another five or so good years and I think that is a key. If he keeps getting sacked around 50 times a years like last year it could slam shut any time. If they surround him with good players where he is protected and get results it could stay open longer. TT's solid drafts can keep us contenders but a couple of pro bowl type draftees or free agents could put us over the hump. Granted, that's much easier said than done at our position draft wise and cap wise.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline nerdmann  
#11 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 3:43:30 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,714
Applause Received: 665

Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx Go to Quoted Post
I agree the window is closing, but not very much at this point. Rodgers should have another five or so good years and I think that is a key. If he keeps getting sacked around 50 times a years like last year it could slam shut any time. If they surround him with good players where he is protected and get results it could stay open longer. TT's solid drafts can keep us contenders but a couple of pro bowl type draftees or free agents could put us over the hump. Granted, that's much easier said than done at our position draft wise and cap wise.


We need an OLB opposite Clay.

Be nice to see BJ Coleman come along too. Imagine being able to win even if Aaron went down.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline rabidgopher04  
#12 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 10:49:03 AM(UTC)
rabidgopher04

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 114
Applause Received: 127

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
You may want to check with Kevin, I think he was being a little facetious with his comment.


I wouldn't be so sure. He's said this before.
Do you like bacon?
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#13 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 11:48:46 AM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Who wouldn't want Mike McCarthy as a head coach on their team? The man has great passion for the game, you see it on the sidelines every game. And he's a hell of a Offensive Guru and a awesome QB mentor. It's hard to think this team doesn't like him. 74-38 Record speaks for itself.
Offline wpr  
#14 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 12:24:33 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

Originally Posted by: rabidgopher04 Go to Quoted Post
I wouldn't be so sure. He's said this before.


so a guy can't have a recurring theme and still be a smart@SS? Face. Palm.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline shield4life  
#15 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 12:27:20 PM(UTC)
shield4life

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Montreal

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 24

Nick Perry coming back will help us a lot, his speed can be used against these new breed of quarterbacks!
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Offline rabidgopher04  
#16 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 1:50:43 PM(UTC)
rabidgopher04

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 114
Applause Received: 127

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
so a guy can't have a recurring theme and still be a smart@SS? Face. Palm.


Not Zero, never. He's a straight shooter 100% of the time.
Do you like bacon?
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 1/8/2014(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#17 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 12:04:48 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 400
Applause Received: 1,078

Much like Flacco's deal.. or Brady's.. Rodgers deal will be structured so that it allows the cap hit yearly to be manageable and something that will be reworked in the future.

That is not minimizing the impacts those contracts will have on our future, but it will be more in the terms of exchanging a Woodson and Pickett for a Matthews and Raji in terms of consumed cap hit. Additionally, Ted has married this team to his more or less building through the draft approach.. so for that window to be pushed even more open again.. he has to hit again this draft for fill in pieces and Mike McCarthy and co need to continue to develop from the past two draft classes.

Looking around the league, almost every contender pass the Niners at the moment are having their windows adjusted more than ours. Maybe the Pats.

The nature of a flat cap and many teams pushing out cap hits over the past couple years. The Packers haven't done much of that.. and I don't expect much of it moving forward other than Rodgers.

The Packers have known these three players were coming up.. and entrust they have a plan to manage it and remain very much in the discussion for the Lombardi yearly.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#18 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 12:27:41 PM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Much like Flacco's deal.. or Brady's.. Rodgers deal will be structured so that it allows the cap hit yearly to be manageable and something that will be reworked in the future.

That is not minimizing the impacts those contracts will have on our future, but it will be more in the terms of exchanging a Woodson and Pickett for a Matthews and Raji in terms of consumed cap hit. Additionally, Ted has married this team to his more or less building through the draft approach.. so for that window to be pushed even more open again.. he has to hit again this draft for fill in pieces and Mike McCarthy and co need to continue to develop from the past two draft classes.

Looking around the league, almost every contender pass the Niners at the moment are having their windows adjusted more than ours. Maybe the Pats.

The nature of a flat cap and many teams pushing out cap hits over the past couple years. The Packers haven't done much of that.. and I don't expect much of it moving forward other than Rodgers.

The Packers have known these three players were coming up.. and entrust they have a plan to manage it and remain very much in the discussion for the Lombardi yearly.


This is a great thread, with a lot of good thoughts in here.

I was just thinking about this window, and what it is really. Rodgers is 29. Flacco signed a 6 yr $120M deal. We also have Matthews and Raji figuring into a pretty big payout amongst just these 3 players.

Maybe Ted wants to throw an enormous SB at one or all 3 of these players to minimize cap figures going forward, and is willing to not play at all in FA, and essentially take a shot with draft development players only this season to help offset this cost.

Maybe the window is open just a crack this year, and he gambles on that by getting all three signed, with huge sums of their contracts absorbed through gigantic signing bonuses paid out in one season, playing essentially with only his drafted and current players.

That window may open far wider than ever next season, by being a good cap position, in a year where the cap increases. Front loading as much as he can this year and taking a flyer on the season, with no big FA expenditures, could work in our favor for years to come, and I wouldn't mind it if this is Ted's plan.

My own zeal to win now, and for Ted to load up in FA for a SB run this year may be seriously unrealistic for our future, especially considering what BAL had to do to make Flacco's deal work:

"In 2013, Flacco will get a fully-guaranteed $29 million signing bonus and a $1 million base salary. In 2014, he's due a $15 million option bonus (guaranteed for injury) and a $6 million base salary. In 2015, it's a $7 million option bonus (guaranteed for injury) and a $4 million base salary. In 2016, he will earn an $18.2 million base salary. In 2017, the base salary increases to $20.6 million, and in 2018, it's a $20 million base." http://www.nfl.com/news/...-includes-52m-guaranteed

Ted's task is essentially to build Mario Williams & Joe Flacco-type contracts into our scale, and that's just considering Rodgers and Matthews. I'm afraid loading up, after considering this more, may not be an option. Taking the hit now and saying we are just going to offload as much high dollar contracts as possible could actually give us a more opportunities in the future. That's all banking on Rodgers playing well at age 31, 32, 33, 34, 35...

So, yeah, maybe the window is closing this year.
Offline QCHuskerFan  
#19 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 1:14:07 PM(UTC)
QCHuskerFan

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 12/30/2010(UTC)

Applause Given: 96
Applause Received: 161

It is my understanding that Signing Bonuses are paid out in year one, but, for Cap purposes, are amortized over the length of the contract to keep this very thing from happening. I don't think it is possible to sign all 3 with big signing bonuses and put it all in this year, thus minimizing the Cap effect in years to come.

Flacco is being paid $30M in 2013 and yet his Cap hit is only $6.8M due to the $29M in Signing bonus being spread over all 6 years of the contract.
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#20 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 1:54:30 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 398

Ted does not seem like a big fan of signing bonuses. By keeping the cap in check over his time, he has been able to work the salaries so we are never in cap hell, so he has more flexibility to pay bigger base salaries and use roster bonuses which keeps us out of cap hell going forward. Go back and look at Rodgers last deal. Of the 66 million, less that 1.5 was signing bonus. Cap space of 08 was used for a big chunk, and a Roster bonus in 09. The rest just base salary mostly with small yearly roster bonus.

It is really what keeps the team in good shape. Our dead cap money is under 1 million I believe. He is very good at getting the right players paid, and protecting the team from prorated SB hits if a player doesn't pan out or gets injured.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#21 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 2:03:35 PM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

One of my weaknesses is numbers, especially the cap related kind of stuff. I may have misspoke in this, and my apologies, as I was thinking of front loaded deals.

All I know is stopping for a moment in all the FA hype, and looking at Flacco's numbers, looking at Mario Williams' numbers of a year ago, and gauging what Ted is up against in getting all 3 of our guys signed is a very large task. As a fan, I'm changing my perspective with regards to our FA approach after considering this, and those insane Flacco/Williams #s.

Witnessing BAL's purge in order to re-sign Flacco looks very similar to what we are experiencing ourselves right now. Maybe our plan this season is just to line up who we have and see what happens.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2014 6:36:07 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,229

Yesterday Aaron Rodgers said the window has closed and now it's time to open a new window that will be open for the next four or five years. With that being said, I thought maybe the Packers will be active in free agency?
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 1/8/2014(UTC)
Offline DarkaneRules  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2014 7:29:19 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/15/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 357

As long as we have Aaron Rodgers, the window doesn't close.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline musccy  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2014 7:38:36 AM(UTC)
musccy

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 5/7/2009(UTC)
Location: Pennsylvania

Applause Given: 251
Applause Received: 234

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Yesterday Aaron Rodgers said the window has closed and now it's time to open a new window that will be open for the next four or five years. With that being said, I thought maybe the Packers will be active in free agency?


I listened to Jason Wilde's program as well and I think he was referring to the transition on the DLine most notably, but also Kuhn and Jones.

Offline Zero2Cool  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2014 7:59:58 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,229

Originally Posted by: musccy Go to Quoted Post
I listened to Jason Wilde's program as well and I think he was referring to the transition on the DLine most notably, but also Kuhn and Jones.



Aaron Rodgers wrote:
I think this is the end of a window and the beginning of a new one. This is the year when we can really open up a new window that can last for four or five years. It looks really bright. I think if you look at the core of our team, our offensive line is looking the way we want it, the receivers look incredible. We have a big-time back in Eddie (Lacy). Not sure what James Starks will do, (DuJuan Harris) is coming back.

We have a lot of things that are setting up to be really good for a long time. A lot of really good young players with Sam (Shields), Micah Hyde, Casey (Hayward), when Casey comes back (from a hamstring injury) and Morgan Burnett and Sean Richardson, and veteran guys playing well, A.J. (Hawk) had his best season, Clay (Matthews), (Ryan) Pickett, (B.J.) Raji, Johnny Jolly coming back.

This window has a chance to open up and be really bright for four or five years if you can get guys signed and keep them around. My contract is for six more years. I expect to be playing at a high level for all six of those years. We’ll see what happens after that. Maybe I’ll be able to go another three or four after that.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
16m / Green Bay Packers Talk / texaspackerbacker

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Laser Gunns

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nyrpack

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / rabidgopher04

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

25-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Rios39

25-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

24-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr