Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#16 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 10:03:11 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 305
Applause Received: 423

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Do you understand the concept of fans being disappointed in a player versus fans hating a player?

The Packer's defensive coaches keep asking him to cover TE's down the seams of the field, but he can't get that right, now can he Buckeye?

AJ has leverage this season, but he would be wise to restructure to ensure he stays a Packer for longer than this season.


Where has it been written the coaches keep asking him to cover TE's down the seam?
Are you now in the player/coaches meetings?

Hell take a look back at last year, Hawk wasn't on the field that much on passing downs.

There was a whole article written how The coaching staff did not want to burn out players, hoping to give EVERY player a break, the problem that has occured the last 3 years at the LB position is that A.J Hawk seems to be the only one who can stay healthy.

A.J Hawk could have been rated the best lb in the NFL over his career and you would find something to "BE DISSAPOINTED" about.

Just because he was a 1st rnd pick.

Stop with your bullsh*t "spins" and just admit no matter how he plays, he will never live up to your "expectations".

I say it every year, I hope one of these young guys "full of potential" will unseat A.J. Hawk, then he can leave Green Bay and go play elsewhere.

Bottom line, the article posted in this thread is just all "skeptisism", until Ted actually meets with Hawk and his agent, nobody knows what they will decide.

2012 A.J, Hawk was paid 6.54 mil, played every game
2012 D. Bissop was paid 4.25 mil, played 5 ...6 games?

Which player earned their contract min 2012????

Why are you not all over Bishop for being overpaid????
Why are you not all over bishop for not "playing up to his potential?"
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’.
Offline DakotaT  
#17 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 10:30:05 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 658
Applause Received: 1,347

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post


Stop with your bullsh*t "spins" and just admit no matter how he plays, he will never live up to your "expectations".



Yet you're positive you know what everybody thinks with regards to Hawk. Rolling Eyes Take off your The Ohio State goggles off and get reasonable. I root for Hawk, hell I have a Hawk jersey - but when he's getting torched in coverage I get a little upset because I know what he's getting paid.

If you can't follow rationale, then I guess we don't have anything else to talk about concerning AJ. Just don't insult other Packer fans on the issue because your little feelings get hurt when he's criticized.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#18 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 10:31:36 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,911
Applause Received: 2,117

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
I get a little upset because I know what he's getting paid.


That is the problem with players having their salaries public knowledge. It removes all bias. I'd prefer to be ignorant of the salaries, meaning no matter how hard one were to look, it wouldn't be discovered.
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#19 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 11:01:44 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 305
Applause Received: 423

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Yet you're positive you know what everybody thinks with regards to Hawk. Rolling Eyes Take off your The Ohio State goggles off and get reasonable. I root for Hawk, hell I have a Hawk jersey - but when he's getting torched in coverage I get a little upset because I know what he's getting paid.

If you can't follow rationale, then I guess we don't have anything else to talk about concerning AJ. Just don't insult other Packer fans on the issue because your little feelings get hurt when he's criticized.


What you don't understand is this, I DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHERE ANY PACKER PLAYER WENT TO COLLEGE!!!!!

I root for ANYONE who is on the field, I don't have my favorites, or guys who don't "live up to my expectations"

When are you going to figure it out?

Nobody is perfect, EVERYBODY gets beat now and then, doesn't matter how much they get paid.

You ARE NOT THE GM, you don't determine the worth of a player.
you ARE NOT THE HC,you don't determine how much playing time a player gets.

How many times in the past 3 years has A.J. Hawk been as you say "torched" over the middle?

I am betting less than 5, yet EVERY one of those plays ended up with a new thread being created on this forum, and you NEVER let a chance go by to let it be known how you feel.

I'm sorry you get bothered by how much any player gets paid, that's Ted Thompsons job.

Which playere earned their contract last year????

Hawk or Bishop????
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’.
Offline DakotaT  
#20 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 12:01:32 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 658
Applause Received: 1,347

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
That is the problem with players having their salaries public knowledge. It removes all bias. I'd prefer to be ignorant of the salaries, meaning no matter how hard one were to look, it wouldn't be discovered.


That's cause you're not an owner like Gunny and me. Big Grin
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#21 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 12:04:40 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 305
Applause Received: 423

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
That's cause you're not an owner like Gunny and me. Big Grin


Yea, I am, doesn't change my view of things.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’.
Offline DakotaT  
#22 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 12:06:35 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 658
Applause Received: 1,347

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
What you don't understand is this, I DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHERE ANY PACKER PLAYER WENT TO COLLEGE!!!!!

I root for ANYONE who is on the field, I don't have my favorites, or guys who don't "live up to my expectations"

When are you going to figure it out?

Nobody is perfect, EVERYBODY gets beat now and then, doesn't matter how much they get paid.

You ARE NOT THE GM, you don't determine the worth of a player.
you ARE NOT THE HC,you don't determine how much playing time a player gets.

How many times in the past 3 years has A.J. Hawk been as you say "torched" over the middle?

I am betting less than 5, yet EVERY one of those plays ended up with a new thread being created on this forum, and you NEVER let a chance go by to let it be known how you feel.

I'm sorry you get bothered by how much any player gets paid, that's Ted Thompsons job.

Which playere earned their contract last year????

Hawk or Bishop????


5 times in three years, huh? Do you even watch the games? The reason he gets yanked off the field on third down is because he too slow to match up with the new breed of TE. You don't pay top dollar for a linebacker that comes off the field on third down. Just like you don't spend $2M on a 5th or 6th receiver that doesn't play special teams. But yeah Buckeye, I'm the a$hole for pointing these things out. You win!
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#23 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 12:38:16 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 305
Applause Received: 423

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
5 times in three years, huh? Do you even watch the games? The reason he gets yanked off the field on third down is because he too slow to match up with the new breed of TE. You don't pay top dollar for a linebacker that comes off the field on third down. Just like you don't spend $2M on a 5th or 6th receiver that doesn't play special teams. But yeah Buckeye, I'm the a$hole for pointing these things out. You win!


Show me!!!
You're the one who claims to know everything, you have to have the games archived.

I remember 4 or 5 plays in the past 3 years that A.J. Hawk absolutely got beat.

Yes I record almost every game, and then break down those games, because I find it quite enjoyable.

What I don't pretend to be is a GM or a coach, thinking that I can evaluate what a player is or isn't worth.

You're damn right I am right, as usual, hell this has been going on for 5 years, sooner or later you will be right.

Just like the 6th or 7th receiver, sooner or later you will be right, I just enjoy you making an ass out of yourself the 3 or 4 years leading up to the point where you are right.

Sooner or later A.J Hawk will be replaced, not because he hasn't earned his money, but because someone will finally come along who plays the position better and can actually stay on the field.

I've said it before, when that day comes, that's when I start rooting for whoever that player is, my only hope is that it is someone who you also think is overpaid that way I can enjoy you once again staing how "dissapointed" you are.

Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’.
Offline DakotaT  
#24 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 1:28:50 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 658
Applause Received: 1,347

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
Show me!!!
You're the one who claims to know everything, you have to have the games archived.

I remember 4 or 5 plays in the past 3 years that A.J. Hawk absolutely got beat.

Yes I record almost every game, and then break down those games, because I find it quite enjoyable.

What I don't pretend to be is a GM or a coach, thinking that I can evaluate what a player is or isn't worth.

You're damn right I am right, as usual, hell this has been going on for 5 years, sooner or later you will be right.

Just like the 6th or 7th receiver, sooner or later you will be right, I just enjoy you making an ass out of yourself the 3 or 4 years leading up to the point where you are right.

Sooner or later A.J Hawk will be replaced, not because he hasn't earned his money, but because someone will finally come along who plays the position better and can actually stay on the field.

I've said it before, when that day comes, that's when I start rooting for whoever that player is, my only hope is that it is someone who you also think is overpaid that way I can enjoy you once again staing how "dissapointed" you are.



Just rewatch the San Fran and New Orleans games over the last couple years Mr. Archiver. You're the one that makes an ass of himself with your expert "predictions" that are about 20% right. I guess even the sun shines on a dog's ass once in a while Buckeye. I struck a chord with you on AJ and DD, get over it Susie and let's move on.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#25 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 1:33:27 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,911
Applause Received: 2,117

It's better to put yourself out there and make a prediction than coming back after the fact with brilliant hindsight 'facts'. :)


I still say we shouldn't know who gets what for financial compensation. It serves us fans no purpose.
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#26 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 1:51:11 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 658
Applause Received: 1,347

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
It's better to put yourself out there and make a prediction than coming back after the fact with brilliant hindsight 'facts'. :)




But Buckeye's the person playing GM not me who actually comments on play of the players. Buckeye must be a Republican - do the crime and point to the other guy.


There's is no way Driver should have been on the team in 2012, hell he stood in street clothes half the year, but he collected his salary didn't he? And AJ Hawk should be taking a paycut - right now. He can't be cut because of the contract he signed. Kudos to Hawk's agent, all of Ohio must be rejoicing.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#27 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 1:54:47 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,911
Applause Received: 2,117

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
But Buckeye's the person playing GM not me who actually comments on play of the players. Buckeye must be a Republican - do the crime and point to the other guy.


There's is no way Driver should have been on the team in 2012, hell he stood in street clothes half the year, but he collected his salary didn't he? And AJ Hawk should be taking a paycut - right now. He can't be cut because of the contract he signed. Kudos to Hawk's agent, all of Ohio must be rejoicing.


I don't think saying something about a political party helps anything nor is it relevant. Donald Driver earned his way onto the roster. The guy had the best training camp. I was there, I seen it. I posted about it. Do I think he was worth his salary? Not really, but then again, I'd rather be blissfully ignorant on the salaries of players.

I don't think anyone in Ohio cares about A.J. Hawk's contract. Hawk is a two down linebacker who is assignment sure and lacks sizzle. We all knew this BEFORE the draft, before he was drafted. It was said over and over, he has reached his ceiling, but is a very safe pick.

Hawk is a good linebacker. Is he worth his salary? I think an argument could be made that 95% of the athletes in this country do not have a worth in their salary.

You both have opinion's and that's cool. I think ya guys just need to respect that you disagree and carry on to a new topic.
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#28 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 2:13:35 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 658
Applause Received: 1,347

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I don't think saying something about a political party helps anything nor is it relevant. Donald Driver earned his way onto the roster. The guy had the best training camp. I was there, I seen it. I posted about it. Do I think he was worth his salary? Not really, but then again, I'd rather be blissfully ignorant on the salaries of players.

I don't think anyone in Ohio cares about A.J. Hawk's contract. Hawk is a two down linebacker who is assignment sure and lacks sizzle. We all knew this BEFORE the draft, before he was drafted. It was said over and over, he has reached his ceiling, but is a very safe pick.

Hawk is a good linebacker. Is he worth his salary? I think an argument could be made that 95% of the athletes in this country do not have a worth in their salary.

You both have opinion's and that's cool. I think ya guys just need to respect that you disagree and carry on to a new topic.


Well I'm not a bitch, Zero, and if someone insults me I'm going to defend myself. And the fricken guy has been needling me.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#29 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 2:18:48 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,911
Applause Received: 2,117

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Well I'm not a bitch, Zero, and if someone insults me I'm going to defend myself. And the fricken guy has been needling me.


Just expand on this topic. He'll understand. :P

http://packershome.com/f...aspx?g=posts&t=15782



No one thinks you're a bitch. You two just have different opinions. Nothing more.
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#30 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 3:03:15 PM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post


A.J Hawk could have been rated the best lb in the NFL over his career and you would find something to "BE DISSAPOINTED" about.

Just because he was a 1st rnd pick.

Stop with your bullsh*t "spins" and just admit no matter how he plays, he will never live up to your "expectations".

2012 A.J, Hawk was paid 6.54 mil, played every game
2012 D. Bissop was paid 4.25 mil, played 5 ...6 games?

Which player earned their contract min 2012????

Why are you not all over Bishop for being overpaid????
Why are you not all over bishop for not "playing up to his potential?"


I think these comments are completely off the tracks. What Packers fan wouldn't love to see their MLB be one of the best in the NFL? Wouldn't appreciate that? I wish Hawk was in the top 5 or 10 MLBs!!! He's not even that! But, he is paid more than any SF linebacker. WTF?!!!!

I posted unbiased ranking of all LBs and all ILBs in another thread. Hawk didn't rank in the top 50 LBs, and was ranked somewhere around 32-34 amongst ILBs off the top of my head. He is way overpaid.

Hawk burned over the middle only 5 times in the past 3 seasons. Did you have your glasses on? The clear ones?
 
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
4 Pages<1234>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.401 seconds.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
17m / Green Bay Packers Talk / hardrocker950

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

4h / Fantasy Sports Talk / Smokey

6h / Fantasy Sports Talk / Smokey

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / porky88

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

8h / Random Babble / Smokey

10h / Around The NFL / wpr

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

10h / Random Babble / Smokey


Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.