Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sschind  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 6:24:40 PM(UTC)
sschind

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/5/2013(UTC)
Location: SE WISCONSIN

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 450

... if Ted Thompson decided to draft it in the first round?

In another thread QChuskerfan posed the question of which position is the most in need of upgrading.

That made me think of another question? Is there any position that Ted Thompson could draft at #26 that would absolutely drive you mad. Eliminate the obvious punter and place kicker (although after Crosby's performance I'm guessing there would be a few people who wouldn't mind that.) Also, since there is no Andrew Luck or RGIII available this year and we have the best QB in the league I would think QB would also be obvious. Other than that I can't think of a position that would truly make me question TTs sanity if the right guy fell. Some people say never take a RB in the first round but if some like a Trent Richardson fell to you at 26 would you take him? I understand there is probably no one like that this year so I would say RB would be my second choice. I'm not talking about taking a guy at a position who is rated as a low first round pick either, I'm talking about if the top guy or couple of guys at any given position on everyones board fell would you be upset if Ted Thompson took him?

Hopefully I made myself clear. My thoughts are that if the right guy fell (and I don't follow college football so I don't know who these guys would be) the only positions that would make no sense to me would be QB, punter and kicker. For any other position, if the right guy fell I feel we could use the upgrade.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 6:29:45 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,230

K or P ... either would piss me off.

Aside from that, no position. Some will say QB, but how many teams have an elite QB? Are there any prospects that could be elite? Who knows, Tom Brady was drafted 6th round. That said, I'd rather them get help for NOW, not for more picks in the future. So, QB would be 3rd on my 'wtf' list.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 6:40:13 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

spending a 1 for OT might but one of those questionable selections. Of course that would mean there are issues with Sherrod or Bulaga.
TE in the first would be a real shock.
next would be RB.
I would like to see them draft a C but I prefer getting one on Day 2.
with 3-4 pretty good CB taking another in the 1st would be a surprise.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 6:47:04 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457

Tough to comment on the WR and TE position right now, Jennings is all but gone, so if a WR was best player on the board at 26 it wouldn't bother me too much.

Finley still a big ?, I have seen where there are a couple of TE's that are predicted to go in 1st rnd, again if Finley is gone I wouldn't have a problem with Ted going after a TE.

A miracle happens and both Jennings and Finley come back, then WR and TE would be the 2 positions that would be on my "wtf" list.

OG would be right up there also.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 7:17:42 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

WR or TE. Either one we won't benefit from. Even if Finley leaves is it really worth it to get a TE in the first round? We got 3 reliable WRs in Nelson Jones and Cobb. We can get a guy later in the draft to fill that need. I understand everyone wouldn't mind a WR because Jennings leaving but think about it, we'll have the same problems as last year. Not getting pressure on the QB, not protecting the QB, etc. I'm pretty sure the Pack will go for the best value on defense. I just don't see any reason to get a skill position unless it's running back.
Offline Pack93z  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 7:23:04 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 400
Applause Received: 1,078

I can only think of three spots in this particular draft that would piss me off..

1. QB - This is a weak QB draft...

2. P - We are set and in no draft should a non football player be picked in the first round. Big Grin

3. K - See #2.

After that.. one could make an argument for just about any other position.. so BPA should rule.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 7:27:21 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 457

Got to laugh, JSonline just come out with their new mock draft, they have The Packers taking an OG.

The one position I had on my list after WR and TE.

It's on JS!!!!! We'll see who knows more about drafting!!!!

Wanna Box? Wanna Box? Wanna Box?
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline QCHuskerFan  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 8:02:28 PM(UTC)
QCHuskerFan

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 12/30/2010(UTC)

Applause Given: 96
Applause Received: 161

Good question. I'm like most and don't think there is anything that would upset me in the first round.

I think that's because most of us can't identify a glaring weakness. Lots of needs, yes. But nothing like last year.
Online Mucky Tundra  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 8:20:31 PM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 1/11/2013(UTC)
Location: Murray, Kentucky

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 487

Assuming Finley sticks around it would be TE. I mean, doesn't the average NFL team usually only carry 3 on their roster while this team has had 5 the past two years? I've seen mock drafts say GB needs a TE in order to get better production out of this position. No, we need to actually use the ones on the roster a little more besides using them in obvious run situations. We gripe about not having a short passing game and isn't that what TEs are good for?
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 8:53:31 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 669
Applause Received: 1,376

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
Got to laugh, JSonline just come out with their new mock draft, they have The Packers taking an OG.

The one position I had on my list after WR and TE.

It's on JS!!!!! We'll see who knows more about drafting!!!!

Wanna Box? Wanna Box? Wanna Box?


You're just like Gunny, don't know shit from shinola. Big Grin

I'd rather we took a legitimate center than a guard, but interior run blocker is a must.

Would anybody give up our #1 for Revis and the Jets 3rd?
UserPostedImage
Online nerdmann  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 11:40:50 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,714
Applause Received: 665

Long snapper.

If Ted took a G, I would assume he's playing C or they're moving Lang over.

I honestly do have a great deal of faith in Ted. He's probably looking at what position will have contracts coming up in two years. Either way, he's a great talent evaluator and whoever he takes is probably gonna be good.

Our biggest need right now is general depth.

I'd like to see OLB and DL, but we can be stocked anywhere right now and it would help.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline play2win  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:17:07 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Buckeye, you're not alone.

For me, it would have to be OG. A close second would be CB. That's all discounting QB, P, K...

Watch, we draft OG and CB with our first two picks!
Offline Porforis  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:22:48 AM(UTC)
Porforis

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

QB or P. Best player available or no, you don't need to draft someone that has zero value for your team when we've got holes to fill.
UserPostedImage
Offline JustJeff  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 10:28:22 AM(UTC)
JustJeff

Rank: 7th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 2/5/2013(UTC)
Location: Backin' the Pack

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 16

If I were running the draft, Cooper would be the only offensive player I would want at #26.

I don't think a position selection would tick me off. Slot value might, but Teddy Ballgame reaching at a slot? How can you get mad at Teddy Ballgame when the whole world thought Nick Collins was a reach?

When it comes to the draft, in Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson I trust.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 10:49:53 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,230

Originally Posted by: JustJeff Go to Quoted Post
If I were running the draft, Cooper would be the only offensive player I would want at #26.

I don't think a position selection would tick me off. Slot value might, but Teddy Ballgame reaching at a slot? How can you get mad at Teddy Ballgame when the whole world thought Nick Collins was a reach?

When it comes to the draft, in Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson I trust.


World minus the Ravens who called Ted Thompson saying Collins was gonna be good and they were going to take him. :)
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline QCHuskerFan  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 10:57:55 AM(UTC)
QCHuskerFan

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 12/30/2010(UTC)

Applause Given: 96
Applause Received: 161

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
QB or P. Best player available or no, you don't need to draft someone that has zero value for your team when we've got holes to fill.


Isn't that how we got AR?

I agree with you, but I just found it ironic when I read this.
Offline play2win  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 12:07:55 PM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan Go to Quoted Post
Isn't that how we got AR?

I agree with you, but I just found it ironic when I read this.


No. Favre's successor WAS a hole to fill. Without question. He had been feigning retirement for some time prior. The fact that Rodgers dropped in our laps was a giant stroke of good luck. He was mocked to go #4 to TB by Walter.

We had defensive needs at the time in our secondary. Walter had us mocked to pick CB R1, then to pick QB Charlie Frye R2. I saw Matt Cassel as our R1 pick in a Scout mock. So, word was out, and really, it was common knowledge that we needed a QB. Fave was entering his 14th season.

Not bustin' your balls QCHuskerFan, but that is the way it was then. I think nearly everyone thought, "well, OK..." when we went Rodgers. The pick made perfect sense. Favre had seemed invincible, but everyone knew his time was running out, and getting his replacement was imperative over those next two seasons.

Funny too, that those defensive needs were addressed with Ted's R2 pick of Nick Collins. What a draft!
Offline QCHuskerFan  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 12:45:51 PM(UTC)
QCHuskerFan

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 12/30/2010(UTC)

Applause Given: 96
Applause Received: 161

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
No. Favre's successor WAS a hole to fill. Without question. He had been feigning retirement for some time prior. The fact that Rodgers dropped in our laps was a giant stroke of good luck. He was mocked to go #4 to TB by Walter.

We had defensive needs at the time in our secondary. Walter had us mocked to pick CB R1, then to pick QB Charlie Frye R2. I saw Matt Cassel as our R1 pick in a Scout mock. So, word was out, and really, it was common knowledge that we needed a QB. Fave was entering his 14th season.

Not bustin' your balls QCHuskerFan, but that is the way it was then. I think nearly everyone thought, "well, OK..." when we went Rodgers. The pick made perfect sense. Favre had seemed invincible, but everyone knew his time was running out, and getting his replacement was imperative over those next two seasons.

Funny too, that those defensive needs were addressed with Ted's R2 pick of Nick Collins. What a draft!


We look at value differently. Aaron Rodgers contributed nothing to the team in the 3 years after he was drafted. In hindsight, was it a great pick, yes. But to me, it offered zero value at the time. And for the following 2 years. Unique situation, though.

Don't distort history. There was a tremendous amount of criticism at the time. The team had immediate needs. They had gone 10-6 the previous season and were the #3 playoff seed. They were outclassed in Rd 1 of the playoffs. I would suggest that most people felt that team's window was small, just like right now. TT's pick addressed none of the needs that would get that team farther in the playoffs. Plenty of people were pissed! Favre was at the front of the line. Instead of giving him a player of immediate use, Ted Thompson chose someone that wouldn't see the field. Packers ended 2005 at 4-12 and out of the playoffs. Aaron Rodgers offered no value to that team or the following 2 years.

If Ted Thompson picked someone this year in the first round that was not expected would see the field this year, would you see value?
Offline Pack93z  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 12:52:30 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 400
Applause Received: 1,078

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan Go to Quoted Post
We look at value differently. Aaron Rodgers contributed nothing to the team in the 3 years after he was drafted. In hindsight, was it a great pick, yes. But to me, it offered zero value at the time. And for the following 2 years. Unique situation, though.

Don't distort history. There was a tremendous amount of criticism at the time. The team had immediate needs. They had gone 10-6 the previous season and were the #3 playoff seed. They were outclassed in Rd 1 of the playoffs. I would suggest that most people felt that team's window was small, just like right now. TT's pick addressed none of the needs that would get that team farther in the playoffs. Plenty of people were pissed! Favre was at the front of the line. Instead of giving him a player of immediate use, Ted Thompson chose someone that wouldn't see the field. Packers ended 2005 at 4-12 and out of the playoffs. Aaron Rodgers offered no value to that team or the following 2 years.

If Ted Thompson picked someone this year in the first round that was not expected would see the field this year, would you see value?


In the same regard there are a couple of other factors.

1. Favre's yearly dance with retirement.. Rodgers slipping to us only helped push the timeline (by a couple of rounds maybe) the need to find a successor.

2. Additionally that was an aging team that had cap issues and some real depth concern, hence Sherman being relived by Thompson in the first place.

3. We currently still have a team with a relatively large window of opportunity with Rodgers at the helm to make some noise. Favre was closer to the end than the beginning and with the roster being turned over because of issue #2 it wasn't clear how fast the team could reload for a run.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 1:09:53 PM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan Go to Quoted Post
We look at value differently. Aaron Rodgers contributed nothing to the team in the 3 years after he was drafted. In hindsight, was it a great pick, yes. But to me, it offered zero value at the time. And for the following 2 years. Unique situation, though.

Don't distort history. There was a tremendous amount of criticism at the time. The team had immediate needs. They had gone 10-6 the previous season and were the #3 playoff seed. They were outclassed in Rd 1 of the playoffs. I would suggest that most people felt that team's window was small, just like right now. TT's pick addressed none of the needs that would get that team farther in the playoffs. Plenty of people were pissed! Favre was at the front of the line. Instead of giving him a player of immediate use, Ted Thompson chose someone that wouldn't see the field. Packers ended 2005 at 4-12 and out of the playoffs. Aaron Rodgers offered no value to that team or the following 2 years.

If Ted Thompson picked someone this year in the first round that was not expected would see the field this year, would you see value?


I would be pissed.

And please, don't give me that distort history BS. I clearly said we needed help in the secondary going into that draft. AND we needed an eventual replacement for Favre. YOU are distorting history by saying we didn't need a QB.

Big difference with Rodgers going into his 8th season, vs. Favre going into his 14th.
Offline QCHuskerFan  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 2:46:11 PM(UTC)
QCHuskerFan

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 12/30/2010(UTC)

Applause Given: 96
Applause Received: 161

Please let me know where I said there was no need for a QB. I am saying that picking Aaron Rodgers with the number 1 pick brought no direct value to the team in 2005. Or 2006. Or 2007. Look it up. Let me know what I missed.

The original comment I responded to was Porforis saying that you don't draft someone in the first round with zero value when you have needs. I responded that's what Rodgers was. I am quite aware why it was done and it worked out incredibly well. But someone that doesn't start a game for 3 years and only plays in 7 total in that 3 year time is offering nothing to that team. The future team? Maybe. But AR's ~350 passing yards in 3 years is not an impact. He offered no value to the teams in 2005, 2006 or 2007. If Favre had retired the day after the draft in 2005, then he would have had immediate value. But Favre didn't.

You said, "I think nearly everyone thought, "well, OK..." when we went Rodgers. The pick made perfect sense. Favre had seemed invincible, but everyone knew his time was running out, and getting his replacement was imperative over those next two seasons." Nearly everyone did not think OK. Finding a replacement for Favre was a priority. But it was not necessary to draft that person in Rd 1, when there were other needs. Much of Packer Nation was quite upset. That is why I accused you of distorting history. Choosing to look at the past with rose colored glasses, does not change the past. Favre still had a tremendous amount of supporters that viewed this draft choice as the franchise turning their back on #4 as well as failing to make the team markedly better. Doesn't mean it wasn't the right choice. Just didn't make it overwhelmingly popular. Additionally, Favre played 6 years after that draft so it was not "imperative to get his replacement in the next 2 years" as you stated. But that's hindsight.

Did drafting Aaron Rodgers in the first round in 2005 work out well for the Pack? Duh. But that doesn't mean it offered value at the time.
Offline QCHuskerFan  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 2:50:25 PM(UTC)
QCHuskerFan

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 12/30/2010(UTC)

Applause Given: 96
Applause Received: 161

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
In the same regard there are a couple of other factors.

1. Favre's yearly dance with retirement.. Rodgers slipping to us only helped push the timeline (by a couple of rounds maybe) the need to find a successor.

2. Additionally that was an aging team that had cap issues and some real depth concern, hence Sherman being relived by Thompson in the first place.

3. We currently still have a team with a relatively large window of opportunity with Rodgers at the helm to make some noise. Favre was closer to the end than the beginning and with the roster being turned over because of issue #2 it wasn't clear how fast the team could reload for a run.


I sincerely hope you are correct in #3. I am concerned that after extending AR, Raji, Matthews, that the window will be very small. Those 3 could easily consume 30-35% of the CAP. I am not sure that is feasible for fielding a competitive team. I hope we can, but...
Offline play2win  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 2:52:33 PM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan Go to Quoted Post
Please let me know where I said there was no need for a QB. I am saying that picking Aaron Rodgers with the number 1 pick brought no direct value to the team in 2005. Or 2006. Or 2007. Look it up. Let me know what I missed.

The original comment I responded to was Porforis saying that you don't draft someone in the first round with zero value when you have needs. I responded that's what Rodgers was. I am quite aware why it was done and it worked out incredibly well. But someone that doesn't start a game for 3 years and only plays in 7 total in that 3 year time is offering nothing to that team. The future team? Maybe. But AR's ~350 passing yards in 3 years is not an impact. He offered no value to the teams in 2005, 2006 or 2007. If Favre had retired the day after the draft in 2005, then he would have had immediate value. But Favre didn't.

You said, "I think nearly everyone thought, "well, OK..." when we went Rodgers. The pick made perfect sense. Favre had seemed invincible, but everyone knew his time was running out, and getting his replacement was imperative over those next two seasons." Nearly everyone did not think OK. Finding a replacement for Favre was a priority. But it was not necessary to draft that person in Rd 1, when there were other needs. Much of Packer Nation was quite upset. That is why I accused you of distorting history. Choosing to look at the past with rose colored glasses, does not change the past. Favre still had a tremendous amount of supporters that viewed this draft choice as the franchise turning their back on #4 as well as failing to make the team markedly better. Doesn't mean it wasn't the right choice. Just didn't make it overwhelmingly popular. Additionally, Favre played 6 years after that draft so it was not "imperative to get his replacement in the next 2 years" as you stated. But that's hindsight.

Did drafting Aaron Rodgers in the first round in 2005 work out well for the Pack? Duh. But that doesn't mean it offered value at the time.


This is such BS.

I clearly remember the boo birds lining the fence that 2005 training camp. I'm just talking about what I believe was the majority of Packers fans, understanding fully that we were going to have to address a replacement for Favre going into his 14th season. When a QB who was rated #1 overall for most of the period leading up to that draft, falls to 24, yeah, if you like him you take him. It is my belief MOST fans understood the move by Thompson that day.

I'll say this too, there is a twisted logic to thinking you can draft a player and immediately solve a problem. Most draftees require a good year of development at the pro level before they make significant contributions. Sure there are exceptions to that, but they are few. That is why I am pushing for Ted to make some good moves in FA this season. We need help now, and we've needed it in the same places for two years running, with no improvement.

Message modified by user Wednesday, March 6, 2013 3:41:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline stevegb  
#24 Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2013 2:15:19 AM(UTC)
stevegb

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 10/30/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 10

Outside of the obvious P and K in the first round my biggest WTF Ted selections would probably be in the CB position or maybe the OLB position. I think we are very deep at CB and I'd be a little upset if we gave up on Perry so early. Don't get me wrong I don't mind if we draft either a CB or OLB but I'd expect it to be at least 3rd round or later.

QB would be disappointing but NE continually draft highly touted QB's late in the first round and manage to trade them off for future mid-round picks+. We have a very good QB coaching staff in Green bay so I'd have confidence we could get some pretty good value for them, although Ted has never done anything to prove hes a very good trader.
blank
Online nerdmann  
#25 Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2013 9:18:04 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,714
Applause Received: 665

Originally Posted by: stevegb Go to Quoted Post
Outside of the obvious P and K in the first round my biggest WTF Ted selections would probably be in the CB position or maybe the OLB position. I think we are very deep at CB and I'd be a little upset if we gave up on Perry so early. Don't get me wrong I don't mind if we draft either a CB or OLB but I'd expect it to be at least 3rd round or later.

QB would be disappointing but NE continually draft highly touted QB's late in the first round and manage to trade them off for future mid-round picks+. We have a very good QB coaching staff in Green bay so I'd have confidence we could get some pretty good value for them, although Ted has never done anything to prove hes a very good trader.


We need as many stud OLBs as we can get.

And I expect Perry AND Moses to be able to get it done this year.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
25m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / texaspackerbacker

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Laser Gunns

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nyrpack

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / rabidgopher04

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann