Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline JustinAVA182  
#11 Posted : Saturday, March 9, 2013 10:57:44 AM(UTC)
JustinAVA182

United States

Applause Given: 22
Applause Received: 30

With all these people available it be a nice year for a expansion team lol.
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#12 Posted : Saturday, March 9, 2013 11:23:06 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,698
Applause Received: 661

Originally Posted by: FLORIDA PACKER88 Go to Quoted Post
I've al;ways thought of Harrison as undersized and a bit overhyped. He's got some off the field issues and his mouth is probably too big to fit in our locker room.

Intriguing possibility nonetheless.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline FLORIDA PACKER88  
#13 Posted : Saturday, March 9, 2013 11:39:04 AM(UTC)
FLORIDA PACKER88

Applause Given: 34
Applause Received: 6

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Intriguing possibility nonetheless.

Yes but he also doesn't really fit Ted's MO either. An aging player with injury issues dogging him for the past season or two. Doesn't seem very realistic IMO. Plus he was cut because he didn't want to take a pay cut if I recall correctly.
Offline nerdmann  
#14 Posted : Saturday, March 9, 2013 1:08:23 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,698
Applause Received: 661

Originally Posted by: FLORIDA PACKER88 Go to Quoted Post
Yes but he also doesn't really fit Ted's MO either. An aging player with injury issues dogging him for the past season or two. Doesn't seem very realistic IMO. Plus he was cut because he didn't want to take a pay cut if I recall correctly.

CedBen didn't fit the Ted MO either.

Harrison would have to come way down on his salary demands though. It's unlikely, imo but an intriguing possibility.

EDIT:

Quote:

Per a league source, the Steelers offered a reduction of roughly 30 percent in Harrison’s base salary of $6.57 million, with an opportunity to earn the money back via incentives. (The specific terms of the incentives aren’t known.)

Harrison balked, confident he’ll get more money elsewhere.

PFT

Ok THAT doesn't bode well. lol.

Then again...

Quote:
Aging pass rushers are plentiful this year, from John Abraham to Dwight Freeney to Osi Umenyiora to, potentially, Elvis Dumervil.

The current thinking is that Harrison made the decision without his agent gauging the market elsewhere. Which means that Harrison could be in for a rude awakening, soon.

Do we play the Steelers this year? Maybe he'll be extra hungry.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Online wpr  
#15 Posted : Saturday, March 9, 2013 5:35:12 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,141
Applause Received: 1,513

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
CedBen didn't fit the Ted MO either.

Harrison would have to come way down on his salary demands though. It's unlikely, imo but an intriguing possibility.

EDIT:

PFT

Ok THAT doesn't bode well. lol.

Then again...

Do we play the Steelers this year?
Maybe he'll be extra hungry.

yes we do.

UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 3/9/2013(UTC)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#16 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 8:31:16 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 350
Applause Received: 455

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Can you imagine how motivated Steven Jackson would be to win it all with GB? I think he would be a cool signing.

But, let's remember, we're dealing with Double D - Double T. Draft n' Develop Ted Thompson. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hasn't signed a significant FA since 2006. But, I'm pullin' for him!

Originally Posted by: porky88 Go to Quoted Post
I'm starting to warm to Steven Jackson. Signing him to a long-term deal would be scary, but I remember New England getting Corey Dillon when he was 29 or 30-years-old. It’ s comparison Bill Polian made not long ago on television. He only gave New England one significantly productive season, but it helped them win a Super Bowl. I think the Packers are in a similar spot.

I'm thinking what The Packers do with Jermicheal Finley will effect any attempt to sign Jackson.

Letting JF go would free up the money needed this year to sign one big FA, everybody pretty much agrees that a RB like Jackson could be the "one piece" of the puzzle that has been missing.

I like the core of young Rb's The Packers have but Jackson is better than any of them even at his age.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline yooperfan  
#17 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 10:26:10 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 632
Applause Received: 290

Originally Posted by: porky88 Go to Quoted Post
I'm starting to warm to Steven Jackson. Signing him to a long-term deal would be scary, but I remember New England getting Corey Dillon when he was 29 or 30-years-old. It’ s comparison Bill Polian made not long ago on television. He only gave New England one significantly productive season, but it helped them win a Super Bowl. I think the Packers are in a similar spot.

Until someone fixes the philosophy of the head coach, fix the O-line and get rid of Campen it doesn't matter who the Packers have at running back.
Barry Sanders is the only guy I can think of who would be able to make something out of nothing in Green Bay.
The only problem being he still would not get enough carries with McCarthy calling the plays.

thanks Post received 2 applause.
Zero2Cool on 3/10/2013(UTC), play2win on 3/10/2013(UTC)
Offline blueleopard  
#18 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 1:16:49 PM(UTC)
blueleopard

Applause Received: 72

This year's draft is safety heavy, but I wouldn't mind bringing in Adrian Wilson or Louis Delmas.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Offline DakotaT  
#19 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 2:16:49 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 665
Applause Received: 1,365

Originally Posted by: blueleopard Go to Quoted Post
This year's draft is safety heavy, but I wouldn't mind bringing in Adrian Wilson or Louis Delmas.

Yeah, we already have our project safeties. It would be nice to get Wilson, but I have no idea what he has left in the tank.

I don't understand why people are even talking about Harrison or Jackson and not a guy like Jake Long. The game is won and lost in the trenches. Last years drubbing the 9ers laid on us should have tought us that, yet we ponder what a long in the tooth running back can bring?
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 3/10/2013(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#20 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 2:46:15 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, we already have our project safeties. It would be nice to get Wilson, but I have no idea what he has left in the tank.

I don't understand why people are even talking about Harrison or Jackson and not a guy like Jake Long. The game is won and lost in the trenches. Last years drubbing the 9ers laid on us should have tought us that, yet we ponder what a long in the tooth running back can bring?

Long would be good. I wouldn't mind Jackson. I would rather they add veteran talent on D, but they do need LT and RB help. Both of those guys would be great in GB.
Rss Feed