Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 5:18:57 PM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

United States

Applause Received: 97

ProFootballTalk wrote:
In seven NFL seasons, Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings has primarily caught passes from Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre. Yes, Jennings has experienced the joys of stellar quarterback play. And as he told USA Today's Robert Klemko in a story published Sunday, a team's quarterback situation is one of his decision-making factors in free agency.

Greg Jennings wrote:
Coaching means a lot, the dynamic of the team. To me, the quarterback means a lot, if they have one or not, and I have to make sure my family is comfortable.

Message modified by moderator Sunday, March 10, 2013 5:41:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Offline yooperfan  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 3:21:23 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 607
Applause Received: 275

So the bottem line is, it's really all about the money.
Online Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 4:47:05 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,955
Applause Received: 2,186

Originally Posted by: yooperfan Go to Quoted Post

and having a top notch QB ...
UserPostedImage
Offline yooperfan  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 4:58:50 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post

Which he has in Green Bay, yet his bags are packed and he's ready to go.
And how much money does a man really need to make his family comfortable, seriously?

Offline yooperfan  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 5:00:20 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

And how much money does a man really need to make his family comfortable, seriously?

Online Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 5:02:16 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

I make pretty decent money, but no where near 7 figures and I support all my girls just fine. So to answer your question ... hellifiknow. Maybe he has a different definition of comfortable than I?
UserPostedImage
Offline shield4life  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 5:27:15 AM(UTC)
shield4life

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 24

He will go to the team that will pay him the most!
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Offline JustinAVA182  
#8 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 6:37:49 AM(UTC)
JustinAVA182

United States

Applause Given: 22
Applause Received: 30

Quote:
I'm at risk. I have a lot of risk here. I got my family to feed.'' Sprewell is due to make $14.6 million this year. Sprewell, 34, described the team's latest offer, reported to be worth between $27 million and $30 million over three years, as ''insulting.''
Not that I think Greg is as bad as Sprewall is here but I guess they must feed their families gold nuggets or something.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#9 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 9:05:11 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,033
Applause Received: 1,471

Absolutely. No matter what he says it is about the money.

Pro players have this distorted idea if they don't get every nickle that is sitting on the table they are some how being disrespected. That the only true measure of respect is in the form of monetary compensation.

They also feel that they have to not only take care of their immediate needs that they have to have enough money to take care of their kids to the 10th generation needs as well. They kind of forget that they became successful by busting their butt and working hard. For some reason they don't want their family to have to do the same.

Since the advocate of obscenely big money for payers, how many kids have followed their father's career path and became a successful professional player? Ken Griffey Jr, Barry Bonds? Are there others. And their dads were well paid but I don't think they were paid exorbitantly. I know CM3 is a 3rd gen NFL player (with cousins waiting int he wings) but his dad/uncle/grandfather didn't have break the bank deals.

UserPostedImage

Online Zero2Cool  
#10 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 9:10:35 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post

Pro players have this distorted idea if they don't get every nickle that is sitting on the table they are some how being disrespected. That the only true measure of respect is in the form of monetary compensation.

Which is why I'd like to never have salaries made public.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#11 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 9:12:38 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Which is why I'd like to never have salaries made public.

works for me.

UserPostedImage

Offline nerdmann  
#12 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 10:29:31 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,630
Applause Received: 654

They also feel that they have to not only take care of their immediate needs that they have to have enough money to take care of their kids to the 10th generation needs as well. They kind of forget that they became successful by busting their butt and working hard. For some reason they don't want their family to have to do the same.

Since the advocate of obscenely big money for payers, how many kids have followed their father's career path and became a successful professional player? Ken Griffey Jr, Barry Bonds? Are there others. And their dads were well paid but I don't think they were paid exorbitantly. I know CM3 is a 3rd gen NFL player (with cousins waiting int he wings) but his dad/uncle/grandfather didn't have break the bank deals.

First of all, what they make is NOTHING compared to what the owners make. Or the advertisers. Fair market value is fair market value.

Second of all, these players are under pressure by the union to negotiate solid contracts, because what they get sets the bar for other players. You're not just negotiating for yourself. You're standing up for all your fellow brothers.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline wpr  
#13 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 10:43:29 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
First of all, what they make is NOTHING compared to what the owners make. Or the advertisers. Fair market value is fair market value.

Second of all, these players are under pressure by the union to negotiate solid contracts, because what they get sets the bar for other players. You're not just negotiating for yourself. You're standing up for all your fellow brothers.

yeah yeah yeah. If they want to make what the owners make they need to put their own money into the kitty and buy a franchise.

There is no doubt both sides make way too much money. Wouldn't it be great if both made half as much as what they do and jerseys, shoes and concession sales cost us, the ones who really foot the bill for both sides, half as much?

I thought we teach our children to stand on their own feet and don't buckle under peer pressure. I guess it doesn't count when it comes to the almighty union.

UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 1 applause.
JustinAVA182 on 3/11/2013(UTC)
Offline steveishere  
#14 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 11:01:27 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 965

Well for one thing you have no clue what Jennings teaches his kids. Also being a successful NFL player takes a hell of a lot more than a strong work ethic and a parent who played. First the kid has to be male, then he has to have enough talent, then he has to actually want to be a professional athlete, then he has to work his butt off.

Pro players have a very limited window in their lives of being able to make this much money. Now Jennings who has won a Superbowl and had a huge part in it only has 1 more chance to sign a decent contract. If I were in his shoes I would take as much money as I could get now too. It's not like he was a malcontent or held out or complained about his other contract or something. The guy kept quiet and worked his butt off for the team and honored the contracts he did sign. Now another team is probably going to pay him more than Green Bay is willing to and people have a problem with him taking that?
Offline gbguy20  
#15 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 11:17:24 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 206
Applause Received: 285

Originally Posted by: JustinAVA182 Go to Quoted Post
Not that I think Greg is as bad as Sprewall is here but I guess they must feed their families gold nuggets or something.

I was going to bring sprewell into this conversation, why do u gotta beat me to it?
call me Dan
Rss Feed