Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DakotaT  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 9, 2013 8:51:11 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 668
Applause Received: 1,373

Something to talk about as we wait out the next few days before free agency.


https://www.profootballf...value-green-bay-packers/


Some of my favorite whipping boys are from the overvalued list, but then I don't know anything according to Buckeye.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 3/9/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 9, 2013 11:48:47 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,709
Applause Received: 664

I'd add Mike Daniels to the undervalued list. Maybe Newhouse too. Maybe even a guy like Don Barclay.

Overvalued: Mason Crosby.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline steveishere  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 12:35:05 AM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

Overvalued: Raji
Undervalued: Shields
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 8:20:45 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 352
Applause Received: 457

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Something to talk about as we wait out the next few days before free agency.


https://www.profootballf...value-green-bay-packers/


Some of my favorite whipping boys are from the overvalued list, but then I don't know anything according to Buckeye.


OH yea you got me, glad you finally admitted "you have your favorite whooping boys".


Clay Mathews was valued at 10mil for 2013, he had a total of 43 tackles for the year.

A.J. Hawk was valued at 2.9 mil, he had a total of 130 tackles for the year.

Obviously whatever formula they are using, being on the field and making plays isn't considered.

Look at the list real close genius, other than Aaron Rodgers(who everyone agrees is underpaid) and James Jones(who finally had his breakout year), the players listed as undervalued are still working on their rookie contracts!!

DAMN YOU FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT, CALL TED, WHEN A PLAYER REACHES THE END OF HIS ROOKIE CONTRACT GET HIM THE HELL OUT OF GREEN BAY, BECAUSE ODDS ARE ACCORDING TO THIS ARTICLE THEY WILL NOT PLAY UP TO THEIR VALUE.


Will be real interesting to revisit this after next year, after Clay Mathews has signed his new contract.

Bring out all the articles you can find, my opionion of your football knowledge is never going to change, you have made it quite obvious there are players on the team that you don't want on the team, and you will use everything and anything to make your "mute" point.

I'll say it one more time, The only persons opinion that really counts is Ted Thompson's, he is the man that makes the decision on who and how much a player is worth.

You just keep right on being your miserable self, livng to bitch, i'm done with your ass.

Dammit where in the hell did that "ignore" feature go?

Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Online Zero2Cool  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 8:39:50 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,225

Both Ryan Pickett and Brandon Saine can be also added to the overvalued category.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
buckeyepackfan on 3/10/2013(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 9:11:14 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 668
Applause Received: 1,373

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
OH yea you got me, glad you finally admitted "you have your favorite whooping boys".


Clay Mathews was valued at 10mil for 2013, he had a total of 43 tackles for the year.

A.J. Hawk was valued at 2.9 mil, he had a total of 130 tackles for the year.

Obviously whatever formula they are using, being on the field and making plays isn't considered.

Look at the list real close genius, other than Aaron Rodgers(who everyone agrees is underpaid) and James Jones(who finally had his breakout year), the players listed as undervalued are still working on their rookie contracts!!

DAMN YOU FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT, CALL TED, WHEN A PLAYER REACHES THE END OF HIS ROOKIE CONTRACT GET HIM THE HELL OUT OF GREEN BAY, BECAUSE ODDS ARE ACCORDING TO THIS ARTICLE THEY WILL NOT PLAY UP TO THEIR VALUE.


Will be real interesting to revisit this after next year, after Clay Mathews has signed his new contract.

Bring out all the articles you can find, my opionion of your football knowledge is never going to change, you have made it quite obvious there are players on the team that you don't want on the team, and you will use everything and anything to make your "mute" point.

I'll say it one more time, The only persons opinion that really counts is Ted Thompson's, he is the man that makes the decision on who and how much a player is worth.

You just keep right on being your miserable self, livng to bitch, i'm done with your ass.

Dammit where in the hell did that "ignore" feature go?



Yeah, yeah, yeah and you were never coming back too. You couldn't ignore me if you tried. See, I'm your whipping boy. And that's fine with me, because I can actually take shit, thrive on it for that matter. But you on the other hand are a little light in the loafers in that aspect. Have a good day Buckeye - I'll send you my Hawk jersey when the Packers cut him after the 2014 season.

Your Hawk/Matthews comparison is a perfect example of why nobody takes your football knowlege seriously. Hawk has more tackles, but very few of them are ever for loss and alot of them are asssisted because the defense funnels the action to him. Hawk is just not an impact player, and is on the overvalued list because Uncle Ted overpaid. Only you seem to dispute this. Matthews on the other hand does make impact plays. But then again, Matthews didn't go to The Ohio State University, like Hawk did so I can understand your confusion.
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 9:45:56 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 352
Applause Received: 457

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, yeah, yeah and you were never coming back too. You couldn't ignore me if you tried. See, I'm your whipping boy. And that's fine with me, because I can actually take shit, thrive on it for that matter. But you on the other hand are a little light in the loafers in that aspect. Have a good day Buckeye - I'll send you my Hawk jersey when the Packers cut him after the 2014 season.

Your Hawk/Matthews comparison is a perfect example of why nobody takes your football knowlege seriously. Hawk has more tackles, but very few of them are ever for loss and alot of them are asssisted because the defense funnels the action to him. Hawk is just not an impact player, and is on the overvalued list because Uncle Ted overpaid. Only you seem to dispute this. Matthews on the other hand does make impact plays. But then again, Matthews didn't go to The Ohio State University, like Hawk did so I can understand your confusion.


Hate to bring FACTS into one of your conversations

from MacBob
"AJ led the team in tackles for a loss and was 2nd on the team with sacks + tackles for a loss:

AJ was second in tackles (behind Burnett) and WAY ahead of the 3rd guy. "

Stat line from packers.com

A.J. Hawk 120 ttl 81solo 39asst. 3.0sacks 0

YOU ARE TALKING "SHIT" AGAIN!!!!

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Sorry NOW I'm done with you, just had to prove your ramblings wrong 1 last time.

Just to be clear, I only use Clay Mathews as an example because he is the LB who has missed the fewest games who has played alongside Hawk.
I have no problem with Mathews, and think he deserves whatever he and his agent can work out with Ted.
10mil,11mil 12mil???? Who knows what the number will be, whatever it is CM3 deserves every cent.

Message modified by user Sunday, March 10, 2013 10:32:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline DakotaT  
#8 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 11:42:02 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 668
Applause Received: 1,373

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
Hate to bring FACTS into one of your conversations

from MacBob
"AJ led the team in tackles for a loss and was 2nd on the team with sacks + tackles for a loss:

AJ was second in tackles (behind Burnett) and WAY ahead of the 3rd guy. "

Stat line from packers.com

A.J. Hawk 120 ttl 81solo 39asst. 3.0sacks 0

YOU ARE TALKING "SHIT" AGAIN!!!!

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Sorry NOW I'm done with you, just had to prove your ramblings wrong 1 last time.

Just to be clear, I only use Clay Mathews as an example because he is the LB who has missed the fewest games who has played alongside Hawk.
I have no problem with Mathews, and think he deserves whatever he and his agent can work out with Ted.
10mil,11mil 12mil???? Who knows what the number will be, whatever it is CM3 deserves every cent.


Noticed you didn't put how many tackles for loss there were, meaning the whole team doesn't do that much. Did notice that 1/3 of his tackles, he needed assitence. Not what we would call an All Pro now is it? Compare Hawk to the guys that are All Pro. I don't know why it is so difficult for you to recognize Saint AJ as being overpaide but it sure makes you look like a mook.

The Fact is Buckeye, the whole team sucks at tackles for loss and pressuring the QB - AJ is one of the whipping boys because of the lucrative contract he signed, not because anybody hates him.
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#9 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 11:58:46 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 352
Applause Received: 457

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Noticed you didn't put how many tackles for loss there were, meaning the whole team doesn't do that much. Did notice that 1/3 of his tackles, he needed assitence. Not what we would call an All Pro now is it? Compare Hawk to the guys that are All Pro. I don't know why it is so difficult for you to recognize Saint AJ as being overpaide but it sure makes you look like a mook.

The Fact is Buckeye, the whole team sucks at tackles for loss and pressuring the QB - AJ is one of the whipping boys because of the lucrative contract he signed, not because anybody hates him.



Whateve you say, because no matter how many FACTS that are posted proving you wrong, you will spin one way or another to try and make it right.

Now the WHOLE team sucks!!!!! YOU ARE A JOKE!!!!!

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Online Zero2Cool  
#10 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 12:08:38 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,225

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
Whateve you say, because no matter how many FACTS that are posted proving you wrong, you will spin one way or another to try and make it right.

Now the WHOLE team sucks!!!!! YOU ARE A JOKE!!!!!

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL


I was with ya on the A.J. Hawk stuff, but now you're gonna take his "whole team sucks at tackling" as "the WHOLE team sucks" ?? C'mon man ... lol

He's just pissed off that the Packers don't wrap up and take down as each kid is taught in pee wee. Players now (NFL wide) are more apt to angle for the big hit rather than just making sure the guy is down.

Hawk is talent and I'd like to see him stay. Do I like seeing the percentage of salary cap he's receiving? Not really, but then again when Aaron Rodgers gets ~14% I won't be thrilled with that either. There are 53 guys on the team. If 60% is wrapped up in the 22 starters and K and P ... I dunno.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#11 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 12:30:51 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 668
Applause Received: 1,373

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
Whateve you say, because no matter how many FACTS that are posted proving you wrong, you will spin one way or another to try and make it right.

Now the WHOLE team sucks!!!!! YOU ARE A JOKE!!!!!

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL


Did you watch the 49er playoff game, Mr. Archiver? I would say the whole defense licks ass after that game. Stats aren't facts. Stats are for Madden generation football fans, which you absolutely have to be!
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#12 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 4:33:08 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

United States
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 429

There is also the possibility that Ted is not very good at his job. Just because the media couples him with the Steelers when contrasting against teams like Skins and Cowboys-

In a most favorable light to tt, bordering on cliche'

That doesn't necessarily make it so. I think he's weak in many areas.

He is slow to act, on most everything, for starters. I cannot help but feel that his staff just might have to beat him over the head with something before he wakes up and pulls the trigger. That is just my perception through observation of what has been said over the years of his tenure.

What's the saying, "No balls, no blue chips." e.g.- He can go ahead and pay Aaron and Clay a fortune, I got no problem with that, but until he really fixes those trenches, we go no place, imo

military analogy

The 81's can't do shit unless the 0311's can hold that line. If the 0311's can hold it, the 81's will absolutely wipe out the opponent. I didn't include airpower because we all know Ted would never spend for it. Razz In other words, Ted has not provided adequate personnel to allow Aaron to bury the baseplate so he can go danger-close against good teams.

Not talking Think Tongue


(If an 81mm mortar has it's baseplate firmly entrenched, the weapon gets very far more accurate than if it ( the baseplate) is sitting on the surface - moving around, sending rounds willy-nilly- fyi- that happens ( the wily-nilly thing) when the 81's have to move alot, as in when the line is "in question")

Message modified by user Sunday, March 10, 2013 5:39:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.



thanks Post received 1 applause.
yooperfan on 3/10/2013(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#13 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 5:54:22 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,521

The whole over/under thing is meaningless.

As was pointed out already many of the "under" players are in rookie contracts. They grew in ability as expected. For example no one would have put Hayward or Shields on the under list in 2011.

The over list is made up for the most part of players who were injured or retired or released. A few like Finley who might be elsewhere in 2013. It happens on every team every single year. At the beginning of a contract the team gets the monetary edge. At the end of the contract the player often does. If the contract is not heavy loaded at the end it works out for both sides.

One more factor the article fails to consider is the team as a whole. If the team has a lot of starters that contribute and contribute well who are "under valued" that gives the GM the flexibility to over play at a position. For example (It is not the case for GB) if 4 of the OL are underpaid it does not hurt the team's financial structure to over pay for the 5th starter. That doesn't mean the GM wants to over pay. That means he has the option to do is if he deems it necessary. After all you can't set a big sack of money at LT. You have to have a real person line up there.

The team is always or should always be greater than the sum of its individual parts. The Eagles learned that lesson the past couple of years.


Edit- If Uncle Ted bowed to the wishes of this kind of article in 2011 he would have released players who are now under valued in 2012 and might be again in 2013.

2nd edit- For Some reason I was thinking Hayward was drafted in 2011 when clearly that was House. So saying that he along with Shields underperformed in 11 was stupid. You can contemn me for the earlier analogy now.

Message modified by user Monday, March 11, 2013 9:44:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
thanks Post received 1 applause.
JustinAVA182 on 3/11/2013(UTC)
Offline Rockmolder  
#14 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 9:34:07 AM(UTC)
Rockmolder

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 161
Applause Received: 263

I like that list.

Shields got enormous amounts of shit on here after his 2011 season which was, indeed, subpar. Turned around in an impressive way, but he's not getting a whole lot of love.

Not only does Shields re-emergence, coupled with an impressive rookie season from Hayward, give us some solid nr. 2 and 3 CB play, but it gives us some options, as well.

I'm a firm believer of Tramon turning it around. There's no reason for him to go from a legitimate nr. 1 CB, to one of the worst starters in the league.

If he keeps struggling, though, you can slide Shields into that nr. 1 space, try Hayward at 2 and slide House into that nr. 3 spot. Perfect example of that depth that Ted Thompson has been building.

The rest of the list is pretty much in line with what you'd expect.

Pickett may be a bit low, but you can't expect that 6'2, 340' body to keep up forever. Especially not on the snap count he used to have.

Lastly, this list shines a bad light on Finley, yet again... We're going on nothing more than "potential" with him. Something that should've paid dividends by now. Here's to hoping that he won't be a Packer next year.
UserPostedImage
Online Zero2Cool  
#15 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 9:38:21 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,225

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder Go to Quoted Post
I like that list.

Shields got enormous amounts of shit on here after his 2011 season which was, indeed, subpar. Turned around in an impressive way, but he's not getting a whole lot of love.


I'm buying a Sam Shields jersey during the next jersey buy.

"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Rockmolder  
#16 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 9:41:21 AM(UTC)
Rockmolder

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 161
Applause Received: 263

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I'm buying a Sam Shields jersey during the next jersey buy.



Apart from you, of course, Kevin. Anxious
UserPostedImage
Online Zero2Cool  
#17 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 9:45:19 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,225

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder Go to Quoted Post
Apart from you, of course, Kevin. Anxious


I'd fit perfect in the Raiders old regime ... I love speed, lol. I was bummed Travis Jervey never panned out. Dude was fast. Same thing with Chris Darkins and LeShon Johnson. Well, you get the point lol


If you have world class speed, I'm in your fan hood. I was starting to sour on Shields though. I just wasn't ready to cut him loose like some might have been willing to do.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / warhawk

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Rios39

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

24-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

24-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

24-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

24-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

24-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr