Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline play2win  
#21 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 2:03:35 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

One of my weaknesses is numbers, especially the cap related kind of stuff. I may have misspoke in this, and my apologies, as I was thinking of front loaded deals.

All I know is stopping for a moment in all the FA hype, and looking at Flacco's numbers, looking at Mario Williams' numbers of a year ago, and gauging what Ted is up against in getting all 3 of our guys signed is a very large task. As a fan, I'm changing my perspective with regards to our FA approach after considering this, and those insane Flacco/Williams #s.

Witnessing BAL's purge in order to re-sign Flacco looks very similar to what we are experiencing ourselves right now. Maybe our plan this season is just to line up who we have and see what happens.
Online Zero2Cool  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2014 6:36:07 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,221

Yesterday Aaron Rodgers said the window has closed and now it's time to open a new window that will be open for the next four or five years. With that being said, I thought maybe the Packers will be active in free agency?
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 1/8/2014(UTC)
Offline DarkaneRules  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2014 7:29:19 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 356

As long as we have Aaron Rodgers, the window doesn't close.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline musccy  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2014 7:38:36 AM(UTC)
musccy

Applause Given: 251
Applause Received: 234

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Yesterday Aaron Rodgers said the window has closed and now it's time to open a new window that will be open for the next four or five years. With that being said, I thought maybe the Packers will be active in free agency?

I listened to Jason Wilde's program as well and I think he was referring to the transition on the DLine most notably, but also Kuhn and Jones.

Online Zero2Cool  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2014 7:59:58 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,221

Originally Posted by: musccy Go to Quoted Post
I listened to Jason Wilde's program as well and I think he was referring to the transition on the DLine most notably, but also Kuhn and Jones.

Aaron Rodgers wrote:
I think this is the end of a window and the beginning of a new one. This is the year when we can really open up a new window that can last for four or five years. It looks really bright. I think if you look at the core of our team, our offensive line is looking the way we want it, the receivers look incredible. We have a big-time back in Eddie (Lacy). Not sure what James Starks will do, (DuJuan Harris) is coming back.

We have a lot of things that are setting up to be really good for a long time. A lot of really good young players with Sam (Shields), Micah Hyde, Casey (Hayward), when Casey comes back (from a hamstring injury) and Morgan Burnett and Sean Richardson, and veteran guys playing well, A.J. (Hawk) had his best season, Clay (Matthews), (Ryan) Pickett, (B.J.) Raji, Johnny Jolly coming back.

This window has a chance to open up and be really bright for four or five years if you can get guys signed and keep them around. My contract is for six more years. I expect to be playing at a high level for all six of those years. We’ll see what happens after that. Maybe I’ll be able to go another three or four after that.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline musccy  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2014 8:11:47 AM(UTC)
musccy

Applause Given: 251
Applause Received: 234

In AR's interview, he basically acknowledged that they may not be able to keep a few guys, most notably Kuhn and Jolly who he had/has become very close with.

He obviously said he sees Pickett, Raji, Hawk, etc. sticking around, but that's just PC lip service.

Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2014 10:22:21 AM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

United States

Applause Received: 97

Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed