Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JustinAVA182  
#41 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 7:26:13 AM(UTC)
Does koren robinson count? He was drafted by Seattle tho lol .
Quote:
..When was the last time we signed a former Viking? I cannot recall.
Zero2Cool  
#42 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 7:57:49 AM(UTC)
A Vikings player that made their name while being a Viking then came to the Packers. I can't think of any.

Gilbert Brown and Koren Robinson are the only two I can think of that played for Vikings then Packers. Neither made their name with the Vikings.
play2win  
#43 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 9:37:53 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
A Vikings player that made their name while being a Viking then came to the Packers. I can't think of any.

Gilbert Brown and Koren Robinson are the only two I can think of that played for Vikings then Packers. Neither made their name with the Vikings.

Ding Ding Ding! Well done!

Wait! OOOOOPS! NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Gilbert Brown never played a down for the Queens. He was drafted in the 3rd round of the '93 draft, and was WAIVED by MIN in the final roster cutdown, August 30th, 1993. Green Bay signed him on August 31st, 1993.

And, Koren played just one year in MIN, 2005, primarily as their kick returner... He only played in 5 games for them, amassing a whopping 22 catches and 1 TD...

So, Vikings? That's the best you got? Holy Fuck!
Formo  
#44 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 10:05:35 AM(UTC)
Why the hell would ANY Viking player ever go to GB? The promises of gold and honey? That's like King Leonidas giving in to Xerxes. You guys are delusional. There's a reason why your players often sign smaller deals with us (and still succeed). Sure, may have been at the twilight of their careers. It's called older and WISER.

Not that any of you clowns know what the later word means..
Cheesey  
#45 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 8:28:27 PM(UTC)
Formo said: Go to Quoted Post
Why the hell would ANY Viking player ever go to GB? The promises of gold and honey? That's like King Leonidas giving in to Xerxes. You guys are delusional. There's a reason why your players often sign smaller deals with us (and still succeed). Sure, may have been at the twilight of their careers. It's called older and WISER.

Not that any of you clowns know what the later word means..

"Succeed?"
Yeah...you are right.
Favre, Sharper and Longwell got several Super Bowl rings while playing for the Vikings.
Oh.....wait.....if by "succeed" you mean they looked so much better when playing for the Vikings because the Vikings as a team are so much lower talent wise that the EX-Packer players LOOKED "great", yeah, i can agree with that![grin1]
flep  
#46 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2013 8:35:01 AM(UTC)
Ponder to Jennings...................

Well good luck with that Greg...................
Formo  
#47 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2013 3:16:24 PM(UTC)
Cheesey said: Go to Quoted Post
"Succeed?"
Yeah...you are right.
Favre, Sharper and Longwell got several Super Bowl rings while playing for the Vikings.
Oh.....wait.....if by "succeed" you mean they looked so much better when playing for the Vikings because the Vikings as a team are so much lower talent wise that the EX-Packer players LOOKED "great", yeah, i can agree with that![grin1]

Well, they certainly didn't get several Super Bowl rings with the Packers.
Zero2Cool  
#48 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2013 3:20:38 PM(UTC)
Well, they certainly didn't get several Super Bowl rings with the Packers.

I'd put money down on the Packers winning another, before the Vikings win their first.
dhazer  
#49 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2013 3:35:20 PM(UTC)
Packers | Made offer to Greg Jennings
Sun, 17 Mar 2013 09:05:01 -0700

The Green Bay Packers made an offer to Minnesota Vikings WR Greg Jennings that averaged about $8 million per season, but he decided to accept the Vikings' contract offer of about $9 million per season.

It's all about the money with Jennings face it.

Patriots | Made offer to Greg Jennings
Sun, 17 Mar 2013 09:15:35 -0700

The New England Patriots offered Minnesota Vikings WR Greg Jennings a contract worth around $6 million per season but the talks between the two sides did not go far.

Formo  
#50 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2013 4:49:35 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
I'd put money down on the Packers winning another, before the Vikings win their first.

I hate to admit it, but I wouldn't be surprised. I've said this before, the Football Gods hate Minnesota. Hell, the Sports Gods hate Minnesota. '87 and '91 were flukes.

dhazer said: Go to Quoted Post

The Green Bay Packers made an offer to Minnesota Vikings WR Greg Jennings that averaged about $8 million per season, but he decided to accept the Vikings' contract offer of about $9 million per season.

The New England Patriots offered Minnesota Vikings WR Greg Jennings a contract worth around $6 million per season but the talks between the two sides did not go far.

Where's the sources? I was seeing different numbers, but will admit being wrong if your source is accurate.
User is suspended until 5/28/2018 11:54:40 AM(UTC) DakotaT  
#51 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2013 5:07:18 PM(UTC)
I hate to admit it, but I wouldn't be surprised. I've said this before, the Football Gods hate Minnesota. Hell, the Sports Gods hate Minnesota. '87 and '91 were flukes.

Oh STFU, God blessed Minnesota with all those awesome lakes; but shows his contempt for the ungrateful people by placing horrible leadership to run the sports teams. Just face it, Minnesota is full of fuckups. [mfing] Don't blashphemy God, show some accountability, Dumbass!
JustinAVA182  
#52 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2013 5:36:01 PM(UTC)

A league source tells the Boston Globe the Patriots did not make an offer to Greg Jennings before he signed with the Vikings.It's the usual anonymous source tit-for-tat we get this time of year, but both reports come from highly respected reporters. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, as in the Pats reached out to Jennings but never made a formal offer. Whatever the case is, it's clear the Pats aren't done remaking their receiver corps.Related: PatriotsSource: Greg A. Bedard on Twitter
Zero2Cool  
#53 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2013 5:49:21 PM(UTC)

Big deal, he's about money. He cashed in, no issues with that. He got a ring.
Formo  
#54 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2013 7:11:10 PM(UTC)
DakotaT said: Go to Quoted Post
Oh STFU, God blessed Minnesota with all those awesome lakes; but shows his contempt for the ungrateful people by placing horrible leadership to run the sports teams. Just face it, Minnesota is full of fuckups. [mfing] Don't blashphemy God, show some accountability, Dumbass!

I didn't say 'God'. I said GODS. More specifically, Football/Sports Gods. There's a difference. Don't be ignant (not ignorant.. ignant).
User is suspended until 5/28/2018 11:54:40 AM(UTC) DakotaT  
#55 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2013 8:16:12 PM(UTC)
I didn't say 'God'. I said GODS. More specifically, Football/Sports Gods. There's a difference. Don't be ignant (not ignorant.. ignant).

You need to get out of that "culture" you live. Go take a Paul Bunyan job up North and start talking like Scandanavian, don't ya know!
MintBaconDrivel  
#56 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2013 12:17:47 PM(UTC)
PackersNews said:
Former Packers receiver Greg Jennings, who signed a five-year contract with the Minnesota Vikings over the weekend for an average of around $9.5 million per year, said on the Jim Rome radio show today he has no hard feelings toward the Packers.
Formo  
#57 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2013 2:01:39 PM(UTC)
More information on Jennings contract with The Vikes..

http://www.1500espn.com/...million_guaranteed031813

Quote:
Greg Jennings received $17.8 million fully guaranteed on the five-year, $45 million contract he signed with the Minnesota Vikings last week.
Wade  
#58 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2013 11:00:58 AM(UTC)
I think the Packer defense will be hurt by this signing more than the Packer offense.

30 is not old for a receiver.

And Jennings has two abilities Packer DBs are going to have difficulty with:
1. He runs very, very precise routes.
2. He has great moves and ability to separate from press coverage. He does not have to play the slot to be effective.

Thompson has the ability to find quality receivers both in the draft and on the street. Even though I think Nelson is overrated, I'm not worried about WR.

Fortunately, the Vikings still have Jake Ponder. Because if they had a real quarterback, Jennings would be a handful for GB's DBs.
Porforis  
#59 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2013 11:05:30 AM(UTC)
flep said: Go to Quoted Post
Ponder to Jennings...................

Well good luck with that Greg...................

Ponder fires a deep shot downfield to Jennings... He got it! Jennings to the 32 for a 12 yard gain!
Formo  
#60 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2013 11:22:19 AM(UTC)
Wade said: Go to Quoted Post
I think the Packer defense will be hurt by this signing more than the Packer offense.

30 is not old for a receiver.

And Jennings has two abilities Packer DBs are going to have difficulty with:
1. He runs very, very precise routes.
2. He has great moves and ability to separate from press coverage. He does not have to play the slot to be effective.

Thompson has the ability to find quality receivers both in the draft and on the street. Even though I think Nelson is overrated, I'm not worried about WR.

Fortunately, the Vikings still have Jake Ponder. Because if they had a real quarterback, Jennings would be a handful for GB's DBs.

Jake!?
Rss Feed