Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2013 10:18:54 PM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

United States

Applause Received: 97

JerseyAl wrote:
Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel beat writer Tom Silverstein caught up with Packers president Mark Murphy on Monday at the NFL Owners meetings in Phoenix. As a favor to bloggers and online media outlets, Murphy talked about two Packers that generate a ton of clicks and web traffic: Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers. On the former, Murphy says [...]
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2013 11:04:51 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 458
Applause Received: 278

says what? I, for one, wish Packer fans would cut Brett Favre some slack. The guy doesn't seem too bright. I don't think he really has any malice toward all things Packer. He gave us a lot of great years, and he is my candidate for the greatest QB, probably the greatest play in NFL history. Aaron Rodgers, however, is on track to be even greater - significantly greater if he hangs around long enough, and we Packer fans have had the distinct privilege to cheer for both. The glass is way more than half full, people.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Online Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2013 4:28:51 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,956
Applause Received: 2,191

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
says what? I, for one, wish Packer fans would cut Brett Favre some slack. The guy doesn't seem too bright. I don't think he really has any malice toward all things Packer. He gave us a lot of great years, and he is my candidate for the greatest QB, probably the greatest play in NFL history. Aaron Rodgers, however, is on track to be even greater - significantly greater if he hangs around long enough, and we Packer fans have had the distinct privilege to cheer for both. The glass is way more than half full, people.

The deal with Brett Favre going to the Vikings ... most everyone says he did it to spite the Packers. That's wrong. Go back to 2009. How many teams were ONE player away from being a contender and that one player was QB? The Vikings were the only team in such need. And to make things more appealing to Brett, his former QB coach was their offensive coordinator!

I do not fault Brett for going to the Vikings. I understand and respect that, and I do know, rather, I do feel a small portion of going to the Vikings was with the intent to show the Packers "Hey, I still got it!". And NO ONE can fault him for that! How many times have you or me been told we couldn't do something or had it implied? What was the result? That MOTIVATES us to prove them wrong!

I hold my second favorite player to watch accountable for his comments on Greta van Sustern (sp?) and those that ensued afterwards. He wanted to be GM and failed to understand his role was QB and because the GM didn't jeopardize the team's future for him, he threw a pissypants fit.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed