Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 4:38:36 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 495
Applause Received: 305

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
I'm thinking they will go with a 4-6 year deal for Rodgers worth more than anyone else right now, that way it will be much easier to extend a 4-6 year contract after 3 years than it would a 10 year contract.

Much easier to convert 1-3 years of a contract to "signing bonus money" than it is to restructure a 10 year contract after the 1st 3 years.

Again, these contracts are all about the "guaranteed money", on paper Aaron will be the highest paid qb in The NFL only until one of the other "elite" qb's sign their new contract.

Not sure how this thread turned into a "Brett Favre" topic, but it's good to read that most have not forgotten!!!! Laughing

I still think longer term is better. With the 4-6 year idea, we go through this uncertainty again then. The only way the shorter is better is if you think Rodgers will have diminished ability that soon - which I doubt. Even then, the ten year deal with guaranteed money only for the first five, as I wrote it up, leaves the team a lot of flexibility. Also, do the numbers, and I think you will find much higher cap numbers in the early years your way. The relevance of Favre to this is the fact mentioned in the JSOnline article that unlike most long term deals, he stayed long enough to receive virtually all of it. Barring injury, I think Rodgers would do the same.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 4:52:12 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,990
Applause Received: 2,283

I am going to go with my original prediction that he gets a 10 (lifetime - where have we heard that before) contract that ensures he retires a Packer. I see that happening. I also see them restructuring it after a few years to afford other players.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 4:54:46 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 495
Applause Received: 305

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I am going to go with my original prediction that he gets a 10 (lifetime - where have we heard that before) contract that ensures he retires a Packer. I see that happening. I also see them restructuring it after a few years to afford other players.

Precisely.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline dfosterf  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 5:44:44 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 213
Applause Received: 437

Frankly, I feel that Dhazer owes Ted and I a big-league blow-job for our work thus far in keeping Rodgers salary in check as much as is possible.

Flapper

I also feel our opportunity has passed, his hated boy Ted failed, and we are going to fall until the next great qb, THAT MUST BE CHEAP, ALSO.

Message modified by user Wednesday, March 20, 2013 6:26:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline steveishere  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 6:56:21 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 1,008

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
Frankly, I feel that Dhazer owes Ted and I a big-league blow-job for our work thus far in keeping Rodgers salary in check as much as is possible.

Flapper

I also feel our opportunity has passed, his hated boy Ted failed, and we are going to fall until the next great qb, THAT MUST BE CHEAP, ALSO.

I remember Dhazer HATED the contract when they signed Rodgers in 2008. Now it's the best contract in the nfl. lol
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 3/21/2013(UTC)
Offline dfosterf  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 7:02:24 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 213
Applause Received: 437

I'm just sayin... lol

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Rss Feed