Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:16:01 AM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

United States

Applause Received: 97

PackersNews wrote:
Brad Jones' new contract makes him higher paid than A.J. Hawk and the team's second-highest paid inside linebacker, behind Desmond Bishop.

Message modified by moderator Tuesday, March 26, 2013 4:53:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 8:57:56 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Hey, let's send Finley a giant check for this birthday too! It is raining money in Green Bay!

Wheeeeee!

IMO, both of these guys have a lot to play up to in these contracts. Let's hope these high prices paid out result in another Lombardi Trophy in Green Bay. That's our goal here, right?
Offline Pack93z  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 9:09:50 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 398
Applause Received: 1,078

I love articles like this.. ignore the whole contract to pick a segments of it that fits a headline.

The overall compensation doesn't surpass Hawk.. this year, in which the majority of the signing bonus is absorbed in the front of the contract (like Green Bay regularly does) surpassed the cap number of a reworked contract in which much of Hawks signing bonus as already been paid out but still being leveraged against the cap.

Subjective journalism to manufacture a headline. Applause
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 9:59:54 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 665
Applause Received: 1,369

If Hawk wouldn't have to be pulled o ff the field on third down, he would have never been asked to take a paycut. I'm linebacker envious of the 49er's. I love Matthews, but we have considerable dropoff after that.
UserPostedImage
Offline Dulak  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 11:44:24 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 103

bleh - I dont know how much we are paying brad 'sucky' jones but wth? - so we wont pay people that are an inspiration to the team or great players but we will over pay lackluster people just because they are sitting in green bay?

geez - serious brad jones hasnt done jack since he's been here; only reason he had that decent year with some sacks is because teams were trying to stop CM and so let jones run free.

No good DE's out there? or even a decent OLB? so what we get rid of zombo and walden (granted sounds like he got a good deal elsewhere) but still I dont even know whose playing our backers -

Offline DoddPower  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 12:44:24 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,087
Applause Received: 528

Originally Posted by: Dulak Go to Quoted Post
bleh - I dont know how much we are paying brad 'sucky' jones but wth? - so we wont pay people that are an inspiration to the team or great players but we will over pay lackluster people just because they are sitting in green bay?

geez - serious brad jones hasnt done jack since he's been here; only reason he had that decent year with some sacks is because teams were trying to stop CM and so let jones run free.

No good DE's out there? or even a decent OLB? so what we get rid of zombo and walden (granted sounds like he got a good deal elsewhere) but still I dont even know whose playing our backers -

Brad Jones' best contributions to this team is his coverage skills, and those can't be overlooked. He's certainly not an elite coverage MLB, but he is as good and likely better than anyone else on the roster that we have currently seen, imo. Coverage ability from a teams MLB's is a key weakness that can be exposed and abused by many teams, especially against guys like Hawk, Bishop, and DJ Smith.
Offline DakotaT  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 1:30:26 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 665
Applause Received: 1,369

Originally Posted by: doddpower Go to Quoted Post
Brad Jones' best contributions to this team is his coverage skills, and those can't be overlooked. He's certainly not an elite coverage MLB, but he is as good and likely better than anyone else on the roster that we have currently seen, imo. Coverage ability from a teams MLB's is a key weakness that can be exposed and abused by many teams, especially against guys like Hawk, Bishop, and DJ Smith.

Agreed, you need a thumper and coverage middle linebacker. When you get two guys that can do both like the 49ers have, then you have the building blocks for a great defense. We do not have that yet in Green Bay. I have my fingers crossed on Manning though.
UserPostedImage
Online nerdmann  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 1:58:52 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,705
Applause Received: 663

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Agreed, you need a thumper and coverage middle linebacker. When you get two guys that can do both like the 49ers have, then you have the building blocks for a great defense. We do not have that yet in Green Bay. I have my fingers crossed on Manning though.

I have high hopes for Manning too.

And I agree, Jones has outplayed Hawk. BJ is underrated, imo.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:00:41 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,223

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
I have high hopes for Manning too.

And I agree, Jones has outplayed Hawk. BJ is underrated, imo.

B.J. Raji?
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:05:59 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 351
Applause Received: 457

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
B.J. Raji?

Think........

Face. Palm........

Rolling On The Floor Laughing.......

Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Rss Feed