Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline play2win  
#21 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 11:59:27 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Semantics. Whatever. Point is, nearly half of the rushing attempts were in the first half. You made it sound as if they didn't run at all in the first half:

" You don't need a power running game to run the ball when you have a huge lead built by passing. Don't be fooled by looking at stats. The passing game won the SB for the Ravens."

You are ignoring the contributions of a power running game to the Ravens' success in passing during the SB. Admit it. That lead was not built by passing alone.

The Packers offense is NOT just fine if they continue to fail to run the ball more... you admit as much in your own contradiction.

Funny example you point to, in GB's 13 carries against SF in our LOSS.

"But the design is just fine."

I'm not proposing we don't throw the football. That's insane. What I am hoping that they change is a shift in emphasis to more power running to open up our passing game more, and to give our D a blow. Really simple.

Message modified by user Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:38:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline QCHuskerFan  
#22 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:59:38 PM(UTC)
QCHuskerFan

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 12/30/2010(UTC)

Applause Given: 95
Applause Received: 160

Sorry. My bad. I didn't realize when you said "a complete shift to a run oriented power game on offense", you really meant just a shift in emphasis.
Offline play2win  
#23 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:07:07 PM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan Go to Quoted Post
Sorry. My bad. I didn't realize when you said "a complete shift to a run oriented power game on offense", you really meant just a shift in emphasis.


Dude, we are on the same page.

I'm just hoping Ted can land all the players we will need to make the proper improvements in all of these areas. On the O side, I think we all agree the OL play was suspect, and that we have question marks at LT and C. We also lack that big power back that would help make all of this go.

BTW, I guess I was over emphasizing it a bit, since McCarthy is so emphatically against the need to run... as much as saying so in the press. Maybe he will change his tune a bit after two years of beatings suffered in the playoffs.

On D, we need big DL and S help. Maybe LB too, as Perry is a bit of a question mark, as is Bishop in their return from injury.

That is a lot of improvement to hope for with one draft.
Offline Pack93z  
#24 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:17:39 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 398
Applause Received: 1,078

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan Go to Quoted Post
Sorry. My bad. I didn't realize when you said "a complete shift to a run oriented power game on offense", you really meant just a shift in emphasis.


This is the core element that drove lengthy threads.. those pushing for more balance are believed to be advocating a run heavy orientation.. when in reality both sides are very close to visualizing the same thing. Well maybe except for Zombieslayer. Big Grin

Speaking of which.. gets a job and loses a Niner bet.. then disappears. ;)
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 3/28/2013(UTC)
Offline QCHuskerFan  
#25 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 3:05:35 PM(UTC)
QCHuskerFan

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 12/30/2010(UTC)

Applause Given: 95
Applause Received: 160

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
That is a lot of improvement to hope for with one draft.


Cheer up! We could be the Bears and need 4 starting OL in this one draft! And a MLB, S, DT, RB and a QB that doesn't cry.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
play2win on 3/28/2013(UTC), nerdmann on 3/28/2013(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#26 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 5:08:58 PM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan Go to Quoted Post
Cheer up! We could be the Bears and need 4 starting OL in this one draft! And a MLB, S, DT, RB and a QB that doesn't cry.


Yeah, no shit, eh?!!! Laughing

Really, though, I'm a tad concerned about all these teams loading up for bear, with us re-signing Brad Jones...

Ted plays a tough FA game, and I question his being so rigid with it. But, I do trust the guy.
Offline DoddPower  
#27 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 6:14:16 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 2,090
Applause Received: 530

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, no shit, eh?!!! Laughing

Really, though, I'm a tad concerned about all these teams loading up for bear, with us re-signing Brad Jones...

Ted plays a tough FA game, and I question his being so rigid with it. But, I do trust the guy.


It's not like he's a tight-wad for fun, or for the benefit of himself. He's just doing what he thinks is best for the long-term health of the team. He will keep them competitive and well-managed financially year-after-year. I'm sure he would love to sign some big-time free agents, but if it's not in the numbers, it's just not in the numbers; and he would certainly be one to know. He visits/talks/offers several players contracts, but he has a budget to work under and he stands by it; hence the word budget. His top priority right now is to lock up the most important players on the Packers roster, and perhaps he will have more stability financially moving forward from there.

There are still some free agents available that I think could help the team, even if for only a season or two. Am I the only one that wouldn't mind seeing someone like James Harrison or a pass-rushing specialist brought in under a reasonable contract?

Offline play2win  
#28 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 7:24:19 PM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: doddpower Go to Quoted Post
It's not like he's a tight-wad for fun, or for the benefit of himself. He's just doing what he thinks is best for the long-term health of the team. He will keep them competitive and well-managed financially year-after-year. I'm sure he would love to sign some big-time free agents, but if it's not in the numbers, it's just not in the numbers; and he would certainly be one to know. He visits/talks/offers several players contracts, but he has a budget to work under and he stands by it; hence the word budget. His top priority right now is to lock up the most important players on the Packers roster, and perhaps he will have more stability financially moving forward from there.

There are still some free agents available that I think could help the team, even if for only a season or two. Am I the only one that wouldn't mind seeing someone like James Harrison or a pass-rushing specialist brought in under a reasonable contract?



I was thinking the same thing. Harrison.

And I appreciate what you've said here and I agree. I just wonder sometimes.
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages<123
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
10m / Green Bay Packers Talk / dyeah_gb

19m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / The_Green_Ninja

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Tezzy

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

23-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

23-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / porky88